What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations on your 36! :) And also on your plan to resist the crumpet chat -- I would go out and eat one; I need your discipline!

Hmm ... wonder if your Dennis would enjoy attending a Christmas camp with @geefull 's young Katie ...
Might go OK with a couple of Labradors as camp counselors ...

t31180.gif
t0482.gif
t0482.gif
t0482.gif
t0482.gif
t31126.gif

Thanks for the congrats. Dennis would love nothing more than creating mayhem with Katie, but I’m already feeling sorry for those poor Labs!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ian - it feels like passing an exam! Got to have a repeat full blood count in 3 months as my Haemoglobin is low strangely, considering the amount of red meat and spinach I eat. Better have more steak.
Hope the blood count is ok in 3 months. Have to say your result is fantastic and thoroughly deserved. I am well aware of how hard you have worked and the discipline you show from your postings in the what have you eaten today thread. Has left me utterly despondent about my own levels but that is my problem you enjoy the fruits of your efforts.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit late but here I am. Large discrepancy again with fbg. 5.0 from CGM and 6.1 from finger prick. I’d like to believe the first but after a late dinner of red meat last night I know it’s the latter one.
@SaskiaKC Dennis is with ZkC on the noisemaker and tries to see it off every time it appears, he is winning, it doesn’t appear as much as perhaps it should!
Just popped into my surgery for results - she wasn’t able to give me a print out ( it seems nobody has every asked before) but will get someone else to do it this week. She was able to tell me my HnA1c is 36 which is very cheering news as it was 40 last time. I feel motivated enough to resist the crumpet chat now (I think)
Congrats and well done to you. You have worked hard for that fab score. Its nice its come before Christmas too. I would be very happy with a 36 though I will settle for under 40. My fbgs have been bad for a while so I am dreading it! Havent made the appointment yet!
I think you should have a snifter to celebrate tonight. Chin chin!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit late but here I am. Large discrepancy again with fbg. 5.0 from CGM and 6.1 from finger prick. I’d like to believe the first but after a late dinner of red meat last night I know it’s the latter one.
@SaskiaKC Dennis is with ZkC on the noisemaker and tries to see it off every time it appears, he is winning, it doesn’t appear as much as perhaps it should!
Just popped into my surgery for results - she wasn’t able to give me a print out ( it seems nobody has every asked before) but will get someone else to do it this week. She was able to tell me my HnA1c is 36 which is very cheering news as it was 40 last time. I feel motivated enough to resist the crumpet chat now (I think)
PS. Odd about the iron levels but I often think uptake of iron goes with intake of Vit C and thats not easy with our woe. Hope it will be raised next time. Meanwhile enjoy those steaks!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Well done on your fabbo score, definitely a double crumpet score in my book.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope the blood count is ok in 3 months. Have to say your result is fantastic and thoroughly deserved. I am well aware of how hard you have worked and the discipline you show from your postings in the what have you eaten today thread. Has left me utterly despondent about my own levels but that is my problem you enjoy the fruits of your efforts.

What! You are one of the most disciplined people on here! I have no willpower whatsoever but thanks for the vote of confidence, much appreciated.
We’ve said before that we all carry our own past history and ongoing issues and health baggage and it’s different for everyone, I shouldn’t think anyone reacts the same, however we are all plugging away at improving our own lot, we can do no more.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congrats and well done to you. You have worked hard for that fab score. Its nice its come before Christmas too. I would be very happy with a 36 though I will settle for under 40. My fbgs have been bad for a while so I am dreading it! Havent made the appointment yet!
I think you should have a snifter to celebrate tonight. Chin chin!

Haha! bottoms up! Thank you it was a total shock tbh as I’ve never been lower than 38 in the 2 yrs I’ve been at this lark. Hope I can keep it up now!
When will you make your appointment? Might be nice to get it over with before Christmas, but if you think it’s likely to be higher then leave it til afterwards - certainly don’t want it ruining your Christmas.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
PS. Odd about the iron levels but I often think uptake of iron goes with intake of Vit C and thats not easy with our woe. Hope it will be raised next time. Meanwhile enjoy those steaks!

Yes true you need Vit C for iron uptake, but I do eat a lot of green veg and salad. It’s a puzzle. Suppose I could take a supplement but I am so enjoying not having to think about meds at all - I used to carry a big bag of pills around with me and have several alarms set in my phone for remembering when I had to take them all. It’s bliss now not to take anything at all.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.2

Probably because I have been awake half the night making Xmas cards...
IMG_04122019_040835_(1195_x_1600_pixel).jpg

I have a Xmas party later....

And it is a clear night outside. So using my pixel 3a phone to take pics of stars...

IMG_04122019_040049_(1725_x_2300_pixel).jpg

You can see I have light polution from other people's security lights, but despite that you can see Orion above my bungalow. See the 3 stars in a line close together, then look at the star above...that is Betelgeuse. To the naked eye Betelgeuse looks a bit warmer than that.

How this phone camera copes with the night sky and being hand held and my hands shaking as I am holding the phone up, I have no idea how it does so well.

I took loads more photos of the night sky!. Now I am under the electric blanket. I need to try and get a couple of hours sleep...at least...

Night night...