What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Big fish and Cardboard are hilarious names, I love them! Looking forward to some photos.
I know DJC... when I heard the names it touched me... the centre have had such a large intake of kittens even at this late stage of the year they are struggling with names...I did let her know they will be Charlie & Lola when they finally get home...as & when the photos from Wood Green arrive I'll post them...of course when they get home there will be lots of updates.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still I think I point scored with Mrs MC.
Mrs MC must be so relieved she has you to help out her mum...it's done out of kindness & I wouldn't object to any humorous comments on the mornings events...MIL is fortunate to have you both.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
I am back from my rendezvous with Gerald at the hospital who gently persuaded me to have the injection. He used different anaesthetic and more of it, took his time, explained every step of the way. He had two nurse assistants and I felt I got the Rolls Royce treatment this time. No resultant bleeding, only slightly dizzy and no grittiness. One more to do before Christmas and am hoping it will be him again though he is not part of “my team”. The nurse said they all have their preferred anaesthesia which they use which seemed odd but then she also said in 20 years in the clinic she never had a patient being faint and nauseous. I googled in the small hours today and these were among a long list of side effects in the drug company’s leaflet. I am now sporting a Jack Sparrow eye patch and am about to nap on the sofa with the furry girls.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just phoned for my blood tests results couldn't wait till next week to see DN and woohoo cholesterol and Hbac1 are down. Cholesterol is 5.7 ( down from over 6 ) though don't know the ratio as yet ; and most importantly ( to me ) my hbac1 is down from 69 to 51.Big grin :)
Great results and a well deserved big grin. Many congratulations.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am back from my rendezvous with Gerald at the hospital who gently persuaded me to have the injection. He used different anaesthetic and more of it, took his time, explained every step of the way. He had two nurse assistants and I felt I got the Rolls Royce treatment this time.
Well done PM it must have been such a difficult decision & so relieved you got looked after as you should have been care & consideration makes such a difference...as far as I am aware you can name who you want to be treated by there's no harm in asking for that benefit I believe you have mitigating circumstances that justify it...you must be so happy to be home with the job done...feet up I hope & being spoilt by Mr PM

Reactions: gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
I am back from my rendezvous with Gerald at the hospital who gently persuaded me to have the injection. He used different anaesthetic and more of it, took his time, explained every step of the way. He had two nurse assistants and I felt I got the Rolls Royce treatment this time. No resultant bleeding, only slightly dizzy and no grittiness. One more to do before Christmas and am hoping it will be him again though he is not part of “my team”. The nurse said they all have their preferred anaesthesia which they use which seemed odd but then she also said in 20 years in the clinic she never had a patient being faint and nauseous. I googled in the small hours today and these were among a long list of side effects in the drug company’s leaflet. I am now sporting a Jack Sparrow eye patch and am about to nap on the sofa with the furry girls.
Really pleased to hear that news @PenguinMum and hoping the final treatment before Christmas is handled just as professionally. Entente cordiale restored in your household and rendezvous with son to come.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am disappointed Saskia at yet another delay...I was offered the choice of other kittens but I couldn't abandon the second ones we reserved...they & their mother had a terrible start (too graphic to include here) so we can wait for them...what has irritated & frustrated me is the lack of information...I had to firmly but kindly say today I need to be kept updated on their progress...I have no doubt the message got through today & I am resolute those babies we picked are the right ones for us...I am waiting for pictures which when they arrive will be posted.

Well done, for standing by these little ones, mum and kittens all. :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
These brought a few tears to my eyes...introducing Big Fish & Cardboard (soon to be renamed Charlie & Lola)...

kit kats 4.JPG
kit kats 3.JPG

Reactions: karen8967

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The KittenCat and I are off to the vet in about half an hour for an appointment one hour from now. The bald patch on her leg just isn't getting any new hair growth, and this morning I caught her licking it again. My BG and BP are all over the place, as no doubt hers are too now as she caught me getting her carrier down from the shelf.
Prayers, purrs, positive thoughts and wishes, all appreciated! ^. .^

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done, for standing by these little ones, mum and kittens all. :)
Thanks Saskia just received some photos of them...posted above...poor little things more information apparently they were abandoned on their own without their mother.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Prayers, purrs, positive thoughts and wishes, all appreciated! ^. .^
Everything crossed here for the KC...I have to say those are the moments I dread with the cats/pets often my worries are ill founded but it doesn't stop me thinking/fearing the worse...I'm sure KC will be fine update us when you are able to...routing for KC all the way Saskia

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Everything crossed here for the KC...I have to say those are the moments I dread with the cats/pets often my worries are ill founded but it doesn't stop me thinking/fearing the worse...I'm sure KC will be fine update us when you are able to...routing for KC all the way Saskia

Thank you. ^. .^

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All

Thank goodness it went so well and is over for now! I am sure you look very dashing in your eye patch, and I think Keith Richards should come sing you to sleep with pirate shanteys. But better still are furry girls purring.
^. .^. .^