What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Charlie and Lola have grown! They look so happy, and so obviously in charge of all they survey
Spot on Saskia they have doubled in size & everything revolves around their routine...I'm waiting for that 'grown up' period when all they want to do is sleep relax & have cuddles...some way off yet...but I love watching them even they are climbing the curtains!

Reactions: SaskiaKC

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Many thanks to all who have sent me good wishes
Hope all goes well DJC it makes such a difference when you have continuity...your consultant sounds wonderful if only they were all like that.

Reactions: DJC3

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning... up early this morning just before 6am very tempted to go back to bed...lounged around for a couple of hours playing with the kittens with the TV on...watched a fascinating programme on Shire horses just such beautiful creatures...absolutely starving so a cooked breakfast...I have been slightly more controlled the last week or so I think it's working woke to a 5.7

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.5 this cold and breezy. Annual review today -should be fun
Excel spreadsheets printing as I type!
No change in my hba1c since my last review but lots of experimenting and research. Testing of what happens when and if. Lots of nice stats and graphs to pontificate over.
I’m not sure if anyone has enthused about the wonders of an instant pot abd tge varies of meal prep for those with diabetes but wow. I’m so impressed.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back in bed with cat now. I had a disturbed night's sleep, so I don't feel in the best of moods. Feel dissatisfied with stuff this morning. You know the way you get a sadness descend for no apparent reason? Got to get rid of this feeling. So going to have a nap, and I will wake up bright and cheery.
Sympathise with you @gennepher over the way you are feeling, I know those moods and how they can become a downward spiral. Please accept a Winner Rating though for your positive attitude to get over it. Whilst I can understand how you feel about your art today you shouldn't, it's a very accomplished piece even though it's not met your expectations, well done.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m not sure if anyone has enthused about the wonders of an instant pot abd tge varies of meal prep for those with diabetes but wow. I’m so impressed.
Great fbg and hope the review goes well. You should head over to the What have you eaten today thread which is actually the society for how the instant pot does everything from enabling human life on Mars through abolishing the common cold to Millenials getting on the property ladder. :angelic:

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Clearing out my photo albums on my phone...came across this one...to cute not to share...

Harry latest.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great fbg and hope the review goes well. You should head over to the What have you eaten today thread which is actually the society for how the instant pot does everything from enabling human life on Mars through abolishing the common cold to Millenials getting on the property ladder. :angelic:

Link, please? :)

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to post fbs - it was 5.6.
Really hectic week - first week back after Christmas Vacation, but having my supersonic broadband has been brilliant as I am racing through my admin this morning.
Am really hungry today - no idea why.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to post fbs - it was 5.6.
Really hectic week - first week back after Christmas Vacation, but having my supersonic broadband has been brilliant as I am racing through my admin this morning.
Am really hungry today - no idea why.
The supersonic broadband has speeded up your metabolism via t'internet, obs:angelic:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak Welcome back! I'm glad you and Lauren of Arabia got home, I hope you get some rest. Thank goodness your fall wasn't any worse than it was!

@gennepher thank you for posting your lovely painting. I was interested to learn that you don't eat vegetables, because I have just about quit eating them. I keep thinking I should eat more of them, but my tum does not agree, and they tend to turn #2s into 3s, and 4s and ... !!!
I will try to draw you a horse but I'm afraid you will be disappointed ...
5.5 this cold and breezy. Annual review today -should be fun
Excel spreadsheets printing as I type!
No change in my hba1c since my last review but lots of experimenting and research. Testing of what happens when and if. Lots of nice stats and graphs to pontificate over.

I hope it goes well. :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I think that your diet does qualify as low fibre.

My diet actually is quite similar and it is only the 15g of inulin and the 20g of flaxseeds that bump my fibre up - and thats not every day.

I definitely wouldn't have perfect number 2s and the nurse would be telling me to drastically cut my fibre as she would think that I am getting way way too much fibre.
@Krystyna23040 I wonder how much they really know about diet?
My view (without any scientific basis), is that someone decides something (for whatever reason whether it be a limited study or whatever to prove the outcome they want), and then over time this becomes compounded into a 'truth' (but really a myth), and us poor common mortals have to suffer the consequences following this flawed advice.
Just my view...

Reactions: HarryBeau