What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ple

ah thats beautiful and I am glad you have done it. Some of those decorations look very tempting to a curious feline :cat: Yesterday I heard a bauble being bopped so I went to investigate...Daisy under the tree gave me that look.

Thank you. I'm just picturing Daisy giving you that look from under the tree. ^. .^
I hope by now you are safe and snug back home, on the sofa with Bobs and Daisy, relieved and resting. :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope the injection went as well as last time. I keep popping in here to see if you are relaxing on the sofa yet.
We’ve had a LOT of rain, it’s stopped now and the upside is the most beautiful vibrant rainbow. I wish I could do it justice in a photo.
Thank you for being so kind. Just back, cup of tea to hand.under a rug on the sofa with Daisy spread out like another rug on top. Gerald is a prince among injectors, not to mention his Geraldines. He went to so much trouble with extra anaesthetic, reassurance, from the ladies, took his time, and finished with antibiotic drops which I havent had before because he said “you dont want any complications Christmas week”. I hope the three of them enjoy the box of choccie biscuits I left.

Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This did make me laugh. Yes I really think you’re right!
What is Dennis getting for Christmas...I’ll keep it a secret, honest. I think he could rock a Christmas jumper. Did you ever find the Barbour coat? Its that sort of weather atm. Cats dont like to dress up but do like to get punch drink on catnip toys.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done @SaskiaKC that will show em! I would still get your guitar out even though not taking to the road, playing music will Help calm your troubles away.

Would you believe I planned to play my guitar last night after I decorated the tree, and then just forgot?
... I can hardly believe it myself. I did print out 3 songs, in case we do decide to jam next week. Three favorites, "Silver Bells," "Infant Holy, Infant Lowly," and "Jesus Christ the Apple Tree."
A few nights ago I was down in the chapel here playing the piano and was pleasantly surprised at being joined by a neighbor whose name I don't know but who knows the words to "Silver Bells" and came in singing. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for being so kind. Just back, cup of tea to hand.under a rug on the sofa with Daisy spread out like another rug on top. Gerald is a prince among injectors, not to mention his Geraldines. He went to so much trouble with extra anaesthetic, reassurance, from the ladies, took his time, and finished with antibiotic drops which I havent had before because he said “you dont want any complications Christmas week”. I hope the three of them enjoy the box of choccie biscuits I left.

This is wonderful news. And I know they are enjoying those biscuits. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've cheated MC bought the drawstring bags with ribbon...Sellotape & me are not suited too much hassle...I can never find the end & too many expletives uttered this time of the year is not good...so there a confession.

I was looking for drawstring bags this year and couldn't find any. I think that right after New Year's I will go online and look for some to order in the after-Christmas sales, for next year.

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was looking for drawstring bags this year and couldn't find any. I think that right after New Year's I will go online and look for some to order in the after-Christmas sales, for next year.
I got mine from Amazon QVC also do them but you have a point no doubt they will be on sale after the holidays

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What is Dennis getting for Christmas...I’ll keep it a secret, honest. I think he could rock a Christmas jumper. Did you ever find the Barbour coat? Its that sort of weather atm. Cats dont like to dress up but do like to get punch drink on catnip toys.
Aldi' s are selling a Barbour type coat

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope the three of them enjoy the box of choccie biscuits I left.
Great news you got the Gerald Crew for your eye injections PM...they will love the biscuits you left they will always hear about the bad things that happen but often are not recognised for the good work they do...that will be appreciated by the whole team...Charlie & Lola brought the staff at Wood Green some chocolates a large selection of biscuits & their foster mum got some hand cream...poor woman had such a hard job to do we felt she needed some recognition...that was a lovely thing to do...pleased you're home & resting.

Reactions: mojo37

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought a bird feeder yesterday and hung it on the little ornamental cherry tree outside the dining room. I forgot that Dennis barks at birds ( a lot), I’m going to have to move it, we all have headaches!

ETa brilliant photos by the way, what a place.
We had a lovely wooden bird feeder which Archie decided would be great fun to knock over so he could eat all the bird seed. Wherever we put the bird seed Archie would find it and eat it.

Reactions: DJC3

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Great news that Gerald did the injections. He definitely is a Prince among injectors and leaving them a box of chocolate was a lovely thoughtful thing to do.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 4.8 this morning

out to the 'big shed' again for the morning todayt to get some tidying done, then over to mum's on the way home for a 'cuppa' :)

Back home again and mr gee headed straight for the shower, we got pretty grubby cleaning the shelves in our corner of the shed :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad it went well @PenguinMum
It was good he finished with antibiotic drops. Very reassuring.
The choccie biccies was a lovely guesture.

Take care. Rest. Enjoy another cuppa.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Spotted in the road near the little town I want to move to. Santa Claus has been texted; hopefully he and this guy will find each other before next Tuesday!

safe_image.php

Reactions: mojo37

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 @SaskiaKC @HarryBeau @Krystyna23040 @gennepher and anyone else I’ve overlooked thank you ALL for your good wishes and support today. I do dread these injections whilst being grateful for them. This thread at its most supportive!

Just woken up from a little nap as has my furry companion.
Anyone heard if @trick60 has been let loose for Christmas yet?

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone heard if @trick60 has been let loose for Christmas yet?
Oh yes, I'm as loose as a moose aboot this hoose.
Glad your eye injection went well PM.
We had a great game of hide and seek at work today, 18 hairy sparkies hiding around the job phoning each other to report where the foreman was, he gave up at 11.30 and went home, we followed at 11.35, not a stroke done all day by anyone. Well he can't sack us all can he. Solidarnos brothers.
Now there was a sparky.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh yes, I'm as loose as a moose aboot this hoose.
Glad your eye injection went well PM.
We had a great game of hide and seek at work today, 18 hairy sparkies hiding around the job phoning each other to report where the foreman was, he gave up at 11.30 and went home, we followed at 11.35, not a stroke done all day by anyone. Well he can't sack us all can he. Solidarnos brothers.
Now there was a sparky.

Merry Christmas!

Leaving work
0622-moose.jpg

Home in time for tea

0688168867592782e9da8d0ddf28d317.jpg