Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, just catching up. Blanket hugs to those who could do with one ❤️❤️❤️

Nightshift in Newport on a fast response car tonight, really looking forward to it. I’ve just finished a run of three nights on the ambulance which involved spending most of the time waiting outside A&E to hand our patient over. Bloods have been pretty good, around 96% in range according to Dexcom. I’m finding it really accurate compared to Libre+MiaoMiao, an appreciate just how lucky I’m am to have it on the NHS. Combined with the Loop system, it’s enabling me to do this job without really thinking too much about diabetes.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I did apply for a few jobs, since it is the holiday period so I thought it’ll be a good time to apply for something else. She said yesterday that she isn’t a horrible manager compared to the other 35 managers at different sites. Because those who aren’t doing well should be getting less service charge than those who are doing well but we are all getting full service charge. I don’t think she is mean directly to people, but passive mean. It was quite uncalled for to put me in the centre of attention for doing something wrong yesterday. But I’ll do better tonight.

Diabetes stopped playing up at around 6:30 am this morning. I’m going to work on a 10.5, work will give it room to correct itself without me adding a correction.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@ert well done on recognising that you have to share, even if you are not quite there yet. Do you think you could write it down for them rather than have to verbally articulate it?

Reactions: Antje77 and Marie 2

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ert - Oh boy. That's a brave, brave post you've made there. I hope you can find a way to share with your team, soon, as I think your statement is a bit of a genie in the bottle.

Look after yourself. I imagine you might be feeling really quite emotional at the moment.

Reactions: Diakat

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The kittens are very brave and very lovely, and very funny too.

And I'm very tired of crying all the time in anticipation of having Old Dog put down next thursday. Struggling with the decision and doubting it. I could postpone for a bit, but I think it's better to say goodbye before things get really bad. My emotions don't seem to care about what I think. It makes me very tired.

Throw in the laughing and happiness that comes with 2 crazy kittens, plus the fact there is still the small possibility the owner of the kittens will show up, and imagine the ridiculous emotional roller-coaster I've boarded.

I want a break and I want half a family sized bag of crisps. I don't even mind that it would mess up my diabetes as a principle, but I'm sure I'll still be annoyed with it when it happens. Stupid, isn't it.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
The kittens are very brave and very lovely, and very funny too.

And I'm very tired of crying all the time in anticipation of having Old Dog put down next thursday. Struggling with the decision and doubting it. I could postpone for a bit, but I think it's better to say goodbye before things get really bad. My emotions don't seem to care about what I think. It makes me very tired.

Throw in the laughing and happiness that comes with 2 crazy kittens, plus the fact there is still the small possibility the owner of the kittens will show up, and imagine the ridiculous emotional roller-coaster I've boarded.

I want a break and I want half a family sized bag of crisps. I don't even mind that it would mess up my diabetes as a principle, but I'm sure I'll still be annoyed with it when it happens. Stupid, isn't it.

I'm really sorry to hear your sad news. Tomorrow is the first anniversary of losing my beloved labrador. I was the hardest thing, having to say goodbye to her. I've been watching old film footage of her tonight. I hope your Old Dog isn't suffering too much. You will know when the time is right.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm really sorry to hear your sad news. Tomorrow is the first anniversary of losing my beloved labrador. I was the hardest thing, having to say goodbye to her. I've been watching old film footage of her tonight. I hope your Old Dog isn't suffering too much. You will know when the time is right.
Watching that footage must've been sad and happy at the same time, have a hug from me.
Old Dog isn't suffering very much at the moment (or I would have drove off to the vet right now), but his brain is deteriorating fast now, his legs are wobbly but he forgets and jumps the last 6 steps from the stairs, ending in a belly landing daily. Almost blind and as good as deaf too. Can't remember where the front door is anymore.

Still, he sleeps snugly against me and usually reaches the garden in time when he needs to pee.

