What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for posting both of those. I think you are one of the most positive people here.
t4615.gif

Thanks Saskia, that’s a lovely thing to say.
Do you know the rhyme ‘Monday’s child is fair of face’ ? I was Wednesday’s child - apparently ‘full of woe’ so I’ve made a conscious effort ( not always successful) since I first heard it, not to appear woeful! It annoyed me intensely as a child for some reason.

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you know the rhyme ‘Monday’s child is fair of face’ ? I was Wednesday’s child - apparently ‘full of woe’ so I’ve made a conscious effort ( not always successful) since I first heard it, not to appear woeful! It annoyed me intensely as a child for some reason.

..and you smashed it OUTTA the park, in my eyes..:)

i looked up un-woeful in the dictionary....it said check positive which i did..THAT said..
.... look under 'DJC3'...;)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Goodness, that would have annoyed me too! Even as an adult. :)
I am Monday's child but don't exactly fit the profile! :D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist I was just on the ocedar.com website and I saw something that I thought might interest y'all. Painting, not with shaving brushes, but with shaving cream.
Apparently you squirt the shaving cream into a cupcake tin and add food coloring and then fingerpaint.

There is a video here (no audio AFAIK, other than music) --
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6tDadhhYDz/

And @PenguinMum @HarryBeau and @jjraak
I also saw this pic which I love -- and I hope that the bucket doesn't contain anything more "chemical" than vinegar and water! ^. .^ :)
79291753_2715437218543275_5396659068073662418_n.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
..and you smashed it OUTTA the park, in my eyes..:)

i looked up un-woeful in the dictionary....it said check positive which i did..THAT said..
.... look under 'DJC3'...;)

Hahaha it could also have said synonyms -see jjraak! Your upbeat and cheerful posts always put a smile on my face.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A long day, great 2 1/2 hour Muddy Cycle ride and beat the rain. MIL visit difficult, not much change.wind now abated, atmospheric not internal, sorry @gennepher but glad to hear that's improved for you now.

Here is my daily watercolour, I decided to layout a wave splashing over rocks without wax resist, will use a similar one in my large seascape, this one took about 25 mins in watercolour paint.
IMG_20200113_194944.jpg

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Goodness, that would have annoyed me too! Even as an adult. :)
I am Monday's child but don't exactly fit the profile! :D

It’s odd how that sort of thing matters as a child isn’t it? We were all envious of one girl born on a Sunday - Bonny and blithe and good and gay. She wasn’t really any of those things but somehow that rhyme made her think she was!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am also a Wednesday's child and fit the bill perfectly, I have to fight really hard to get out of dark places and can actually enjoy being full of woe, thank goodness for Mrs MC who is always upbeat about everything, she keeps be afloat.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s odd how that sort of thing matters as a child isn’t it? We were all envious of one girl born on a Sunday - Bonny and blithe and good and gay. She wasn’t really any of those things but somehow that rhyme made her think she was!
Sunday babies obviously all fit the rhyme

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am also a Wednesday's child and fit the bill perfectly, I have to fight really hard to get out of dark places and can actually enjoy being full of woe, thank goodness for Mrs MC who is always upbeat about everything, she keeps be afloat.

What day is she? You two obviously go very well together and compliment eachother perfectly. I must say you never seem woeful on here though. You always seem quite cheerful

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A long day, great 2 1/2 hour Muddy Cycle ride and beat the rain. MIL visit difficult, not much change.wimd now abated, atmospheric not internal, sorry @gennepher but glad to hear that's improved for you now.

Here is my daily watercolour, I decided to layout a wave splashing over rocks without wax resist, will use a similar one in my large seascape, this one took about 25 mins in watercolour paint.
View attachment 37798

Fab!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What day is she? You two obviously go very well together and compliment eachother perfectly. I must say you never seem woeful on here though. You always seem quite cheerful
Mrs MC is also a Wednesday's child but with non of the traits in the rhyme, quite the opposite thank goodness. The woe side of me gets channeled into my art, music, acting and poetry, the world sees a cheerful, outgoing face, complex!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A long day, great 2 1/2 hour Muddy Cycle ride and beat the rain. MIL visit difficult, not much change.wind now abated, atmospheric not internal, sorry @gennepher but glad to hear that's improved for you now.

View attachment 37798

Very atmospheric! :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mrs MC is also a Wednesday's child but with non of the traits in the rhyme, quite the opposite thank goodness. The woe side of me gets channeled into my art, music, acting and poetry, the world sees a cheerful, outgoing face, complex!

If your music and acting are as inspired as your painting by your woe it seems you’ve found a really great channel for it. Long may it last.