What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wide awake since 3am... Still in bed TRYING to get some zzz time..
Mind whirring over all the things to do here and when away..Might just give
it up and just get up in a bit. :rolleyes:

a busy day today, I so wanted a good night's rest.. Oh well.

Cemetery, haircut, shoes.. Seeing our Steph..
And then finish all the packing for flight on Tuesday am.

So planning went really well...:hilarious:

Best wishes @ianpspurs for Julie's procedure.
Hope all goes as well as possible.

A merry Christmas to one and all.
Thank you all so much for the help, guidance, laughs, comeraderie and just plain being there for the whole year..HIGH FIVE TO ALL.

Hoping you enjoy whatever you have planned and have a Happy New Year.

Spent 3 weeks recently working and listening to (aka ENDURED :D ) all sorts of music, from Nigerian rap to chill out techno. :woot: :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

But by far my favourite was this.. Pretty appropriate for the time of year too..

With much love to all those we'll miss at the dinner table this year...never really lost when we remember them..xxx

Love Maroon 5, this song is very apt for the time of year. Have a wonderful well deserved holiday. Looking forward to seeing lovely pics if you get chance.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 6 for me today.

Lots to do today so it's a good job the days are getting longer.

@ianpspurs you and Julie are both in my thoughts today, hope all goes well.

Watch out for low flying reindeer my youngest granddaughter assures me they are doing practice runs.
Nice one. You got away with it :)

Reactions: SaskiaKC

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This caused me to think on reading https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/23/periodofreflection-social-media and that part of your post struck me having read this the modern ubiquity of coffee, by contrast, highlights the fact that the most acceptable thing to be is uptight and hyperactive. That and texting with thumbs struck me forcibly and yet I am on here which is social media for the middle aged, middle classes. Touche.

Not sure I agree with that, if I’ve understood it properly. For me one of the most treasured and ‘reflective’ times of the day is my first coffee - taken back to bed before anyone else ( including Dennis) is up and about.
Maybe I’m an anomaly as I don’t use thumbs to text either - never got the hang of it. Perhaps I should drink more coffee?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today

Bobbing to put up my leaflet confirming my next pt to pt support session. Access to 5 surgeries now so I'm very happy.

Yesterday i read about a wonderful Chinese artist. Cai Guo Qiang who did this firework display 'the sky ladder ' for his 100 year old grandmother. She was too poorly to see it from where it happened but managed to watch it on a mobile phone! Is technology wonderful. She died 1 month later.

Anyway I could do with these ladders. I used to pick my dear mum up around this time. She moved in with us for Christmas and New Year. She lost my dad when he was only 54 (suddenly) and always came to me and Eric from when we got married more or less. Missed every day but especially so at this time of year.

And some fantastic news to finish off my post. Choice is coming. And not before time.

https://twitter.com/lowcarbGP/status/1208654561185091584?s=09

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191223-083235_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20191223-083235_Twitter.jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yep..got made redundant..so spent time considering a longer break in india, missus decides not this year and maybe not next..so i plan for a normal April hols..and see how her job pans out next year before going all hippie and leaving the rat race for a few months...

UNTIL..she tells me shes booked Vietnam for xmas weeks..BOOKED :woot:...and then we spoke about it.:rolleyes:.:hilarious:

so all in all ..as a Christmas Grinch, was happy to miss it ..
Not so sure now with nephew etc, but all in play so no point looking at what if..looking forward to it immensity.

a bit stressy over visa..its Phu quoc, an island just of the coast & special area (free visa on arrival, but can't leave island) .so missus MIGHT get a visa to let her visit mainland (perk of being a brit..:D)
OR she might be given visa that means we MUST stay on island.

i got a visa (Irish passport) that SAYS i can go mainland, but some say they ignore it and stamp you as NO exit until flying home..so the arrivals hall moment should be interesting..:wideyed:

Saigon (ho chi Minh city) on my bucket list, ( read far too much about the history of vietnam, the french war of independence and the Americans war after) so mainland would have been better BUT as we are SO SO close the flight over is on the TO DO list...so will be disappointed if we can't get over due to clerical errors.

A merry Christmas to one and all at #Chez /Dennis/DJC/mrDjc and brood..xx

Well apart from enforced redundancy ( which I do remember you posting about) that all sounds wonderfully exciting and will be a perfect end to what has been a very worrying year for you. Have a fabulous time letting your hair down. I hope you manage the trip to the mainland, like you say - so much history to explore.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice one. You got away with it :)

mmhh..
for now @Debandez

i think like i said earlier the body likes it's own way too much,..
it's pretty much the Darth Vader TO our obi wan ken-obi of our rebellious WOE..( or Princess Leia in your case ;))
using our LC Light sabres to cut the Evil BG Empire down to size

did hear rumours the empire was in the process of building a second death Star..the Death Donut..but it might just be rumours..)

sad to say @Muddy Cyclist ..but i'd watch the reading over the next few days to see it the Empire strike back in some way.

Oh and agree the joy of the evening far outweighs the momentary slip, all things considered.
best wishes for the move and MiL today.

hope she can settle peacefully enough and your reassured by the care.
never a nice moment, BUT like the first day at school it has to be done.
So hope all goes well..