I think now is the best moment, before things turn really ugly.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
Diabetes was better tonight, safe sailing 5.0-6.5 during work and when I got home.
Work was okay tonight, guests all loved me and left me cash tips which I couldn’t keep. I will continue working hard to at least try and keep my job for a couple of months after Christmas so that buys me some time for another job interview or until I find another opportunity. Also to have some money saved up for university next year. But I have a hunch that manager doesn’t want me around much longer because she keeps walking around my section tonight like a hawk making sure I’m doing everything that she has bickered me about, and that I’m giving the guests everything they want. You might ask how do you know she hasn’t spied on other people’s section. Well she walks from the reception to my section and walks back. That’s all she has been doing tonight. So me keeping my job after Christmas might not happen, so I’ll prepare myself for the worst.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello friends,
Diabetes was better tonight, safe sailing 5.0-6.5 during work and when I got home.
Work was okay tonight, guests all loved me and left me cash tips which I couldn’t keep. I will continue working hard to at least try and keep my job for a couple of months after Christmas so that buys me some time for another job interview or until I find another opportunity. Also to have some money saved up for university next year. But I have a hunch that manager doesn’t want me around much longer because she keeps walking around my section tonight like a hawk making sure I’m doing everything that she has bickered me about, and that I’m giving the guests everything they want. You might ask how do you know she hasn’t spied on other people’s section. Well she walks from the reception to my section and walks back. That’s all she has been doing tonight. So me keeping my job after Christmas might not happen, so I’ll prepare myself for the worst.
@MeiChanski what happens to your tips? Sounds as though she is either at best micromanaging or, at worst, harassing you.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Reactions: Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Blimey it feels cold tonight - we both forgot to keep an eye on the fire which is now dead. I was busy ruining fingers and nails making a pomander ball and himindoors was cooking a stew. He crammed it with root veg, very seasonal, so expecting a bit of correcting later tonight.
Antje700, the kittens look too gorgeous to be true, so hope you get to keep them.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Blimey it feels cold tonight - we both forgot to keep an eye on the fire which is now dead. I was busy ruining fingers and nails making a pomander ball and himindoors was cooking a stew. He crammed it with root veg, very seasonal, so expecting a bit of correcting later tonight.
Antje700, the kittens look too gorgeous to be true, so hope you get to keep them.

Good morning FG :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=2ahUKEwiqvOX6wbfmAhUJEcAKHSa6D7kQFjABegQIDhAE&url=https://www.gov.uk/tips-at-work&usg=AOvVaw1qW7BwsZjtaKrj_AE7cwQS

I’ve been away for a while - the site seemed to be getting a little stressed and so I left to get some tranquil time.

@MeiChanski, has your manager explained the tips policy? Ask her?

Big hugs @Antje77

And hello again everyone.

Hi FG, a break from certain things can be a big help, so it's lovely to see you again x:)

Reactions: Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all!

I'd offer hugs all round but, as my work building is the latest recurring plague house, I am refraining from such activities. Still, we're nearly there for this term, for which I am most grateful. I seem to have survived, but with much to think about over the holidays when my making big decisions brain works better.

The current accidental experimental basal pattern seems to be a success, which has surprised me, but it has also slightly annoyed me as I was told firmly by the DSN when I started on insulin to do basal (Levemir) at bedtime and on getting up. Given I get up earlier than most people, and average 6/7 hours sleep (done that all my adult life) it had always been a 17 hour/7 hour split and I was invariably creeping up before bedtime. I did query this and wondered if I should go to a 12 hours split but was told it shouldn't matter...

First experiment after DAFNE had me on a 14 hour/10 hour split, and keeping the bedtime consistent, but I was prone to forgetting to do the morning basal when I got to work if chaos had already broken out. Now I'm doing a 12 hours split, when I get up and when I get home from work, it's definitely working better. As I suspected it would in the first place...

Meanwhile, off to make the most of the last weekend of term - traditionally devoted to doing as little as possible!

It's my last week of term too and I hope it will continue into next year, but it will be a wait and see.
Have good one :)

Reactions: Japes
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning guys, bloods good before bed, but at 12.2 when I awoke :rolleyes:
I had a lovely weekend, especially dinner out with daughter, her boyfriend and his parents and sister, lovely people and I had a Baileys coffee at the end, ( it was delicious :happy:) just to warm me up before going outside in the atrocious weather lol ;)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning Robinredbreast. I’ve known worse than a 12.2, was the Baileys worth it? There are three jars of plum brandy hiding at the back of the larder. I made them up when we had a surplus of plums summer before last and I’m stocking up the extra doses before I decant them