What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wide awake since 3am... Still in bed TRYING to get some zzz time..
Mind whirring over all the things to do here and when away..Might just give
it up and just get up in a bit. :rolleyes:

a busy day today, I so wanted a good night's rest.. Oh well.

Cemetery, haircut, shoes.. Seeing our Steph..
And then finish all the packing for flight on Tuesday am.

So planning went really well...:hilarious:

Best wishes @ianpspurs for Julie's procedure.
Hope all goes as well as possible.

A merry Christmas to one and all.
Thank you all so much for the help, guidance, laughs, comeraderie and just plain being there for the whole year..HIGH FIVE TO ALL.

Hoping you enjoy whatever you have planned and have a Happy New Year.

Spent 3 weeks recently working and listening to (aka ENDURED :D ) all sorts of music, from Nigerian rap to chill out techno. :woot: :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

But by far my favourite was this.. Pretty appropriate for the time of year too..

With much love to all those we'll miss at the dinner table this year...never really lost when we remember them..xxx

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up approximately an hour or so no FBG yet kitten duties first (yes even before coffee)...listening to an horrific story on the fires in Australia Lord we have little to complain about...expecting a visit from 'Plumpy' today must be ready to put kits in their room...the fist meeting didn't go well Lola spat at Harry then gave him a quick swipe with her claws...so all ready for his arrival...coffee next...then another might do a test then...hope all your plans bear fruit today for those travelling travel safely...friends expected this evening for dinner & presents...will I open mine YES of course I will...take care out there.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up approximately an hour or so no FBG yet kitten duties first (yes even before coffee)...listening to an horrific story on the fires in Australia Lord we have little to complain about...expecting a visit from 'Plumpy' today must be ready to put kits in their room...the fist meeting didn't go well Lola spat at Harry then gave him a quick swipe with her claws...so all ready for his arrival...coffee next...then another might do a test then...hope all your plans bear fruit today for those travelling travel safely...friends expected this evening for dinner & presents...will I open mine YES of course I will...take care out there.
Winner for the whole feel of 'Back to normal' that all had about it.

So agree about the fires.. Absolutely awful.
So blessed here with the more temperate.
weather

Hope all goes well and at some point the cats and plumply become BFF
(as I'm told the kids say ).

Beautiful start to the cats new forever home.
Merry Christmas, #lola,Charlie, plumpy,harrybeau.xxx

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 37355

Merry Christmas to all!

No, we don’t have snow today!
I took this photo in the last snowfall we had!

Here's to them that like us -
Them that think us swell -
And here's tae them that hate us -
Let's pray for them as well!

If I have not wished it to you before then have a wonderful Christmas and a most excellent year in 2020.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 6.1 on the dice, T2 check up day today, not looking forward to it but just want to get it out of the way. Hope Julies procedure goes well Ian, my wifes going through similar stuff at the moment, apparently they are going to send "equipment" for her to use, when I asked what that was she replied "you don't want to know".
Great news on the nephew @jjraak at home is where the proper healing begins. Fingers crossed for Plumpy today it would be great if they became friends.
Hugs to all, be nice out there you never know who's watching ho ho ho.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Business part: Fbg shown as 5.7. Human part: Thank you so much on behalf of Julie for the good wishes. @Muddy Cyclist hope tpday goes smoothly for MIL, Mrs M C and yourself. The meal yesterday? was clearly a perfectly timed release valve so ignore whatever fbg today brings. @dunelm your Ultravox post is an instant classic of the genre - nicely understated. @jjraak chill pill time and enjoy the break. Pretentious part: So, 3 sets of promises laid out before me over the past month or so and all tested to some extent. LC flatters to deceive despite the meter lying. Johnson ignores everything he promised on the campaign trail and delivers a spine chilling Qiueen's Speech. Most audacious promise of all is the one that has the guarantee - O Emmanuel today. Time for me to shamelessly retreat into the safe place of my family - absolutely love Psalm 128 especially v 2 and 3. Have a great day.
Edit: @trick60 posts crossed. Best wishes for today and your wife and thank you so much on Julie's behalf.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke to a 5.1 this morning. Like many of you here my mind is buzzing with ‘things to do’ I have a lot of lists.
@Muddy Cyclist what an amazing bg result after your slap up lunch, there’s no fathoming it but I’m very pleased for you, hope today goes well and Mil settles.
@ianpspurs sending good wishes to your neck of the woods for Julie today.
@trick60 hope your check up goes well. Is it for HbA1c or foot or retinopathy? Best wishes to your wife too for whatever horrible stuff she is enduring at present.
@jjraak I’ve missed a bit somehow - are you jetting off for Christmas? Where to?
@HarryBeau I hope your little brood learn to play nice. I’m sure C@L will learn to love him. Who couldn’t adore that gorgeous wrinkled face?

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 6 for me today.

Lots to do today so it's a good job the days are getting longer.

@ianpspurs you and Julie are both in my thoughts today, hope all goes well.

