What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i'm seeing the end of a most wonderful day and the most glorious of sunsets..Likey :)
Oh dear, I must have failed completely it was a sunrise, dramatic I know but perhaps I painted it a little too dramatic. :joyful:

Looking at it now it reminds me of the end of days when old nick is let loose upon the world, Milton Paradise Lost style.

But if you see a sunset that's fine also. thank you.

Reactions: geefull

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looking at it now it reminds me of the end of days when old nick is let loose upon the world, Milton Paradise Lost style.

paradise lost ?
you mean milton keynes...;)

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

could also be a dramatic sunrise, now you mention it......o_O

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
you mean milton keynes...
I was on my way to a prison in Milton Keynes many years ago...it was impossible to locate it everywhere looked the same (apart from the wooden cows)...I hit on a great idea I'll ring them and ask for directions...I rang them their response 'we've no idea everywhere looks the same to us' thankfully I haven't been there since

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@True Blue Thank you. Your boat sounds lovely. :)
@dunelm Hugs for all the bathroom trips. But your photos are lovely, and your fish dinner sounds delicious.
@geefull I enjoy reading about your shopping trips and meal preparation. They make me want to start cooking again.

FBG 8.5 this morning.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher and @OldButBold your pictures remind me of California

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher I just turned my calendar to today's picture -- and I felt like I was looking at Popeye's tabby cousin. :)

calcat.jpg

The caption in the upper right-hand corner says, "Optimal napping can be found between the folds of even the brightest-colored blankets." ^. .^ :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My daily effort, a tad rushed, a bit dark, probably the influence of all those colours in @gennepher picture and drama of the terrible Australian Fires. Sticking with my Sea pictures, this is from a photo I took at Aldeburgh one October a few years ago, not so dramatic, my the paint ran away with me and there is no easy way of lightening up watercolour. A4 size took about 90 mins, will not be using it as an idea for my commission, I think I need to include some large waves not a flat sea....

View attachment 37752
A dramatic sunrise @Muddy Cyclist just when the dark cloud cover clears from the sea at dawn.

Maybe you should ask the person you are doing the commission for whether they want a millpond for the sea or something more dramatic like your first wave of yesterday....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher I just turned my calendar to today's picture -- and I felt like I was looking at Popeye's tabby cousin. :)

View attachment 37754
The caption in the upper right-hand corner says, "Optimal napping can be found between the folds of even the brightest-colored blankets." ^. .^ :)
Absolutely perfect @SaskiaKC
Must be a favourite cat spot :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear, I must have failed completely it was a sunrise, dramatic I know but perhaps I painted it a little too dramatic. :joyful:

But if you see a sunset that's fine also. thank you.

It looked to me like the end of the world.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A dramatic sunrise @Muddy Cyclist just when the dark cloud cover clears from the sea at dawn.

Maybe you should ask the person you are doing the commission for whether they want a millpond for the sea or something more dramatic like your first wave of yesterday....
Thanks @gennepher I have, dramatic so back to improving my wave painting.

I was on my way to a prison in Milton Keynes many years ago...it was impossible to locate it everywhere looked the same (apart from the wooden cows)...I hit on a great idea I'll ring them and ask for directions...I rang them their response 'we've no idea everywhere looks the same to us' thankfully I haven't been there since
What! On your way to prison and you rang them for directions? I'd have done a runner as would most respectable villains. :joyful:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @gennepher I have, dramatic so back to improving my wave painting.

What! On your way to prison and you rang them for directions? I'd have done a runner as would most respectable villains. :joyful:
The funny was for your @HarryBeau comment, because I had the same thought.... :)

Ah, that is good, because most people seem to like a millpond for the sea. I like wild horses waves! I thought your earlier dramatic wave sketch was great.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm watching a "new" (not) TV program called W1A starring Hugh not-Beaumont. I always want to call him Hugh Beaumont, but he isn't. This is (was) Hugh Beaumont:
upload_2020-1-11_22-33-53.jpeg
and this is Hugh NotBeaumont:

upload_2020-1-11_22-34-32.jpeg

and I like them both very much as actors. And this is Hugh Downs:
hugh-downs-biography-portrait.jpg
and I don't have a picture of my Uncle Hugh to post.

