What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.2 this morning, after a late-night snack of generic store-brand cheerios. Pretty pathetic especially after dreaming that FBG was 4.9. Or is it pretty pathetic that I even dreamed about FBG numbers?

@dunelm I like your elf and drummer. Who is the character behind the Head Elf's left shoulder? It looks like a model for a Woman's Brain - Man's Brain seminar?

@SaskiaKC - thank you - the character behind is a 19thC phrenology head that I call Alfredo Garcia

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe also the body was healing other conditions and it took priority

I think you may be right @Krystyna23040
I am beginning to think the body does healing and adjusting in some sort of constant cycle, possibly because it has taken a long time to get to get to the point of diabetes, and then, with the perseverance of low carb as you did, it might need quite some time to heal and readjust itself.

You have done well.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a pretty decent 5.6.

not been on so much,
took a job for Xmas to bring in some extra spending money for the hols, and to relieve the boredom.

but all before my poor nephew..

had planned to take car etc, but their needs are greater, though we had a battle of them trying to give it back
and me insisting they keep it for the time being (hate to think he takes a turn for the worst and they ..well you know)
so it's 3 tubes and a short walk or one tube and a long walk..20 odd minutes
add in the hour + either way and that starts being a blooming Looong day
which would be fine, except the sleep and prep for the day, just leaves me cutting it fine as it is..:wideyed:

So, darn long days.,.well nights, actually..6pm -6am
rinse and repeat for 5 days..:woot:

my first stint working over night, weird if i'm honest, but hey ho

liking the job, people ok, so could be worse

so don't worry, i'm still reading all the posts and such
just not got enough time to post back and mention things,
and then you know how fast the posts build up, yadda, yadda...yes feeble excuses..but i pray you can forgive me,
i'll make up for it on holiday...:D:hilarious::hilarious:

@ianpspurs & pricking crew...nephew update.

taken off intubation (?), now on mask for oxy.
delirious, which was a worry, but seems that is rather normal.
claims hes in Cardiff, says he's been 'stitched up' ( by who we don't know. )
and he wants a pint and a burger...last two may not be part of the delirium..;)

still very poorly :sorry:.., but we move 2 steps forward and one step back, so 'progress' at least..

pleasant day all.just finishing off a little breakfast then off to sleep.

now i sort of understand how @SaskiaKC , must 'see' the forum..:D

Ciao Bella..x

Big hugs to you and your nephew and your whole family. :)

t4624.gif

And extra virtual wishes for Nephew:
t1924.gif
t1921.gif

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had my hair cut
Me too today, clippers set for a number 5 cut, basically short, Mrs MC is pleased, I prefer the long haired folk look. Still I needed to look smart for the pending Recorder Quartet gigs, I can look the part even if my notes are not always right. I tried my DJ on, wow with my weight loss I look like a clown in those baggy pants they wear, I just hope people don't try pulling them down and letting them ping back up on My bracers :joyful:

Update on MIL. MRs MC said Doc came out and he was Charm itself, but he would only alter two tablets, at least they are the BP tablets and Water Tablets, MILs BP is very low. Mrs MC wanted MIL off Statins and Calcium, MIL is 93 for goodness sake but Doc said he wanted those to remain on prescription, still it's a start.

Granddaughter day and Chimney sweep day tomorrow.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Me too today, clippers set for a number 5 cut, basically short, Mrs MC is pleased, I prefer the long haired folk look. Still I needed to look smart for the pending Recorder Quartet gigs, I can look the part even if my notes are not always right. I tried my DJ on, wow with my weight loss I look like a clown in those baggy pants they wear, I just hope people don't try pulling them down and letting them ping back up on My bracers :joyful:

Update on MIL. MRs MC said Doc came out and he was Charm itself, but he would only alter two tablets, at least they are the BP tablets and Water Tablets, MILs BP is very low. Mrs MC wanted MIL off Statins and Calcium, MIL is 93 for goodness sake but Doc said he wanted those to remain on prescription, still it's a start.

Granddaughter day and Chimney sweep day tomorrow.

Sounds like it will be a good day for all. I'm glad Doc has made a good start at last.

I only get my hair cut when they send me a coupon in the mail. Part of me wants to let it grow long enough to braid but most of me doesn't have the patience.

I really must keep up with playing my recorders. Now that I have the notes in my head for the soprano again I should start back on the alto and this time not cheat and play it with C fingering. :angelic:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning with a 5.8 for me.

Sounds like it will be a good day for all. I'm glad Doc has made a good start at last.

I only get my hair cut when they send me a coupon in the mail. Part of me wants to let it grow long enough to braid but most of me doesn't have the patience.

I really must keep up with playing my recorders. Now that I have the notes in my head for the soprano again I should start back on the alto and this time not cheat and play it with C fingering. :angelic:
Comment about growing your hair made me smile, that's exactly what I think I had a pony tale back in the 60s and would like to grow another but it would take an age and probably look very odd with my bald crown :joyful:

That swap between Soprano and Alto Recorder is always tricky, Mrs MC does it all the time in performances. I play Bass which is the same fingering as the Treble but as you know the notes in the Bass Cleft are different to the Treble Cleft so a difficult change for me also. Still it keeps our brains active.

After a windy night we have a dead calm here and no rain. Go steady one and all.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...what a day yesterday set off for West Bromwich used my phone navigation...I think there was an issue on the M1 as it took me down every 'B' road in the UK...small twisting icy roads 20-30 MPH...there was sun fog drizzle rain we had the whole weather system...finally arriving 2 & three quarter hours later...job done just two hours to get home absolutely starving by the time I got here...ate very badly last night & woke to a 6.8 NO HUGS I know exactly what it was...on an exciting note bin day the black one!

Last edited: