Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I had a bit of a lazy day, diabetes at 9.6 and my insulin was delivered this morning - the ice pack that it was in was partially frozen (1-2 panels solid crumbles of ice) and the rest wasn’t frozen, so I’m wondering if my insulin is okay.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greetings fellow pumpers and prickers, hope you are all having a good if maybe slightly damp day.

Finally had to call Abbot as the Libre I was using was wildly out. It was great for my Libre figures as i was showing as running between 3.1 and 5.2 for almost 24 hours. Final straw was a reading of 3.4 on Libre and steady and a blood test of 7.4, so more than 100% out

Phoned Abbot and they are sending out a new one

Gangrenous diabetic foot:***::***: that sounds horrible

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Morning chaps. Nothing to see here, just checking in. Did get a nice gangrenous diabetic foot last night though. It’s probably no longer attached to it’s owner. :D
Eeeeeuw.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon everyone, I let the train take the strain, but have been in hypo city all afternoon, doing a bit of Christmas shopping, I had a minimum of Insulin on board and absolutely cream crackerd now, So sitting with a lovely hot cuppa and watching the magnificent Fred Astaire in Holiday Inn, what a dancer/performer :happy: I do love the golden oldies :joyful:

Reactions: Diakat
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Greetings fellow pumpers and prickers, hope you are all having a good if maybe slightly damp day.

Finally had to call Abbot as the Libre I was using was wildly out. It was great for my Libre figures as i was showing as running between 3.1 and 5.2 for almost 24 hours. Final straw was a reading of 3.4 on Libre and steady and a blood test of 7.4, so more than 100% out

Phoned Abbot and they are sending out a new one

Gangrenous diabetic foot:***::***: that sounds horrible

That's what my uncle had in the 1970's, he was type 1 as well, but sadly died :(

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey @MeiChanski - That's a concern. Have you asked the pharmacy about your insulin?

I'm guessing some of your playmates on here will have some views too.

Reactions: MeiChanski

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What ridiculous conspiracy is going on here? Accidentally bolusing twice for your meal is one thing (thank who/whatever you prefer for the meal not being very carby, although it did involve a slice of bread), but the carbiest part was burnt and the rest of it didn't taste very good after microwaving it. Still ate the microwaved part, as hey, one needs food, before finding out I double bolused for the mostly uneaten bread.
Which left me with a double bolus for something I didn't eat and a full stomach from something I didn't like.

A perfect moment to dig out a bag of crisps (preferably cheese-onion but I won't whinge about Dorito's either) as there's always room for crisps in me.
No crisps in the house.
Alright, Antje, get over the no crisps thing like a grown-up and put that bottle of funny honey-licorice liqueur within reach.
Turns out that bottle must have hidden itself with the crisps :banghead:

I guess I'm doomed to munch on winegums every time I start to drop for the next couple of hours. I'll put crisps and funny liqueur on my shopping list tomorrow :grumpy:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@MeiChanski My ice packs are usually thawed by the time I get mine and I've had no issues with it. Everything has always still been cold in the container it was shipped in. Calling the pharmacy though is probably a good idea.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Antje77 You will get sick of winegums real fast depending how many you have to eat! You can get really really sick of something when you have to keep eating them.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 You will get sick of winegums real fast depending how many you have to eat! You can get really really sick of something when you have to keep eating them.
Thanks for the heads up :p
All in all, I'll only have to compensate carbs for 2 slices of bread over 4 hours or so, so I guess that's doable. Currently 4 winegums in and at 5.2 and they still taste moreish so I expect I will be fine. Except for being grumpy about the missed opportunity for crisps of course, that won't go away before tomorrow, I fear.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

A lot of trouble at work today, broke a bowl and accidentally dripped sauce down a guest’s jacket and scarf - thankfully both are washable. Both Manager and supervisor are not too happy with me but they both don’t realise that no one on my team appreciates my help so I don’t interfere with their sections and stations. Which in their eyes makes it seem like I’m lazy.

Diabetes very good, I do feel like I’m slowing down when my BG hits 4-5mmol. But I was 4.8 this morning and I found it incredibly difficult to get out of bed. I had Gingster’s vegan vegetable pastry and it’s worth the 400kcal.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, hey ho BGs have been a bit roller coasterish especially yesterday evening - was low before tea/dinner/supper so delayed jab, was rising sharply come jab time, took dog for walk, dropped sharply, back home increased sharply - and stayed highish all night, back in range now.

Wifes birthday today so out for a meal tonight, looking forward to which mountain range I can recreate on the Libre.

What ever, I am full of cold so blaming that!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Morning all - nursing sick child here and trying to avoid the germs, bit difficult as all she wants is cuddles and kisses being ill !! Fighting high bg levels too so body is on the war path !! The joys of t1 and bugs eh..:banghead:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, hey ho BGs have been a bit roller coasterish especially yesterday evening - was low before tea/dinner/supper so delayed jab, was rising sharply come jab time, took dog for walk, dropped sharply, back home increased sharply - and stayed highish all night, back in range now.

Wifes birthday today so out for a meal tonight, looking forward to which mountain range I can recreate on the Libre.

What ever, I am full of cold so blaming that!
hope you and your wife enjoy meal x