And @trick60 ..same for you hope your check up and wife's procedure are both well within normal ranges.

merry Christmas to all your families,
wishing the best of the New years good Fortune.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 today

Bobbing to put up my leaflet confirming my next pt to pt support session. Access to 5 surgeries now so I'm very happy.

Yesterday i read about a wonderful Chinese artist. Cai Guo Qiang who did this firework display 'the sky ladder ' for his 100 year old grandmother. She was too poorly to see it from where it happened but managed to watch it on a mobile phone! Is technology wonderful. She died 1 month later.

Anyway I could do with these ladders. I used to pick my dear mum up around this time. She moved in with us for Christmas and New Year. She lost my dad when he was only 54 (suddenly) and always came to me and Eric from when we got married more or less. Missed every day but especially so at this time of year.

And some fantastic news to finish off my post. Choice is coming. And not before time.

WOW..AWESOME Display..they must cost a fortune to do so much.

this song popped into my head while watching that..

Big up for the Ladder..and room for one more on that trip..?

great news on the ADA..lets hope we get it here as well, so we can start all being honest and see what IS actually making the most impact..:)

Merry Chrimbo mate.
love to Eric..:)
Happy New Year..:D

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
mmhh..
for now @Debandez

i think like i said earlier the body likes it's own way too much,..
it's pretty much the Darth Vader TO our obi wan ken-obi of our rebellious WOE..( or Princess Leia in your case ;))
using our LC Light sabres to cut the Evil BG Empire down to size

did hear rumours the empire was in the process of building a second death Star..the Death Donut..but it might just be rumours..)

sad to say @Muddy Cyclist ..but i'd watch the reading over the next few days to see it the Empire strike back in some way.

Oh and agree the joy of the evening far outweighs the momentary slip, all things considered.
best wishes for the move and MiL today.

hope she can settle peacefully enough and your reassured by the care.
never a nice moment, BUT like the first day at school it has to be done.
So hope all goes well..

And @trick60 ..same for you hope your check up and wife's procedure are both well within normal ranges.

merry Christmas to all your families,
wishing the best of the New years good Fortune.
A CGM is like a crystal ball. It tells all. The whole story. No holds barred. I do think ignorance is bliss (a lot to be said for just finger pricking) but I am just addicted to wearing CGM at the moment. Asked Santa for 2 more!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

5.0 this morning

Perhaps I mostly got away with the 2 roasties,( @Debandez yes, they were very good ;) ), also perhaps not having eaten any tea/supper, who knows and I'm not going to sweat it.

I have noticed my fasting bg has tended to average slightly higher since I have been maintaining my weight after losing such a lot of weight when I started LCHF. BMI is still around 26 -27 but that's another thing I'm not going to sweat ;)

Thank you for your ongoing support everyone, this thread is such a friendly place :)

Have to start going through the house today to make it as Katy proof as possible :hilarious:
We usually have mum down for Christmas day so of course Katy will come too ;)

By request mr gee and mum are having tiramisu for Christmas day pudding so I'm pondering something in a similar style for myself with a bit of a Christmas twist.

Currently I'm thinking of almond LC sponge with some citrussy spiced cranberry compote topped with a tiramisu style creamy topping flavoured with brandy and orange, sweetened with erythritol and truvia. I suppose it would be a sort of tiramisu/trifle hybrid :D

Sound good do you think? :)

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

@ianpspurs hope the day goes as smoothly as possible for Julie and yourself

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to see you today and note the positive tone of post. Christmas idea sounds good for you and I just know it will be a triumph. More of the don't sweat the small stuff next year young lady
1st time I have posted using my phone!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 today

What a lovely video! Thank you for posting that, and the story behind it. An added bonus for me was the attached link to a video of a steam locomotive. My father loved steam locomotives and the video of this one gave me some good, if poignant, memories.

7.8 this morning.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a optimistic for my BG and MILs settling into home, but you also need an agree and winner as I go along with your take on all this BG action. Enjoy your holiday, bet you don't manage to escape Christmas. :joyful:

I play a mean "Stairway to Heaven" on my acoustic guitar accompanied by Mrs MC on her flute, that's until it gets to the heavy electric guitar solo which I have never managed to master. :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure I agree with that, if I’ve understood it properly. For me one of the most treasured and ‘reflective’ times of the day is my first coffee - taken back to bed before anyone else ( including Dennis) is up and about.
Maybe I’m an anomaly as I don’t use thumbs to text either - never got the hang of it. Perhaps I should drink more coffee?
Think your quiet, contemplative time is perfect. As I understand it, he was implying the Urban Myth of coffee making folks hyperactive which, of course, fits the other meme "pace of modern life" ™. Your coffee time is other folks mindfulness/meditation or prayer. Coffee drinking has become a symbol of the Millenials/elite flakiness and is, allegedly, intrinsically linked with remoaner doom and gloom. As opposed to tea, beer, fags and carbs which was prescribed in the less well known Farage version of the book of Genesis. This version will probably be made compulsory in UK schools next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3