What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. So much to wrap my head around already. Bin days, haircuts (or Herr Kutz the German Barber), DJs, recorder finger positions, weather in Nottingham and news from our Blackpool correspondent. My fbg was 5.2 this morning which seems like a win after a very nasty little surprise yesterday. Today may be either https://www.poemtree.com/poems/YonderSeeTheMorning.htm or Isaiah 35 V 1 but the night has passed and the day lies open before us. Have a simply spiffing day old, young or inbetween beans. If you can't, look adversity in the eyes and stare it down with steely determination.

s0210.gif
t9201.gif
t9510.gif
t115001.gif
t31033.gif
t31170.gif

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A very belated Morning from the Sunnyish North, I had the misfortune of a rather nasty Hypo last night (12:30 if anyone is interested) which resulted in my sitting on the downstairs WC, for some reason I couldn't stand up, wondering why I was there with rivers of sweat flowing off me! I was so discombobulated (love that word no Idea what it means though) that I nearly had to call my wife for help! I can just picture the scene now "help Michelle I feel funny" huff and puffing, grumbles from upstairs "this better be worth me getting up for, or I'll give you what for...…...Oh look at you all poorly lets help you (through gritted teeth) I'll just give you a little clip round the lug later" or something like that! But I managed to sort myself out, but it took 45 minutes and am still feeling its effects now. Doomy must have took pity on me and no fight was needed as it just presented me with 7.1 (better than the 1.9 earlier) on reflection I should have asked for help as it was a unpleasant, and I will admit a frightening one as it's been a while since I have had one as bad as that. Apologies for the waffle, it's only blooming FRIDAY!!! time to run around visiting houses of ill repute and where drink is imbibed and we all sing songs and have a laugh! or not as whatever takes your fancy. Take care everyone, and please accept hugs and well done's in equal measure. Have a good weekend everyone.
hugs for the hypo johnpol been having a few myself lately not nice :(

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 fbs. 5.8 two hours after breakfast and in the 4s ever since. So all is good.
Have had a brilliant admin day on my supersonic broadband and have done all the admin. Am off teaching classes now and then will be able to catch up on the forum later this evening when I return.

Did the most important thing first - ordered my Montezuma chocolate online in bulk. Have only just discovered their 100% - it is lovely.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sad Awful Depresing
Yet Inspiring, Powerful and Passionate.

WHY...?

Why would the finest minds not follow the trails other blaze.
Why must SO SO many be left to suffer due to ill thought out and /or outdated Dogma.

If that was me...
i'd try that in a heart beat.

God bless her, and all the others like her.

We don't need to shout to be heard.

we need to ROAR.

Lovely
post @Debandez ..:happy:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"..Morning listeners..if you just tuned in, .i've just come down from the highlands

I'm now in amongst the natives of McGarrett plains,

For those who know their geography, i'm just past the fork in the river,
the french named D'iabetes..at a place known locally as 5.7

Natives seem friendly.

Rumour has it they are dangerous and a blood thirsty lot.
They are supposed to smother themselves in Fat, and dance around naked worshipping raw chicken
and can go from happy to grumpy in the space of a meal,
a curse said to be laid on them by the devils assistant, Shughaar.

The day starts with the morning ceremony of worship
the tribe gather and in shows of bravery and trust in their chosen Lord, LoKarbi
they pierce their skins and exclaim in high pitch the amount they shed.

It is, so legend has it.. how this part of McGarrett Plains got it's name.

I admit to being worried, yet honoured

The chief elders ...Iron spurs, Haribo, Mother of Penguins, DoneLm and Old but not broken
have invited me to tomorrows ceremony.....:wideyed:

despite that , meeting the OOhhmif-inga tribe has been a revelation.

Kind, friendly caring, willing to share with me, an absolute stranger.. and outsider to boot.

but fiercely defensive of their way of life, so i'm trying to fit in, but if i'm honest
apart from all the blood letting, it's like anywhere else..so far..:wacky:

More after tomorrows ceremony.....i hope :***:

till then travel safe,
& be kind to strangers "
we were all one once..:happy:

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@johnpol

as said, hugs for the nightmare of that one.
and a big up for the positive end note on your post

pretty sure the lord gave us teeth to tear so we would survive the wild
a brain to help us plot, plan & outwit our enemies
hair to bristle and keep us warm when it gets cold
and humour ..so we don't break inside too easily, when the days get darker.

best wishes for a return to normal numbers and a better run for the coming weeks.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"..Morning listeners..if you just tuned in, .i've just come down from the highlands

I'm now in amongst the natives of McGarrett plains,

For those who know their geography, i'm just past the fork in the river,
the french named D'iabetes..at a place known locally as 5.7

Natives seem friendly.

Rumour has it they are dangerous and a blood thirsty lot.
They are supposed to smother themselves in Fat, and dance around naked worshipping raw chicken
and can go from happy to grumpy in the space of a meal,
a curse said to be laid on them by the devils assistant, Shughaar.

The day starts with the morning ceremony of worship
the tribe gather and in shows of bravery and trust in their chosen Lord, LoKarbi
they pierce their skins and exclaim in high pitch the amount they shed.

It is, so legend has it.. how this part of McGarrett Plains got it's name.

I admit to being worried, yet honoured

The chief elders ...Iron spurs, Haribo, Mother of Penguins, DoneLm and Old but not broken
have invited me to tomorrows ceremony.....:wideyed:

despite that , meeting the OOhhmif-inga tribe has been a revelation.

Kind, friendly caring, willing to share with me, an absolute stranger.. and outsider to boot.

but fiercely defensive of their way of life, so i'm trying to fit in, but if i'm honest
apart from all the blood letting, it's like anywhere else..so far..:wacky:

More after tomorrows ceremony.....i hope :***:

till then travel safe,
& be kind to strangers "
we were all one once..:happy:

Winner Winner Raw Chicken Dinner ! :D

Reactions: gennepher

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm very smug to announce that I have now officially finished my Christmas shopping. After picking out a mare and foal as a Toy For A Tot, I went for a walk and happened upon ye new Olde Bottle Shoppe. I went in, met the two very gentlemanlike proprietors, and bought myself a bottle of bourbon for Christmas Day and New Year's Eve with a bit left over for Twelfth Night.

Just to show the scale of my partying plans, here is my Christmas drink with my mouse and meter:

33163-977f5a026dfba36c6659e09839098102.jpg

Attachments

• 20191206_132217.jpg
    20191206_132217.jpg
    506.9 KB · Views: 236

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm very smug to announce that I have now officially finished my Christmas shopping. After picking out a mare and foal as a Toy For A Tot, I went for a walk and happened upon ye new Olde Bottle Shoppe. I went in, met the two very gentlemanlike proprietors, and bought myself a bottle of bourbon for Christmas Day and New Year's Eve with a bit left over for Twelfth Night.

Just to show the scale of my partying plans, here is my Christmas drink with my mouse and meter:

33163-977f5a026dfba36c6659e09839098102.jpg
Enjoy - I quite like bourbon.

Reactions: Debandez

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey back on board and lots going on. @jjrak there is no place I like better than McGarrett country, as you know, but its been a while. I long to return, keep a seat warm for me please! @johnpol so sorry about last night, it must have been horrible, so brave of you getting through and posting the way you did. @SaskiaKC well done you and I like the sound of the Bourbon for the poignant moments. Dont let the KC knock it over is my advice! I got my Christmas cards finished today and me and Mr PM are going out to buy tree tomo and then getting all the decs out of the loft and then a day of sparkle and memories will ensue.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I admit it was my alternate plan after my initial reaction was more like:
"We live in a building full of old folks. Some of our neighbors get around with the help of walkers or canes of various types. Why on earth would you make a joke about a neighbor walking with the aid of two poles?"
I had to really make a conscious decision to think up the smiling "hitting the slopes" reply. :angelic: :banghead:
You definitely did better than me. I just couldn't think of a reply to the comments about snow.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
had planned to take car etc, but their needs are greater, though we had a battle of them trying to give it back
and me insisting they keep it for the time being (hate to think he takes a turn for the worst and they ..well you know)
What a wonderful thing to do for them and how good to hear that your nephew is making some progress - even though it is two steps forward and one step back.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
But in a month's time I will say about it. I have a notebook where I will record everything even my thoughts and feelings. This doesn't involve taking anything, it is simply reworking and planning in a better way on what I do now.

So, you inspired me to do this @Krystyna23040
Thank you for your kind words. I am really looking forward to your report on the outcome of your challenge.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
for some reason I couldn't stand up, wondering why I was there with rivers of sweat flowing off me! I was so discombobulated (love that word no Idea what it means though) that I nearly had to call my wife for help!
That hypo sounded really scary. 1.9 is really low. You probably should have called your wife for help. Am so pleased that you are OK now.