Weekly weigh in - Fridays

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
13-12-19
Today 47.2kg
Another loss, that makes me under 7and a half stone.
BMI 16.8 for those who understand it.

Anyway need to find a way to maintain tight control of BG which has helped a lot, with some of the symptoms, but also to maintain weight. Things (clothing) are slipping down.

Last edited:

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back upto 81kg - Been hovering around 80 - 81 KG for three weeks now. Although my waist measurement is still dropping steadily.

Think im hitting the point where me weight "loss" is being countered by increases muscle mass. I am a fairly stocky build so im starting to build up rather then drop down. Might be time to reduce the weight and increase the cardio a little!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
74.3 Kg so about the same as last I posted so maybe this is the weight I will be able to maintain and that's OK by me.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
On Friday I weighed 104.90kgs so very pleased. Still losing :) :) :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
13-12-19
Today 47.2kg
Another loss, that makes me under 7and a half stone.
BMI 16.8 for those who understand it.

Anyway need to find a way to maintain tight control of BG which has helped a lot, with some of the symptoms, but also to maintain weight. Things (clothing) are slipping down.
I'm sorry for your weight loss. You are working so hard not to lose. You deserve success. My Christmas wish is for you to be a much happier weight.... for you.
You will get there. Persistence always wins.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I didn't post last week but had just a small loss of 0.5lbs. Which made sense the next day as it was totm.

This morning I weighed 19st 11lbs and 5lbs down, feels really nice to be in the 19's :happy: I think it probably wasn't all this weeks loss but I was weighing heavier last week due to totm.

Thanks SlimLizzy, it's still a bit of a revelation for me tbh. I had very little weight loss with dieting in the past, so to be losing with lchf and have such a reduced appetite is still something I'm getting my head round.
ickihun - I can't even remember when I last weighed 16st something, probably 15+ years ago! I can't even imagine what that'll be like, clothes shopping will hopefully be a lot easier!
MrPeek13 - good luck and welcome :)
Thx @Rocklobster.
Yes I'm feeling hugely more comfortable in my own skin. I'm feeling the cold terribly though so double layed at the moment. Summer may be more pleasurable.

Reactions: Rocklobster

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thx @Rocklobster.
Yes I'm feeling hugely more comfortable in my own skin. I'm feeling the cold terribly though so double layed at the moment. Summer may be more pleasurable.
Know where are you are coming from about feeling the cold. Since the weather has changed I have been absolutely frozen, I have now taken to wearing 3 to 4 layers when I am out and about.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Back upto 81kg - Been hovering around 80 - 81 KG for three weeks now. Although my waist measurement is still dropping steadily.

Think im hitting the point where me weight "loss" is being countered by increases muscle mass. I am a fairly stocky build so im starting to build up rather then drop down. Might be time to reduce the weight and increase the cardio a little!
sounds good to me snp0opy if your waist size is going down thats excellent.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
On Friday I weighed 104.90kgs so very pleased. Still losing :) :) :)
So very pleased for you ickihun, after your static weeks must feel really good to be heading in the right direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
great that you are los

Sover

So very pleased for you ickihun, after your static week smust feel really good to be heading in the right direction.
I am delighted. I've never been able to lose weight. Just got heavier and heavier. My weight loss is due to less than 600cals and reduced injected insulin. I'm still on insulin but back on metformin. Metformin helps me lose weight, if I'm exercising or walking/swimming more. I'm convinced my liver is causing my diabetes.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
20-12-19
47.7 today
Realised that I tend to overeat in Thursday's, maybe because of weighing day approaching. Next week we will all most likely be eating differently to normal.
Have a happy Christmas everyone.

Rocklobster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last Friday was -2.5lbs
Today - 2.75lbs

SW: 22st 13.5lbs
CW: 19st 5.75lbs

Finding it hard to believe I might see the 18's fairly soon!

ickihun - I know what you mean about feeling the cold more and I still have a lot of padding. I was a little worried it's a sign that my metabolism has reduced but I'm not hungrier and I feel pretty good in general, so I think it's just less insulation. I obviously used it as an excuse to buy myself a new jumper or two!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
73.5 Kg this morning so have lost about half a Kg still in the range I'm hoping to maintain so happy with that.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Weighted myself this morning and I am just over the 55 kgs. Its taken a few weeks and I am still not quite there but who knows what the next few days will bring, oh yes Christmas and lots of food and fun....wonder if I'll be reporting an increase next week.
Have a good Christmas everyone. :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Last Friday was -2.5lbs
Today - 2.75lbs

SW: 22st 13.5lbs
CW: 19st 5.75lbs

Finding it hard to believe I might see the 18's fairly soon!

ickihun - I know what you mean about feeling the cold more and I still have a lot of padding. I was a little worried it's a sign that my metabolism has reduced but I'm not hungrier and I feel pretty good in general, so I think it's just less insulation. I obviously used it as an excuse to buy myself a new jumper or two!
Thats how I felt too. I'm in denial that I'm in 16s. I still see the 21st me in the mirror. My fat tummy hasn't changed but legs and face has. I see that. So I know change is happening. :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Know where are you are coming from about feeling the cold. Since the weather has changed I have been absolutely frozen, I have now taken to wearing 3 to 4 layers when I am out and about.
Am always in three or four layers, sometimes with my husband's fleece on top, but then large parts of the house are still unheated, including the kitchen. Lack of personal padding probably does come into it, but have always been slim and equally felt the cold more than many others.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I decided to weigh myself this morning. I'm now 104.10kgs. My personal goal is 99kgs. So getting closer and closer. :) :) :)
Who would hv thought me losing weight in December. A first for me!

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thats how I felt too. I'm in denial that I'm in 16s. I still see the 21st me in the mirror. My fat tummy hasn't changed but legs and face has. I see that. So I know change is happening. :)
That's what happened to me, lost weight on legs, arms, face first but kept the belly, then although I wasn't losing weight I started to change shape so presume I was losing visceral fat still got more of a belly than I would like but people keep remarking that look thin. Haven't yet reached the weight I used to be years ago so may be up for the adventure of trying for more weight loss. We will see...
Am always in three or four layers, sometimes with my husband's fleece on top, but then large parts of the house are still unheated, including the kitchen. Lack of personal padding probably does come into it, but have always been slim and equally felt the cold more than many others.
I don't have large parts anywhere in my house apart from the loft which yes you have guessed it is unheated (LoL)- May need to annex this space for my storage of additional woolies and tee shirts.

Last edited: