What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Day 2 of carni OMAD and I have a 5.7 this morning.

My weight is an appalling 104.5kg, that is 4.5kg up since Nov. I was 100kg at diagnosis and did drop to 94kg following a fast, but 100 seems to be where I was staying. Given that I'm only a short fella it puts my BMI around 37 :bag:.

Hopefully, admitting all this here will drive me to actually get it lower. Given how much I gave up following diagnosis I'm not happy that my weight stayed the same and that starvation seems to be the only thing that moves it. At least my grocery bill will be light ;)
@OldButBold I think I have watched your journey on here from the get go. I am full of admiration for how you manage your T2 and other conditions. Your weight issues highlight the N=1 aspect of LC and the fact that this isn't the one way street some would have us believe. Full of praise for your efforts and rooting for your carni OMAD effort. #transitgate may well sort the 4.5 kgs:angelic:
Edit: Mahomes was the real deal yesterday. Chiefs may end 50 year wait. Now watching Seahawks - like their coach and "uniform" Don't want to know result pls.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg error on first try
Fbg 9.6 on second try
Fbg 9.4 on third try

I give up....

Why has it gone high...

I have eaten the usual food yesterday, only I didn't have the nuts I have every morning. I didn't have my nuts the day before either. I am trying to lose weight and it doesn't shift. So I was trying to abandon the nuts for a bit.

For some reason I had bad wind upon lying down in bed last night. Not when I am upright, but when I lie down. It was that bad I had zero warning to make it to the bathroom. When I had that zero warning for a second time, I gave up at 3am and went and did my daily challenge painting. Copious air freshener used....I am fine sitting up or standing. No wind, but lying down it's bad. No idea why, I don't have an upset tummy as such.

So here is my daily painting challenge to myself ....
88DE4100-7207-4A68-AAD8-D482344EFFE0.jpeg

Acrylics. A4 size pad. Just black and white paint. The brushes used are at the top. It took about an hour.

It is calm and quiet outside, which often happens in the pre-dawn hour....
Everything possible has been anchored.
Take care.
Keep safe in this Storm Brendan...
I would love to be besides the sea in this to watch the waves....anchored to a tree of course...sketchbook and pen in my hands...

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg error on first try
Fbg 9.6 on second try
Fbg 9.4 on third try

I give up....

I have eaten the usual food yesterday, only I didn't have the nuts I have every morning. I didn't have my nuts the day before either. I am trying to lose weight and it doesn't shift. So I was trying to abandon the nuts for a bit.

For some reason I had bad wind upon lying down in bed last night. Not when I am upright, but when I lie down. It was that bad I had zero warning to make it to the bathroom. When I had that zero warning for a second time, I gave up at 3am and went and did my daily challenge painting. Copious air freshener used....I am fine sitting up or standing. No wind, but lying down it's bad. No idea why, I don't have an upset tummy as such.

So here is my daily painting....
View attachment 37778
Acrylics. A4 size pad. Just black and white paint. The brushes used are at the top. It took about an hour.

It is calm and quiet outside, which often happens in the pre-dawn hour....
Everything possible has been anchored.
Take care.
Keep safe in this Storm Brendan...
I would love to be besides the sea in this to watch the waves....anchored to a tree of course...sketchbook and pen in my hands...
Hug for the wind but winner for the painting and indomitable spirit.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I have watched your journey on here from the get go

Indeed, you were my inspiration at the start, along with Bulkbiker. I remember back then thinking I would drop 42lbs overnight after giving up all the sweets and carbs I ate. It was a bitter blow when I didn't, but that's not anyone's fault and I went through a long phase of 'what am I doing wrong?'. Now I accept we are all different and I just need to find my own way to drop the weight.

I know it hasn't been an easy time for you, so I just want to say thank you for inspiring me :)

Last edited:
Reactions: trick60 and dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Indeed, you were my inspiration at the start, along with Bulkbiker. I remember back then thinking I would drop 42lbs overnight after giving up all the sweets and carbs I ate. It was a bitter blow when I didn't, but that's not anyone's fault and I went through a long phase of 'what am I doing wrong?'. Now I accept we are all different and I just need to find my own way to drop the weight.

I know it hasn't been an easy time for you, so I just want to say thank you for inspiring me :)
Seems to me I just spend my time pointing out the problems Lc/Keto give me so not sure about inspiration but thanks for the compliment. Take care.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.5 today which is fine. I am going to meet some old friends for lunch today but as its an hour’s drive will be getting on the road for home by 2pm to hopefully get home before the worst of the storm. Thats the plan anyway.
@OldButBold and @ianpspurs good luck with your individual challenges. Eating LC certainly affects us all differently. @gennepher really like your painting, hope you feel better today.
Have a good Monday and batten down the hatches. Stay well, stay safe.

Reactions: karen8967

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

mr gee has to go to the dentist this morning so he's up 'betimes' ;) being by nature a bit of a night owl in the winter he usually sleeps in later than I do. His appointment is at the beginning of the morning and I am summoned later to a sort of 'Hail and Farewell' lunch meeting with the ladies who formerly staffed the charity shop. Don't know what the menu is like but hopefully there will be something I can eat :D

Hope your day treats you well :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.5 greeted me today.

@gennepher like your monochrome painting very much, have walked past such scenes in the Brecons and Scotland so a winner for that painting Hugs for the unexplained wind.

@OldButBold its hard enough Carb counting without having to also Calories count, I'm rooting for you to find away to shed some unwanted bulk.

@ianpspurs you are inspirational, your posts may question LCHF I think many in this corner find themselves in a similar place and questioning is good and healthy IMHO.

Off for a Muddy Cycle ride before the storm hits here, about 1300 hours the forecast promises wind and yet more rain, so I'm going to get a 3 hour dry ride in I hope. Then off to visit MIL.

Take care, try and dodge the wind of all types.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
it must have been the combo of fizz and cupcake but glad you enjoyed it. I find any wine affects me more so I stick to gin though I really like fizz on occasions.
Definitely back on the gin (obviously not this time of the morning;)) considering we have several bottles stacked away...yes I did enjoy the evening lots of chatting (gossip) and a good catch up combined with lots of laughing always a winning combination.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...good sleep last night although waiting for these kittens to 'slow down' is tiring...they are full on until after midnight...if they were teenagers no doubt I'd be getting calls from the local constabulary...I may have to confiscate their tunnel play system the noise as they crash into it!!...a more controlled day yesterday I am despite the odd blip getting back into the swing of LCHF...just a christening to go at the weekend that will be a challenge when it comes to the lunch afterwards fingers crossed I can resist...woke to a flat 6

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning I feel quite virtuous after a week in vaunt back on the wagon.. I’m still on it I know my < 50 g carb is nothing compared to what some of you do but I’m doing ok with reduced gliclazide! This morning I was at 4.7 and my 7 day average is at 5.0 tomorrow is scales day though.. I’ll be gutted if I haven’t lost at least a stone this week. ( I wish) onwards and downwards..

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 after a lovely relaxing day yesterday.

Not tired today - maybe last week I was fighting off a virus which made me so tired. .Last week I was beginning to wonder if I was getting to old and should retire. This week I don't feel like that - I am back to feeling young again. Just got to remember not to look in the mirror with reading glasses on.

Off to work shortly - back at 10pm tonight.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Del Shannon (Don't ask me a mountain of questions when there is only one answer to it all) and a conspirital Deep Thought came in at 4.2 - so that’s it!

The last bottle of Christmas red wine was consumed with gusto last night, even though gusto was not even invited. Still a couple of bottles of white but they always outstay their welcome.

@SaskiaKC - you may want to up your intake of both salt and water if you are going all carnivore - Marc Bolan didn’t do this and look what happened to the T Rex.
@Muddy Cyclist - lovely rule of three sketch. @gennepher - big noisy windy hug but a gold star for the monochrome.

Have a great day if you can, koffy is calling and the recycling needs organizing.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG of 6.0 leaves me in seal team six, keeping watch for intruders, high in the mountains overlooking Mcgarret plains ..

Am hoping to be recalled back to base soon, and that the journey back has begun

Loving the pic @gennepher ..so peaceful looking.
hug for the wind...most unpleasant.

Hugs for the weight gain/stop @OldButBold ..big believer that our bodies can sometimes be the most
resourceful of enemies..it will fight tooth and nail to keep itself where IT wants to be..no matter how hard we try.

@geefull nice scores and enjoy the days celebrations.
@HarryBeau ..liking the pleasure of life..and the kittens will soon grow up, sadly
@Goacher55 ..plenty of room onbaord, and we all travel with the right amount of luggage if it works for us
@SaskiaKC ..loving the monk v cat..such an unfair contest..loL
@dunelm ..sounds like a pleasant evening was had

and @Krystyna23040 ...i know that feeling.
and heres a Mcgarret, for the score..

Caution..those of a sensitive nature LOOK away NOW..:wideyed:

you were warned...:D

and @ianpspurs ..good luck with #transitgate
if it inspires you..for me, Trap 2 was a Cat 3..(XL, or so it felt :woot:) ...this AM..(HTH's....;) )

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 today. Off to skipton. Day there with eric. Evening with ivor Cummings ;-) low carb supper included. Looking forward it immensely.

Need to share this. Eric is happy for me to do so

So Eric's blood pressure has been up for a few months with the threat of a second tablet. He agreed to go keto. He has lost almost 2 stone but wasnt having much of an impact on BP. Started last Monday. BP readings have come down significantly. Not one in the red! Today 120 over 81. Considering bottom line was between 90 and 100! Monitoring constantly. So far so good especially as weight had plateaued but 4lb lost this week!

Happy Monday to all.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
liking the pleasure of life..and the kittens will soon grow up, sadly
Can't wait @jjraak until they want to lounge on the sofa & snooze...stop stealing my hair ties & anything else that isn't nailed down...at the moment it's all about eating playing 7 being happy they are adorable & I love having them but exhausting!

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.8 today. Off to skipton. Day there with eric. Evening with ivor Cummings ;-) low carb supper included. Looking forward it immensely.

Need to share this. Eric is happy for me to do so

So Eric's blood pressure has been up for a few months with the threat of a second tablet. He agreed to go keto. He has lost almost 2 stone but wasnt having much of an impact on BP. Started last Monday. BP readings have come down significantly. Not one in the red! Today 120 over 81. Considering bottom line was between 90 and 100! Monitoring constantly. So far so good especially as weight had plateaued but 4lb lost this week!

Happy Monday to all.

Congratulations to Eric! My BP came down when my weight did.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Del Shannon (Don't ask me a mountain of questions when there is only one answer to it all) and a conspirital Deep Thought came in at 4.2 - so that’s it!

The last bottle of Christmas red wine was consumed with gusto last night, even though gusto was not even invited. Still a couple of bottles of white but they always outstay their welcome.

@SaskiaKC - you may want to up your intake of both salt and water if you are going all carnivore - Marc Bolan didn’t do this and look what happened to the T Rex.
@Muddy Cyclist - lovely rule of three sketch. @gennepher - big noisy windy hug but a gold star for the monochrome.

Have a great day if you can, koffy is calling and the recycling needs organizing.

Thank you for the tip. :)