1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Alien Aspie, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Love Maroon 5, this song is very apt for the time of year. Have a wonderful well deserved holiday. Looking forward to seeing lovely pics if you get chance.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #14641 Debandez, Dec 23, 2019 at 8:56 AM
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  2. mojo37

mojo37 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

An unsurprising 6.9 re takeaway ...last day off back to work tomorrow though have got christmas day off this year so all good:)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 6
  3. Debandez

Nice one. You got away with it :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Not sure I agree with that, if I’ve understood it properly. For me one of the most treasured and ‘reflective’ times of the day is my first coffee - taken back to bed before anyone else ( including Dennis) is up and about.
    Maybe I’m an anomaly as I don’t use thumbs to text either - never got the hang of it. Perhaps I should drink more coffee?

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Debandez

5.7 today

Bobbing to put up my leaflet confirming my next pt to pt support session. Access to 5 surgeries now so I'm very happy.

Yesterday i read about a wonderful Chinese artist. Cai Guo Qiang who did this firework display 'the sky ladder ' for his 100 year old grandmother. She was too poorly to see it from where it happened but managed to watch it on a mobile phone! Is technology wonderful. She died 1 month later.

Anyway I could do with these ladders. I used to pick my dear mum up around this time. She moved in with us for Christmas and New Year. She lost my dad when he was only 54 (suddenly) and always came to me and Eric from when we got married more or less. Missed every day but especially so at this time of year.

And some fantastic news to finish off my post. Choice is coming. And not before time.

https://twitter.com/lowcarbGP/status/1208654561185091584?s=09

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Well apart from enforced redundancy ( which I do remember you posting about) that all sounds wonderfully exciting and will be a perfect end to what has been a very worrying year for you. Have a fabulous time letting your hair down. I hope you manage the trip to the mainland, like you say - so much history to explore.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

mmhh..
    for now @Debandez

i think like i said earlier the body likes it's own way too much,..
    it's pretty much the Darth Vader TO our obi wan ken-obi of our rebellious WOE..( or Princess Leia in your case ;))
    using our LC Light sabres to cut the Evil BG Empire down to size

did hear rumours the empire was in the process of building a second death Star..the Death Donut..but it might just be rumours..)

sad to say @Muddy Cyclist ..but i'd watch the reading over the next few days to see it the Empire strike back in some way.

Oh and agree the joy of the evening far outweighs the momentary slip, all things considered.
    best wishes for the move and MiL today.

hope she can settle peacefully enough and your reassured by the care.
    never a nice moment, BUT like the first day at school it has to be done.
    So hope all goes well..

And @trick60 ..same for you hope your check up and wife's procedure are both well within normal ranges.

merry Christmas to all your families,
    wishing the best of the New years good Fortune.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

You too PM, especially you in fact as you are one of the most supportive people. Have a wonderful time with your gang.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

WOW..AWESOME Display..they must cost a fortune to do so much.

this song popped into my head while watching that..

Big up for the Ladder..and room for one more on that trip..?

great news on the ADA..lets hope we get it here as well, so we can start all being honest and see what IS actually making the most impact..:)

Merry Chrimbo mate.
    love to Eric..:)
    Happy New Year..:D

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

4.8 this morning. A lovely sunny morning. Relaxing with a coffee - feeling so lazy so will just relax for a bit.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Debandez

A CGM is like a crystal ball. It tells all. The whole story. No holds barred. I do think ignorance is bliss (a lot to be said for just finger pricking) but I am just addicted to wearing CGM at the moment. Asked Santa for 2 more!

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. geefull

geefull Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

good morning all :)

5.0 this morning

Perhaps I mostly got away with the 2 roasties,( @Debandez yes, they were very good ;) ), also perhaps not having eaten any tea/supper, who knows and I'm not going to sweat it.

I have noticed my fasting bg has tended to average slightly higher since I have been maintaining my weight after losing such a lot of weight when I started LCHF. BMI is still around 26 -27 but that's another thing I'm not going to sweat ;)

Thank you for your ongoing support everyone, this thread is such a friendly place :)

Have to start going through the house today to make it as Katy proof as possible :hilarious:
    We usually have mum down for Christmas day so of course Katy will come too ;)

By request mr gee and mum are having tiramisu for Christmas day pudding so I'm pondering something in a similar style for myself with a bit of a Christmas twist.

Currently I'm thinking of almond LC sponge with some citrussy spiced cranberry compote topped with a tiramisu style creamy topping flavoured with brandy and orange, sweetened with erythritol and truvia. I suppose it would be a sort of tiramisu/trifle hybrid :D

Sound good do you think? :)

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

@ianpspurs hope the day goes as smoothly as possible for Julie and yourself

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    #14652 geefull, Dec 23, 2019 at 10:44 AM
  13. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Good to see you today and note the positive tone of post. Christmas idea sounds good for you and I just know it will be a triumph. More of the don't sweat the small stuff next year young lady
    1st time I have posted using my phone!

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

6.8 for me yesterday 7.1 today have a great day everyone :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
  15. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

What a lovely video! Thank you for posting that, and the story behind it. An added bonus for me was the attached link to a video of a steam locomotive. My father loved steam locomotives and the video of this one gave me some good, if poignant, memories.

7.8 this morning.

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  16. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Amazingly! But who knows what went on in between readings? :)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have a optimistic for my BG and MILs settling into home, but you also need an agree and winner as I go along with your take on all this BG action. Enjoy your holiday, bet you don't manage to escape Christmas. :joyful:

I play a mean "Stairway to Heaven" on my acoustic guitar accompanied by Mrs MC on her flute, that's until it gets to the heavy electric guitar solo which I have never managed to master. :)

• Friendly x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  18. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Think your quiet, contemplative time is perfect. As I understand it, he was implying the Urban Myth of coffee making folks hyperactive which, of course, fits the other meme "pace of modern life" ™. Your coffee time is other folks mindfulness/meditation or prayer. Coffee drinking has become a symbol of the Millenials/elite flakiness and is, allegedly, intrinsically linked with remoaner doom and gloom. As opposed to tea, beer, fags and carbs which was prescribed in the less well known Farage version of the book of Genesis. This version will probably be made compulsory in UK schools next year.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    #14658 ianpspurs, Dec 23, 2019 at 2:21 PM
  19. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  20. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

FB_IMG_1577115182852.jpg

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook