1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by OldButBold, Apr 24, 2019.

1. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Morning all and thanks for the congrats all. @dunelm Happy Bin day. @Muddy Cyclist I didn’t know about Orion being used to measure light pollution, I’m going to count tonight. @gennepher lovely night sky photo with your amazing camera again
    I woke to 6.1 (5.2 on CGM) which is faintly irritating after an hour in the gym with PT yesterday and fish for dinner ( turbot, wonderful but so expensive, won’t be repeating it too often)
    @ianpspurs a day of remembrance for you. I’m sure he’d understand. He built the house for love of his wife and family and you are moving for love of yours.
    I’m hoping to join the diabetes health walk at the Eden Project this morning. They run them every week as part of social prescribing, it’s not far from me and might meet some new chums.
    Little Dennis barking furiously at those bin men again, as are the dogs next door and over the road. Wednesday is a noisy day in these parts.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 5
  2. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning All. @trick60 and @OldButBold there is no justice with this I am a livid 6.6 after a safe day of food with smaller portions than usual.
    I am rushing out in a minute to pick up a friend and we are going to a Christmas Cookery Demo we have been going to for the past 10 years. I am no longer able to taste everything but it is a nice event.
    Have a good Wednsday everyone. Stay/get well, stay safe.
    Very foggy here so need to leave lots of time.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  3. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Bit loose outside the off stump and trigger movement needs work but thanks.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  4. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Our recycling bin is getting out of hand - found it’s way, under the cover of darkness, out onto the pavement - unless it was Mrs Miggins last night but highly unlikely. Recycling Bin Tricky.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

IMG_2337.JPG @dunelm keeping in seasonable tradition......

Oh no it's not!

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ianpspurs

Behind you:angelic: (so where is?)

• Funny Funny x 7
  7. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good National Bin Day Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Today could be the highlight of your week only if you don't let the political mess we are in or not in depending on your point of view upset you.
    My neighbour finally got round to asking me had I seen his pet alligator, I didn't have the heart to tell him I sacrificed it at the sandwich alter.

Shock horror driven to the depths of depression this morning, feeling suicidal, my reading was 7.3, but then I did eat a lump of cheese, it was the size of Everest just before I staggered up the wooden hill to bed. ( Now for those of you that take everything I write literally, I am only joking, for me and me's with my medication and conditions any reading below 10 is good ).

Mrs J finally trapped me and forced me to have a hair cut and beard trim, hair is now a number 8 and the beard a number 1. Luckily I am still a card carrying member of the scruffy gits club.
    What are your plans for today? Anything wild an exciting? I hope so. Remember to grow old disgracefully is an honour and privilege, enjoy it while you can.
    Have a great day folks.

Ps Alligator tastes like muddy chicken

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Muddy Cyclist

Oh No it doesn't!

Mrs MC is giving me the runaround for an hair cut also, to blooming cold in my opinion.

Typed it small so she can't hear me. :)

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Muddy Cyclist

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  10. ianpspurs

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Now that's the sensible way to do it - not as I did it. I was walking along a country lane with a boisterous young Labrador on a lead. Poles, lead and boisterous Labrador - a recipe for disaster.

Re: the cycling accident: I think that I was very lucky and although I have been left with ongoing problems I did survive the accident - which I am so grateful for.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Muddy Cyclist

I had the dubious pleasure of leading a Nordic walking pole group from Wales around Cannock Chase, I don't use poles myself unless hill walking when they help on the descents. I assumed quite wrongly that a Nordic pole walking group would want a good walk so planned 8 miles taking in Shugborough Hall for lunch. Three things I had not accounted for, 1. The noise from all those poles, hardly a quiet walk in the countryside. 2. They don't walk far, two miles in I was having to think how to shorten the walk. 3. This group and since then other groups I have encountered think they don't need to stop/move for others they act like an unstoppable marching army of ants.
    Of course individuals don't do those things but groups are terrible!

• Informative Informative x 6
  13. Muddy Cyclist

Hugs for your ongoing problems from the accident, I have stopped riding on the roads, too scary. I can get on to the heathland and forest along bridleways from where I live so i am very fortunate.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  14. Krystyna23040

Your walking poles look excellent quality and very robust. They look ideal for walking around.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Krystyna23040

I was too scared to ride on the roads after that. Your cycle rides on heathland and forest Bridleways sound really lovely - and much safer than the roads.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  16. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Looks very businesslike and efficient!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Krystyna23040

Never tried walking in groups - it sounds horrendous. I must admit that I ditched the poles as soon as I could walk unaided. Although I do think that they are an excellent aid for fitness - in my mind they were a symbol of my disability and my goal was to walk without them.

Also, in 2005 not that many people were using them and I got so many comments from people saying things like "don't you realise it's not snowing" I got quite fed up. I know it was because the movement pattern is similar to skiing but I still got fed up with it happening all the time.

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. SaskiaKC

Verse 11, I'd say.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  19. Krystyna23040

Just read your post - well done for the brilliant 36.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. SaskiaKC

I've never met an Australian Bulldog but one of my favorite dog novels is an Australian one, "Golden Dog," which has a Bulldog named Algy. It's by Mary Elwyn Patchett.

• Informative Informative x 4
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook