What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you have grandchildren and Alexa try these: Alexa how many days to Christmas? then say yes when it asks you if you want to speak to Santa. You then get Santa reading the news, giving a weather forecast and singing the mince pie song! Brilliant

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
"..Morning listeners..if you just tuned in, .i've just come down from the highlands

I'm now in amongst the natives of McGarrett plains,

For those who know their geography, i'm just past the fork in the river,
the french named D'iabetes..at a place known locally as 5.7

Natives seem friendly.

Rumour has it they are dangerous and a blood thirsty lot.
They are supposed to smother themselves in Fat, and dance around naked worshipping raw chicken
and can go from happy to grumpy in the space of a meal,
a curse said to be laid on them by the devils assistant, Shughaar.

The day starts with the morning ceremony of worship
the tribe gather and in shows of bravery and trust in their chosen Lord, LoKarbi
they pierce their skins and exclaim in high pitch the amount they shed.

It is, so legend has it.. how this part of McGarrett Plains got it's name.

I admit to being worried, yet honoured

The chief elders ...Iron spurs, Haribo, Mother of Penguins, DoneLm and Old but not broken
have invited me to tomorrows ceremony.....:wideyed:

despite that , meeting the OOhhmif-inga tribe has been a revelation.

Kind, friendly caring, willing to share with me, an absolute stranger.. and outsider to boot.

but fiercely defensive of their way of life, so i'm trying to fit in, but if i'm honest
apart from all the blood letting, it's like anywhere else..so far..:wacky:

More after tomorrows ceremony.....i hope :***:

till then travel safe,
& be kind to strangers "
we were all one once..:happy:
Absolutely brilliant your best yet

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Home alone again, Mrs MC at moms as MIL now has a urine infection and in a few short hours deteriorated. Carers had let Mrs MC know so once granddaughter had gone home we rushed to MILs. A doctor came out very late and gave us a choice, straight to hospital or someone stays with her for 3 days, makes her drink, give her antibiotics and takes care of her but if no change into hospital after the 3 days. So as MIL would be so confused and distraught in hospital because of her Alzheimer's, Mrs MC is staying. We have Cancelled the two weekend gigs as they are both over a 2 hour journey away, disappointing for us and potential audience but that can't be helped.

So ate after midnight but before that my BG was 5.3 I expected it to be much lower.

Out of interest, tonight's doctor said that MIL probably had urine retention because on Thursday her doctor had stopped the Water tablet meds and her body had become reliant on them, taking them away stopped her peeing.

Reactions: DJC3

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Read through many posts tonight. Hugs to all having difficulties with BG levels and other trials and tribulations.

@johnpol wow! That was a tough hypo, hope you don't experience such terrors again.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Home alone again, Mrs MC at moms as MIL now has a urine infection and in a few short hours deteriorated. Carers had let Mrs MC know so once granddaughter had gone home we rushed to MILs. A doctor came out very late and gave us a choice, straight to hospital or someone stays with her for 3 days, makes her drink, give her antibiotics and takes care of her but if no change into hospital after the 3 days. So as MIL would be so confused and distraught in hospital because of her Alzheimer's, Mrs MC is staying. We have Cancelled the two weekend gigs as they are both over a 2 hour journey away, disappointing for us and potential audience but that can't be helped.

So ate after midnight but before that my BG was 5.3 I expected it to be much lower.

Out of interest, tonight's doctor said that MIL probably had urine retention because on Thursday her doctor had stopped the Water tablet meds and her body had become reliant on them, taking them away stopped her peeing.

Oh how horrible.
Sending hugs and prayers and best wishes for all of you.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.5

And I think that is because I ate some favourite chocolates they handed round in art group yesterday...

However I needed that energy when I nearly arrived home. I was met with my black wheelie bin coming at me down the hill as I am driving up the hill.

Stopped the car, wheelie bin hit the front of the car. But my car is not big enough to get a black wheelie bin in...

So hanging on to the wheelie bin, I got my walker out of the car. Perched it sideways on that, berated it all the way home for not behaving itself. Jammed it right in a corner when I got home.

How come mine was the only black wheelie bin to make a run for it? All the other wheelie bins in my road were tidily waiting outside their owner's houses waiting for them to come home from work and return them to the back gardens.

Then I had to get back to my car which was waiting patiently on the hill, and drive that back home...

How come I did not see another soul or moving car when all this was taking place? I would have appreciated some help! And it was black as night because some very dark clouds came over and the wind was whipping a frenzy. It was quite eerie actually...a weird dark light that was tinged with an ominous yellow.

Have a good Friday...
I am not getting out of bed today.
Electric blanket day and cat as chest warmer (he sleeps right under my chin).

Wind starting up again...

I am glad you made it home OK. I think I may have a day like that tomorrow. In bed with car, I mean .... thankfully I have no wheelie bin to deal with. ^. .^

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am glad you made it home OK. I think I may have a day like that tomorrow. In bed with car, I mean .... thankfully I have no wheelie bin to deal with. ^. .^

P.S. That should read "cat" not "car"!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@johnpol
I hope you are having a peaceful, restful night tonight. Next time, call for help!

But hopefully there won't be another next time like that. :)
Hugs.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hugs for all of you @Muddy Cyclist
Sending healing hugs and prayers for MIL.
Take care x

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @SaskiaKC
A day in bed with cat is always a good thing.
My wheelie bin is still in the naughty corner...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
P.S. That should read "cat" not "car"!
I did 'see' you in bed with a car at first
t09115.gif
t2254 (1).gif
t89049.gif

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.5 on the dice, up and at 'em today as I have been told that Christmas must be installed without delay, so today is taken care of, tomorrow will be spent under the bonnet of my works van because the wipers have started sending random semaphore signals to all and sundry and I can't turn them off which is jolly annoying, I think they may have developed some sort of artificial unintelligence.

@jjraak , deffo your best post yet Oohmif-inga tribe made me laugh out loud....brill.

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

You have my deepest sympathies, @Muddy Cyclist and family

My mum was similar and kept getting water infections.
at first we were beside ourselves thinking this was the end, as she would really go off the rails and be almost unmanageable, tearful, fretful and so frustrated she'd be quite aggressive.

It seemed like a miracle when the treatment worked and within days she was back to my normal mum again, sadly still with Alz, but at least not so upset with the world, or herself.

if i recall the treatment worked pretty quickly, but it's definitely something to keep an eye on.

we became quite good at it, and at the first sign straight onto docs, (simply because it was so traumatic and distressing for all concerned)..Luckily first time it happened after that, i was still there when doc arrived (dad had called me early hours mum going off her head at him, poor sod..so i'd rush over to take some of the pressure of his tired old shoulders)
and dad was being fobbed off by docs "it's just part of the illness, and she's having a funny turn
we'll just wait and see if she deteriorates.

had a frank discussion with doctor, dad at this time was weeks away from his heart attack, and i knew he wasn't fit enough for this...but sometimes dad was too polite just because they were in authority.

i told doc straight out the issues, but he declined to treat, like we were over dramatising it., told us to call if situation worsened.

Mum got steadily worse as expected, another home visit arranged next day same.. doc, but this time he could see the manifestation we spoke of.
Never had to ask twice after that.

best wishes for MiL..may the meds work as quick for her.

Hugs to you and wife, not nice, but what good people you both are.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.5 on the dice, up and at 'em today as I have been told that Christmas must be installed without delay, so today is taken care of, tomorrow will be spent under the bonnet of my works van because the wipers have started sending random semaphore signals to all and sundry and I can't turn them off which is jolly annoying, I think they may have developed some sort of artificial unintelligence.

@jjraak , deffo your best post yet Oohmif-inga tribe made me laugh out loud....brill.

Most kind, i always knew the madness would come in useful somehow. :bag:;)
And you too, @alf_Josiah ..thank you for the nice comment. ..too kind.:)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. 4.1 last night before bed. A more relaxing Saturday than usual as the hall I teach in is holding a Christmas fair so am only teaching two 1:1s at home.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...friends popped round last night had great fun... woke up this morning to three empty prosecco bottles on the dining table & a slight headache (Hic!) ooh dear...had a coffee will need another soon...staying put this morning...woke to a not surprising 6.8 (Hic!)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and a 5.8 which is not a surprise.

Thanks for all your support re MIL and Mrs MC,

@jjraak I gave your post a friendly rating for the support but here is a much needed hug also.

No idea what the day may have in store although we have. Logistic problem with Mrs MC not being at her moms with transport so have to figure away of getting car to MILs and then getting back home, bike maybe but it is over 30 mile and I hate road cycling.

Deal well with whatever your day may have you face, take care one and all.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 fbs. 5.8 two hours after breakfast and in the 4s ever since. So all is good.
Have had a brilliant admin day on my supersonic broadband and have done all the admin. Am off teaching classes now and then will be able to catch up on the forum later this evening when I return.

Did the most important thing first - ordered my Montezuma chocolate online in bulk. Have only just discovered their 100% - it is lovely.

Have you seen the 30g individual bars of Montezumas Absolute black? You have to buy a box of about 12 or 20 ( can’t remember) but they are perfectly portion controlled. About 3g carb per bar I think.