Watch out for low flying reindeer my youngest granddaughter assures me they are doing practice runs.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope your little brood learn to play nice. I’m sure C@L will learn to love him. Who couldn’t adore that gorgeous wrinkled face?
He is such a sweetie DJC but Harry is full on nothing less so he took little Lola by surprise...it went smoothly this morning...kits lured up to their room with full bellies...I got upstairs & rattled the treats tin...Harry dispatched to the garden with one of his favourite chew bones...he's been out there for almost 15 minutes with it...so I got a chance for another coffee...so far so good...have a lovely time with Dennis his first Christmas how exciting.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
He is such a sweetie DJC but Harry is full nothing less so he took little Lola by surprise...it went smoothly this morning...kits lured up to their room with full bellies...I got upstairs & rattled the treats tin...Harry dispatched to the garden with one of his favourite chew bones...he's been out there for almost 15 minutes with it...so I got a chance for another coffee...so far so good...have a lovely time with Dennis his first Christmas how exciting.

Sounds nice and peaceful now, good forward planning, especially fitting in the essential coffee. Hope your first Christmas goes well too, a little ( or a lot) of chaos is expected but that just adds to the fun I think.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
23-12-19
6.9 this morning
Not sure what I am supposed to do about it. So had usual 2x CWC and nut granola. Feeling a bit sick, probably stress related so didn't have any more food. BG after 2 hours 6.8
Now thinking probably should not have had anything.
Answers please.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke to a 5.1 this morning. Like many of you here my mind is buzzing with ‘things to do’ I have a lot of lists.
@Muddy Cyclist what an amazing bg result after your slap up lunch, there’s no fathoming it but I’m very pleased for you, hope today goes well and Mil settles.
@ianpspurs sending good wishes to your neck of the woods for Julie today.
@trick60 hope your check up goes well. Is it for HbA1c or foot or retinopathy? Best wishes to your wife too for whatever horrible stuff she is enduring at present.
@jjraak I’ve missed a bit somehow - are you jetting off for Christmas? Where to?
@HarryBeau I hope your little brood learn to play nice. I’m sure C@L will learn to love him. Who couldn’t adore that gorgeous wrinkled face?

yep..got made redundant..so spent time considering a longer break in india, missus decides not this year and maybe not next..so i plan for a normal April hols..and see how her job pans out next year before going all hippie and leaving the rat race for a few months...

UNTIL..she tells me shes booked Vietnam for xmas weeks..BOOKED :woot:...and then we spoke about it.:rolleyes:.:hilarious:

so all in all ..as a Christmas Grinch, was happy to miss it ..
Not so sure now with nephew etc, but all in play so no point looking at what if..looking forward to it immensity.

a bit stressy over visa..its Phu quoc, an island just of the coast & special area (free visa on arrival, but can't leave island) .so missus MIGHT get a visa to let her visit mainland (perk of being a brit..:D)
OR she might be given visa that means we MUST stay on island.

i got a visa (Irish passport) that SAYS i can go mainland, but some say they ignore it and stamp you as NO exit until flying home..so the arrivals hall moment should be interesting..:wideyed:

Saigon (ho chi Minh city) on my bucket list, ( read far too much about the history of vietnam, the french war of independence and the Americans war after) so mainland would have been better BUT as we are SO SO close the flight over is on the TO DO list...so will be disappointed if we can't get over due to clerical errors.

A merry Christmas to one and all at #Chez /Dennis/DJC/mrDjc and brood..xx

Reactions: DJC3 and mojo37

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening......nearly there, just a lingering cough.

A very naughty and bad night, I ate it and hence an 8.4, but still below 10 phew.

Hugs to all those who need them and those that will need them to get through the trials and tribulations of this coming week.
Well folks national bin is almost upon us, a high point of the week.
Have a great week folks enjoy the high jacked pagan celebration it was stolen by the Romans as I am led to believe.
Above all else have a great time all.
Must go protein to catch and prepare. Hehehehe

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mornng All. 5.2 for me today.
@ianpspurs sending best wishes to Julie and you today. @Muddy Cyclist you really needed that convivial meal yesterday so glad for you and good luck to you all today. Hope MIL settles well. @HarryBeau glad the second meeting went well, they just need to get used to each other I imagine. @jjraak safe travels, hope you get to visit all the places on your list. @DJC3 you are the Santa Claus of Christmas dinners, best wishes to you and yours. @gennepher thanks for your lovely snow card. @SaskiaKC hope you and the KC are feeling peaceful and relaxed. @trick60 good luck for the test and best wishes to Mrs Trick.
I will be sticking around but if I dont catch you A VERY HAPPY AND PEACEFUL CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL and THANK YOU for your incredible support this year.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
glad the second meeting went well, they just need to get used to each other I imagine
The kits are upstairs in their room playing furiously ( I can hear them downstairs) with their toys too many to list...Harry is still in the garden with his (large) chewy bone he won't come in until he's finished as he's food obsessed...meanwhile I get to have another coffee & sort my hair out...those silver threads have to go...have a lovely time PM.

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
23-12-19
6.9 this morning
Not sure what I am supposed to do about it. So had usual 2x CWC and nut granola. Feeling a bit sick, probably stress related so didn't have any more food. BG after 2 hours 6.8
Now thinking probably should not have had anything.
Answers please.
A 6.9 for me too but mine was due to partaking in a chinese takeaway . It hard to work out why our readings are higher than normal but stress does affect the numbers .

Reactions: HarryBeau