What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
mmm...

a Thursday child here..
"has far to go"..mmhh..so i googled... as ya do..:)

The traditional meaning is associated with Thursday children having a long, successful life without limitations.
Going far in life is typically viewed as a positive attribute with children having a lot of potential and talent."

AND hard working..so with that..i Fully agree.

and then i read on, and i get to the later versions..

Modern interpretations for the meaning vary. Thursday’s child is sometimes associated with children having special needs or setbacks in life. This concept of “far to go” implies that children have obstacles to overcome.

which to my mind show Grit, determination and a Bloody mindedness to overcome AND succeed

so both apply to me, but i do prefer the early version if i'm Honest...:)

but maybe i do meld the two ..which kind of makes a lot of sense.

My counselling brought up a few things i considered 'normal'

yet my my councillor was or seemed rather horrified by. and kept dragging me back to how that was NOT ok, and may be part of my personal issues..(it wasn't, but it did open my eyes up and make me re-appraise how it was back then )

so maybe i have overcome more than i thought..and perhaps it IS

Life 0-1 JJRaak

a rather nice score line i think...;)

until life inevitably equalises..as it always does...:banghead:

But until then

WINNER....:D..whoop whoop indeed..:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If your music and acting are as inspired as your painting by your woe it seems you’ve found a really great channel for it. Long may it last.
'Jack of all trades (except DIY) and master of non.' There goes my Wednesday's Child again :joyful: but thank you.

a Thursday child here.
What a difference a day makes. :) Now there's a title for a great song.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
will try tonight.
but just following as he spoke, (we all do that, right:wacky:)..i felt very relaxed, so maybe it has potential.

shall report back in morning.

Cheers for the posting, @gennepher

I just came across it, wasn't looking for that kind of stuff @jjraak
I was yawning my head off as he was doing it, and yes I was doing it too.
Tried it in bed and was asleep within a minute. But I still woke up a few times in the night because my bladder still needs those regular bathroom visits. However, each time I got back into bed I started doing it again (before my brain could start thinking) and was asleep within a minute or so.

So, when I woke up at 4 am as I usually do round about then, my brain shot into clear thinking mode, as though I had deprived it of ruminating in the night!

But I am very relaxed this morning.

And when I have my mid-morning catnap I will try it again...

Right...back to painting....just stopped for a coffee...

Reactions: DJC3 and HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist I was just on the ocedar.com website and I saw something that I thought might interest y'all. Painting, not with shaving brushes, but with shaving cream.
Apparently you squirt the shaving cream into a cupcake tin and add food coloring and then fingerpaint.

There is a video here (no audio AFAIK, other than music) --
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6tDadhhYDz/

And @PenguinMum @HarryBeau and @jjraak
I also saw this pic which I love -- and I hope that the bucket doesn't contain anything more "chemical" than vinegar and water! ^. .^ :)
79291753_2715437218543275_5396659068073662418_n.jpg
Mum has her rubber gloves on to paint...but son has his bare hands, and doesn't get a scrap of paint on him!
Actually @SaskiaKC I use food colouring and isopropyl alcohol to make my own alcohol inks. They are very expensive to buy the brand named ones.

Reactions: trick60

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A long day, great 2 1/2 hour Muddy Cycle ride and beat the rain. MIL visit difficult, not much change.wind now abated, atmospheric not internal, sorry @gennepher but glad to hear that's improved for you now.

Here is my daily watercolour, I decided to layout a wave splashing over rocks without wax resist, will use a similar one in my large seascape, this one took about 25 mins in watercolour paint.
View attachment 37798
Powerful waves @Muddy Cyclist
Brilliant!

Reactions: HarryBeau

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday's child here, and I'm reporting a 5.1 on this my 3rd day of carn-OMAD fun.

Spent most of yesterday in the upper 4s. This is the first morning of not feeling hungry so, hopefully, I will be ready to have a full-on fast by the end of the week.

All good fun :)

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Hope you are surviving the latest storms. Was blowing a hooley here last night.

FBG 6.1 mmo/lt at 0600.

Experimented again with keto flaxbread rolls. Fail. In bin. Next effort will be with coconut and almond flour. Double baking powder and soda in a wet mix. Hoping for a "Sorcerer's Apprentice" moment.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@OldButBold great stuff with the carni OMAD. I'm with you @trick60 on 6.1 fbg. Highly modified DD yesterday and no exercise bike. I added in a bulletproof tea and probably doubled all the protein plus as much fibre as I could since I didn't remember eating the brillo pad :bigtears::bigtears:. Ketones @ around 17.00 were 1.7 (MCT?) so that part seems to work - was 1.5 Sunday. I certainly have a head cold which may be pushing up fbg and test was 2 hrs later today. Might stop the experiment here as meal prep is a pain - especially breakfast which does nothing for me and is why I stopped it. The portions seem best suited to batch cook, freeze or Hobbits - (144 gms steak or 1/8 tsp Worcester sauce anyone?) IMHO. Moving date provisionally scheduled for Jan 31 and we have 2 rammed freezers to deal with. Looking at other weekly menus I like the sound of strawberry and avocado (1/4 :arghh:) salad. Transit - if it happens at all - will be very painful without major modification (or a packet of senokot per day.) Dear DD, how can you call 1 egg (what size is a 50 gm egg??) and 48 gms cheese, cooked in the oven, flatbread? - failed omelette. maybe. Have a great day and if you can't be a Sunday's child you will be fine - checkout psalm 8 (we may always be just that bit finer though:angelic:)

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all, been missing in action for a while so I will send out hugs to everyone that needs them and massive well done's to everyone well,
Good to see you back here John

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...quiet here ATM more wind & rain expected this morning...shopping being delivered between 8-9am poor driver hopes the weather holds for him & us...been more disciplined with carbs the last week or so FBG improving slowly...waiting for news of the Philippines those poor people but .all I can hear is Harry & Meghan... move over the royals there's more important things happening in the world... woke to a 5.7

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...quiet here ATM more wind & rain expected this morning...shopping being delivered between 8-9am poor driver hopes the weather holds for him & us...been more disciplined with carbs the last week or so FBG improving slowly...waiting for news of the Philippines those poor people but .all I can hear is Harry & Meghan... move over the royals there's more important things happening in the world... woke to a 5.7

absolutely agree.

see the Canadians are starting to question the wisdom of them landing on their doorstep

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
spotted this posted by another on here.
link

made good sense to me.

Time linked to play from relevant part re DP.

anyone able to tell me HOW to timelink like this..?
@OldButBold , maybe...:D;)

Last edited:
Reactions: SaskiaKC

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 9.1 at 4 am

I still don't know why this is high.
But I have gone back to eating my nuts first thing because I know that will/should lower this figure. I need protein first thing to lower fbg. But I cannot stomach animal protein until later in the day. So it might be eggs around midday. And that might be my last meal. I need to do a few days, again, where I am checking my blood sugars at various intervals. Maybe in a few days...

Done my daily painting challenge to myself...
285BB5E5-9842-4936-948E-4E46BD91BCBD.jpeg