1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by OldButBold, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you @gennepher I will pass that on to Mrs MC we know Doc should do home visits it's just the attitude at MILs healthcentre Mrs MC will continue fighting this battle. As for social services I think we will give up on them totally and just get on with what we think is best. Your support and care for the information is much appreciated.

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

When Mrs MC did her open uni exam she took all the main bullet points, diagrams, formulas, wrote them in large letters on paper and blue tacked them all around the house, she reckons they acted in a subliminal manner, it might work for you. Good luck with the exam.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Glad the walk and balaclava were good and hug for the accident way back when. I did use the NW poles when we still had 2 dogs - carried them for the short distance to open country then let dogs off and used them. Quite a few people combine the 2 activities around here. Hopefully we will have another dog or 2 when we move and there appear to be plenty of walks in the area. Enjoy your day and new balaclava.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #13423 ianpspurs, Dec 3, 2019 at 9:50 AM
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  4. geefull

geefull Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

good morning all :)

4.8 today

it's bright and not raining this morning so off we will go to mum's for lunch, the soup is already in the making. We were expecting the delivery of the fuel logs to mum's this morning but we got a call from mum yesterday afternoon to say they had already arrived :) Good job we cleared a space ahead of time.

We shall be putting up mum's Christmas lights and decorations probably, high level and out of the way of small poodles who's instinct is to try tasting and chewing everything ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 3
  5. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

#13425 SlimLizzy, Dec 3, 2019 at 10:29 AM
  6. ianpspurs

Another one with what sounds like a dream day - soup excepted. I really miss stacking logs this winter as no point ordering 4 ton loads to leave for buyers and we agreed to leave all fruit trees:arghh:. I do enjoy reading your posts they give me an idea of what my life could be like if only I could make LC work for me any other way than (mainly) 1 salad a day. Please think of me whilst stacking those logs and enjoy on my behalf. Not sure if we can install (for a sensible price) a wood/multi fuel burner in next home and definitely no room for 4 tons of logs (or chickens) outside - I want the garage for a gym but maybe Bob the builder can partition it (for logs obs)

• Like Like x 6
    • Hug Hug x 2
    #13426 ianpspurs, Dec 3, 2019 at 10:33 AM
  7. mojo37

mojo37 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ignore the negativity you know how well you have done ( and so do we) :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    #13427 mojo37, Dec 3, 2019 at 11:21 AM
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  8. mojo37

Classic case of the left hand not knowing what the right is doing lol

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. mojo37

Thank you .

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. mojo37

A lovely 5.5 this morning :) off to see the dreaded DN shortly and see if I can put a smile on here face .

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  11. ianpspurs

Great start to the day and how could anyone not wear a smile on their face when fortunate enough to enjoy your company?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Put winner for Mrs C, not just taking it.
    And I know you can't see it but I am shaking my head in disbelief that
    A the person could be SO rude
    B so blind & uncompassionate re Mil's needs.

Sadly the'threats' do seem to be the way to go.

Can't help feeling each department is like a little "feifdom' that none of them want to give up, and are happy carrying on as if the rest of the world or other departments don't exist.

So sorry you all have to suffer this.

Like you say, a long way to go to fix.. Sadly

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Bit late but here I am. Large discrepancy again with fbg. 5.0 from CGM and 6.1 from finger prick. I’d like to believe the first but after a late dinner of red meat last night I know it’s the latter one.
    @SaskiaKC Dennis is with ZkC on the noisemaker and tries to see it off every time it appears, he is winning, it doesn’t appear as much as perhaps it should!
    Just popped into my surgery for results - she wasn’t able to give me a print out ( it seems nobody has every asked before) but will get someone else to do it this week. She was able to tell me my HnA1c is 36 which is very cheering news as it was 40 last time. I feel motivated enough to resist the crumpet chat now (I think)

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ianpspurs

Brilliant A1c - told you you would be fine. Really pleased for you - well deserved.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    #13434 ianpspurs, Dec 3, 2019 at 1:06 PM
  15. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

How sad is that :sorry:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  16. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Well-Known Member

7.3 this morning. It is, as an old acquaintance used to say, what it is.

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. SaskiaKC

Thank you. :) That is good to know. I will say this for this particular clerk, she has come a long way from her first week here, when she did not know how to unlock the freight elevator after a team of movers had booked it. Not her fault at all, rather, lack of proper training by our "management" and her own firm. She herself is a super person, and does a great job with what information she is given.

I am just so grateful I was not inside the elevator when it got stuck, unlike poor @gennepher . There would probably have been dents in the inner doors, and a puddle of raving lunatic on the floor when they were finally opened!

Blessings to you, Trick. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. SaskiaKC

Your new balaclava sounds brilliant. I was also interested to read about your Nordic Poles. I think mine are the same thing -- a neighbor has a pair for walking, and I ordered a pair. They have been great and I am working on being brave enough to walk farther afield with them. I usually take my shopping cart because most of my walking here is in the shopping area anyway and I usually come home with some groceries or something.
    Thank goodness I don't have to take the KittenCat walking with me! :)

These are like my poles:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  19. SaskiaKC

@Muddy Cyclist and @gennepher May I offer two suggestions for your consideration, don't know if they are appropriate, but having been a librarian this is what I would try:
    I would ask a local librarian (the head librarian, not just library staff) for help in finding local resources for MIL.
    I would also ask MIL's vicar/priest/clergy. Some can be great sources of local info; others ... meh. :( But maybe worth a call?

I apologize if I am speaking out of turn, I realize I'm not exactly local! I am just part hound, part terrier when it comes to chasing down and ferreting out whatever info exists.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. ianpspurs

Those look very professional @SaskiaKC. Nordic walking poles have gloves https://nordicwalking.co.uk/product/fizan_pro_100_carbon_pair/ and more here http://www.nordicacademy.com.au/ind...-poles/nordic-walking-poles-or-trekking-poles

• Like Like x 1
    #13440 ianpspurs, Dec 3, 2019 at 2:08 PM
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook