I Found This Story on YouTube. Katie Has Become a Great Cyclist

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've started following Katie Kookaburra

She's a great inspiration for folks who want to get out on a bicycle and get healthy. She has a full on "Channel" on YouTube too. I'm not related to her in any way but I am full of admiration of what she's achieved.

Its an amazing story of transformation of her life. She's a lovely person with a passion for the outdoors and cycling up mountains. At the moment I try and cycle up a steep hill twice a week. I have to be honest, my ride on that day of the week is only 12 miles (which isn't long) but it starts with a tough category 4 climb (which is doable) but at 10,000' altitude, because of the lack of oxygen it kicks my behind something wicked. I get a really good sweat on without injuring my body ( like damaging my knees from running etc) cycling up that hill. On other days I'm a mere mortal and I just ride 16 miles a day to go look at great scenery and I give a few horses some carrots!

HorsesAndCarrots.JPG

I hope that this video brings inspiration to folks who watch it. I am a fan of Geoff Whitington too, of www.fixingdad.com fame / his video got me back on to a bike and inspired me to do so much more in terms of exercise. His inspiration changed my life for the better

Have a great weekend..

LBB

Reactions: Listlad

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

She's a great inspiration for folks who want to get out on a bicycle and get healthy. She has a full on "Channel" on YouTube too. I'm not related to her in any way but I am full of admiration of what she's achieved.

Its an amazing story of transformation of her life. She's a lovely person with a passion for the outdoors and cycling up mountains. At the moment I try and cycle up a steep hill twice a week. I have to be honest, my ride on that day of the week is only 12 miles (which isn't long) but it starts with a tough category 4 climb (which is doable) but at 10,000' altitude, because of the lack of oxygen it kicks my behind something wicked. I get a really good sweat on without injuring my body ( like damaging my knees from running etc) cycling up that hill. On other days I'm a mere mortal and I just ride 16 miles a day to go look at great scenery and I give a few horses some carrots!

View attachment 36773

I hope that this video brings inspiration to folks who watch it. I am a fan of Geoff Whitington too, of www.fixingdad.com fame / his video got me back on to a bike and inspired me to do so much more in terms of exercise. His inspiration changed my life for the better

Have a great weekend..

LBB
What a refreshing slant on diet and weight loss. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 36773

Have a great weekend..

LBB

Could I ask why its in the T2 section as it seems this lady has never had any form of diabetes?
Maybe weight loss or the vegetarian section would be more apt?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Living-by-the-beach . A wonderful and inspirational post. If it helps or inspires other type 2’s in the way it has helped and inspired you then it will be a great achievement.
Hopefully your post will be seen by other type 2’s, type 1’s and non diabetics alike.

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I used to cycle, but not like you @Living-by-the-beach, I did find it exhilarating, with a breeze on my face and the heat of the warm sun, lovely. But, I do a lot more walking, as it's weight bearing exercise.
A very inspirational post, good luck and I wish you all the very best ⭐

Reactions: therower

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice video perhaps.
and i love a good cycle ride.

But not T2..and rather evangelical about vegan.
.mmhh

Not sure it should be in T2 topic
perhaps eating disorder as she mentions, or vegan seems more likely.
weight loss maybe

little point in having banners if when you come on, as in a type 2 looking for someone who can
offer ME something, ....as in i have this and this helped ME or pointing me to others who have
( T2 dietary needs are not those of the general population otherwise T2 wouldn't be an issue food wise..i guess.:D )

to come on and find it's pretty much unrelated..nice, yeah... but unrelated.
Perhaps change heading so we are aware without watching, that it is not a T2 experience being discussed here, cheers.

i'd hate to see the idea that non T2 related topics could clog up the system and just make it pretty much unusable
unless your happy (not ) to sieve through what may or may not be relevant.

Nice, and i like that you like it..it's just misplaced here, imho

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone,

This thread has now been moved from the T2 Discussion section of the forum to the Weight Loss section of the forum, due to its subject matter.

Reactions: bulkbiker