What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just wanted to share this, made me happy. Merry Christmas :)

Brilliant! Thank you for posting that. They look so happy and remind me of @dunelm 's posts about the Appalachian bluegrass music and @Muddy Cyclist 's ensembles. And musicians I have played with here in the city. Music really is the universal language. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

That is one of the perks of being 5'2" -- when I have dated 6'+ men my ear is right at the level of their hearts when we hug -- a loved one's heartbeat is such a comfort to hear and to feel.
I have spoken with Indians -- Native American Indians -- who have said similar things about the beat of their tribal drums.
Thank you for posting this. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 this sunny morning. I can see the McGarrett plains -- if I focus my telescope -- but doubt I will be playing ukelele on the beach beneath the coconut palms by Christmas.

The KittenCat is finally replete with three full breakfasts and has retired to her bathing platform (aka the bed) leaving me to enjoy my coffee while it's still hot.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They look so happy and remind me of
There's is something about performing music that does just what you have said... gives great joy and makes so many people happy. Our Jam sessions at home are looked forward to by everyone who comes, they are always asking when the next one is and we do have non musicians who also ask to come as they enjoy the noise, I say noise because we do murder a lot of tunes :joyful: . I need a larger house as the numbers keep growing 24 at our last session and the next in January is looking like even more.

Reactions: mojo37

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There's is something about performing music that does just what you have said... gives great joy and makes so many people happy. Our Jam sessions at home are looked forward to by everyone who comes, they are always asking when the next one is and we do have non musicians who also ask to come as they enjoy the noise, I say noise because we do murder a lot of tunes :joyful: . I need a larger house as the numbers keep growing 24 at our last session and the next in January is looking like even more.

:) That is good to "hear." ;)

Yesterday I ran into my former jamming partner and we spoke briefly about the possibility of jamming in one of the community rooms here over Christmas. Now I am REALLY wishing I had been keeping up my guitar playing, as my fingers and throat and lungs need to be in better shape to play for an hour.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm a fan of throat singing (I can manage a half-decent attempt) and the Mongolians are taking the world by storm at the moment. This is my favourite heavy metal version, the band is called The Hu, enjoy.

Thank you. That is amazing -- that you can do it, and because the only other time I have ever head of throat singing was on an episode of "Frasier," an old TV series here. :)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. Another disgraceful 6.5 with no obvious reason this time. In better news my A1c came back at 36 up 3 but still happy.
@Muddy Cyclist wishing you all well for getting MIL into the best care home and learning your piece for Friday. @ianpspurs that FBG defo not fair for so little carbing. You have to wonder if you should gradually increase. I try to average 20 to 30g a day but I dont scientifically measure anything. But then my fbgs are usually high, its a very long time since I have been in McGarrett country., so dont listen to me!
@dunelm you made me laugh re your menu for Christmas day, are you sure you have enough wine for the 3 of you! @HarryBeau yesterday sounded hectic hope today is more relaxing and the furbabies dont demolish anything. I’m off to the hairdressers this morning and catching up with an old friend later. Eye clinic tomorrow.
Terrible heavy rain forecast everywhere over next few days so hope and pray you will all be safe and dry. Stay well, stay safe.

Great stuff PM, who cares about a 6.5 when you have just banked a 36, well deserved.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It-s-3-AM-somewhere.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. Another disgraceful 6.5 with no obvious reason this time. In better news my A1c came back at 36 up 3 but still happy.
@Muddy Cyclist wishing you all well for getting MIL into the best care home and learning your piece for Friday. @ianpspurs that FBG defo not fair for so little carbing. You have to wonder if you should gradually increase. I try to average 20 to 30g a day but I dont scientifically measure anything. But then my fbgs are usually high, its a very long time since I have been in McGarrett country., so dont listen to me!
@dunelm you made me laugh re your menu for Christmas day, are you sure you have enough wine for the 3 of you! @HarryBeau yesterday sounded hectic hope today is more relaxing and the furbabies dont demolish anything. I’m off to the hairdressers this morning and catching up with an old friend later. Eye clinic tomorrow.
Terrible heavy rain forecast everywhere over next few days so hope and pray you will all be safe and dry. Stay well, stay safe.

I'm glad you are happy with your A1C -- that sounds like a great number to me. :) I hope you are enjoying the visit with your friend, and that all will go well and peacefully at the eye clinic tomorrow.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. That is amazing -- that you can do it, and because the only other time I have ever head of throat singing was on an episode of "Frasier," an old TV series here. :)

I liked Frasier, might have a rewatch over Christmas. My first wife (may the angels watch over me and keep me safe from that terror) was very like Lilith, and probably why she's an ex.

My father was a throat singer and it always amazed me. He did his best to teach me but would joke that the non-Tibetan part of my genes was trying to choke me ;) Thirty years on from that and I'm proficient enough.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6 month review was a crowded affair. Pharmacist, DN and a new Dr sitting in. They were all happy with my numbers - I wasn't. - :banghead::banghead: Asked if I wanted aa appointment with a dietician - laughed when I explained we might just annoy each other. and rolled eyes when I said we would disagree over the eatwell plate. They smiled knowingly when I said I felt it only right to decline any courses with plates of biscuits on offer as that seemed to be missing the point to me. First time pharmacist has been present - just when I am moving we join the C21st! All about 4.5 years late for me.
Corrected for @JohnEGreen
I pressed for funny because there is not a button for exasperation dressed up as Buster Keaton.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:) That is good to "hear." ;)

Yesterday I ran into my former jamming partner and we spoke briefly about the possibility of jamming in one of the community rooms here over Christmas. Now I am REALLY wishing I had been keeping up my guitar playing, as my fingers and throat and lungs need to be in better shape to play for an hour.
Just practise @SaskiaKC just practice.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morening all, sorry to report ab normal greetings are continuing, the joys of a heavily suppressed immune system.

A strange 6.3 this national bin day morning.

Well yesterday all my troubles seemed here to stay.
My new blood sugar meter packed up grrrrr and also my tablet died a death grrrrr grrrrr. Hence I spent most of yesterday fixing my meter and setting up my new ( old ) tablet, nearly there.

Enough of my tribulations enjoy today, get into trouble just because you can and two fingers to the world.

Footnote @ianpspurs what's wrong with a Welsh flag painted on my little finger nail?
Nothing wrong with a welsh flag on every finger nail :)