And no, I haven't been drinking anything tonight but water and an Atkins low-carb protein shake! :)
I just wondered if any of you have seen this W1A program.
And I like his bicycle. :)

And I don't have a clue who Alan Titmarsh is but IMO he is cuter than George Clooney ...

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

FBG 6.5 mmo/lt at 0600.

Some very heavy weather coming through UK tomorrow evening (Monday) and Tuesday evening. BBC has underplayed this. I am reducing canvas and adjusting mooring lines on my boat. Scouts' motto: Be prepared.

Cheers.
Just checked, 80 mph winds.
Irish are calling it storm Brendan.

Stay safe, fella.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wonderfully quiet morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of of oven roasted chicken and chorizo and quite a lot of cream came in at 4.5 this a.m.

Very windy yesterday which was of great assistance walking into town yesterday morning . Not so on the way back. Fascinating how far you can lean into the wind - hoping that it does not suddenly drop.

A newly refurbished pub has opened on the moors road. It has a free 18 hole mini golf course so, eldest two grandchildren in tow, off we went on an explore. Wind or not, Mr Pickle, our grandson, is up for golf at any time (as long as it does not clash with playing football). A reasonable menu for low carb - I had scrambled eggs with bacon - chucked the accompanying toast but threw all the lovely butter onto my eggs.
Eldest granddaughter stayed over last night so I expect that some form of instant and free at the point of use taxi service will come into play this morning.

Have a wonderful day if you can, stormy weather on it’s way (thank you @True Blue ), batten down the hatches. If you get bored, look up Michael Fish and the Storm on YouTube.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
an unhappy 7.0...The T2 Bond...

"So at last we meet, Mr Bond."

"Sho we Do, Dr NO....or shhhould i Call you.....Dr FBG :watching:"

", very clever, Mr Bond..So you've uncovered my alter ego...
but Come, Come,..did you REALLY think you could Thwart My
plans for World Domination just by changing your diet.. ?

Me & my Associates, have developed., shall i say. 'other'.. ways of damaging
your pathetic immune system.

the Power of Suggestion trapped YOU, SO beautifully, you pathetic Fool.....Mhuuhahaha .."

"Goodbye Mr Bond..we shan't be meeting like this again.
you've been a worthy opponent, but it's time for you to meet a gruesome end
in the Carb Pool of Destruction.."

Minions...SEIZE HIM..!! .."

My steph had a troublemaker in shop at work last night, so Daddy Uber came into play...
(Fancy starting a Union, @dunelm ..better pay..well some pay ;) and NO Zero Hours contracts, for starters..LoL )

all good ...****** gone when i got there.

Steph hungry, in takeaway with her, i caved and JUST got 5 hot wings...nice but not worth it , if i'm honest
just weak & undisciplined at Mo ..Must do better...:rolleyes:

Trying to get back on track after hols..not done a thing since we returned..:sorry:
so be making a list of jobs and tasks for next week, my list of To-Do's
....well it's a start:D...

Cheers for the weather report, @True Blue
looks like i best do most of that early doors, if it's outside.
(bike to get running, dash cam for car to fit... ..living the Dream baby, living the Dream....:hilarious: )

Enjoy your day all.
Stay safe and remember to look to the skies.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

The wind was bad enough yesterday. It took some of my trellis fencing to goodness knows where. I cannot find it anywhere. When I went to bed and I was about to take my Speech Processor off (the device that sends sounds to the wires in my head), when there was this almighty noise of something above me appearing to land on my roof. I was petrified. Sat frozen a few minutes. Once I realised I was still here I then checked my ceilings, but all is intact indoors. Don’t know about the outside yet. Still too dark to see properly. I will investigate properly later when it is really daylight.

I am a bit exposed to the Irish Sea. I can see it over the fence at the back of my garden...and the tip of The Wirral and Hilbre Islands and the white turbulent waves....

I was trying to anchor another fence yesterday, but if this gets worse.

Happy birthday @Muddy Cyclist to MrsMC :)

My painting a day challenge offering this morning...
8CB497EF-8F4C-4C83-90A5-96DBBD4651C7.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967