Looks worse in kg -1.75lb!! That's better :D
Good luck all!

Reactions: Rustytypin

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Boringly still the same weight. Considering how many nuts I have eaten since Christmas, that's not bad going. Fear it may uplift soon unless I get some discipline going.

Hope everyone else is achieving, or even exceeding, their expectations.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@aard sounds good to me. Lower carbs and losing weight has to be a win.
@ickihun great progress. You should be congratulating yourself.
@Lotties nearly 2lb loss, .8kg either way you are going in the right direction and should be happy with that.
Forgot to weigh on Friday. Had breakfast before I remembered on Saturday. Sunday
Weight 48.1 kg
Seems to be all on my stomach though. Don't like it.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@aard sounds good to me. Lower carbs and losing weight has to be a win.
@ickihun great progress. You should be congratulating yourself.
@Lotties nearly 2lb loss, .8kg either way you are going in the right direction and should be happy with that.
Forgot to weigh on Friday. Had breakfast before I remembered on Saturday. Sunday
Weight 48.1 kg
Seems to be all on my stomach though. Don't like it.

Lizzy, I may or may not have said this before, but forgive me if I have.

I my experience of weight loss, and gain, in both directions many report, including me, that they lose weight or gain it from all the places they'd rather not. For'e, losing would be from my bottom and lady bumps, when gaining, always on my tum.

If that loss/gain I swear sustained, then our bodies have a way of sneakily redistributing things, overtime.

Many moons ago, i suffered with anorexia and became dangerously ill, and a thought a weight I won't share here, as I still find it upsetting, never mind anyone else. When I started on my road to recovery, I had many, many discussions about my perceived pot belly and how out of shape I felt. The medics and phychiatrists were right after all. It did sort itself out over a period.

Similarly when accidentally trimming up a bit, post diagnosis, I mourned the disappearance of my bookies, and bottom, but I remained pretty well straight up-and-down. Remembering previous experiences, I just tried to ignore it, until one day I noticed a little waist had appeared.

Give it time.

Reactions: Ryhia

aard

wk1 98.7
wk2 97.9 -.8
wk3 96.6. -1.3 ( drat those crunchies/coke it was 2 kg 2 days ago)

Must stop measuring as every time I see my figures 4.3 - 5.9 mmol I relax and scoff loads of chocolate. Need to take this more seriously!!!

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last week 107.8kg
This week 107.0kg
Oh my metabolism is so slow :(.
Looks worse in kg -1.75lb!! That's better :D
Good luck all!
Thats perfect to be honest, you want to be looking at ~2lb or 1kg a week loss as an ideal "path"

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
I’ve come back after burnout and have went on a moderate low carb lifestyle instead of Keto as I’m on meds that cause hypos so I have to be careful

So on 9th Dec I weighted in at 12st 4lbs eekkk
Now at 11st 8lbs

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Lizzy, I may or may not have said this before, but forgive me if I have.

I my experience of weight loss, and gain, in both directions many report, including me, that they lose weight or gain it from all the places they'd rather not. For'e, losing would be from my bottom and lady bumps, when gaining, always on my tum.

If that loss/gain I swear sustained, then our bodies have a way of sneakily redistributing things, overtime.

Many moons ago, i suffered with anorexia and became dangerously ill, and a thought a weight I won't share here, as I still find it upsetting, never mind anyone else. When I started on my road to recovery, I had many, many discussions about my perceived pot belly and how out of shape I felt. The medics and phychiatrists were right after all. It did sort itself out over a period.

Similarly when accidentally trimming up a bit, post diagnosis, I mourned the disappearance of my bookies, and bottom, but I remained pretty well straight up-and-down. Remembering previous experiences, I just tried to ignore it, until one day I noticed a little waist had appeared.

Give it time.
It must hv been a very scary time for you @DCUKMod. A challenge not everyone succeeds in. You must still using similiar coping mechanisms in other areas of life. I know coping skills I've picked up hv helped me throughout my life not realising mine are self taught as my main carer had her own issues. It's unfortunate my siblings are still struggling but haven't as yet sort the correct help. Many don't realise eating disorders are under the umbrella of mental health.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I’ve come back after burnout and have went on a moderate low carb lifestyle instead of Keto as I’m on meds that cause hypos so I have to be careful

So on 9th Dec I weighted in at 12st 4lbs eekkk
Now at 11st 8lbs
Well done @Dollylolly.
The aim is to not beat yourself up and just keep calm and carry on. I know sometimes easier times than others.
My DN calls them an odd treat period. Myself I now no longer associate food with my emotions. My partner decades ago learnt coping skills around talk therapy. We talk... alot. Not saying some days him and my autistic 6yr old aren't too talkative for me when ill or very tired though. After all we are all human. They get plenty of support from me and I need to hv a break now and again to recharge. Sometimes my partner being the more needy out of the two, occasionally.
Can you figure out the reason why your emotions dictate your diet?
Just that realisation is sometimes enough to solve the problem.
Keep reminding yourself none diabetics hv a treat a few times a year. Some are planned and some are unplanned ones.
I hv other interests other than food making or buying and those interests are a great distraction.
I now don't buy the carby foods. I only eat what I've planned for 99.9% of the time.
Emotional eating is part habit too.

I hope these 'normal' thoughts and habits are not allowed to inhibit you.
You can do this.
Definitely.

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
The burnout was my own fault family pressure it wasn’t that serious it’s only T2 and the nurse being well a cow to me she still is by the way.

I tested daily ate to my meter much to the disgust of the nurse. She’s not even a diabetic nurse.

I lost 3 st go me then I hit rock bottom (depression) and gave up plus money got tight to which didn’t help the mood too.

I was on meds for that but weaned off now. So I’m back to talking more about my feelings not bottling things up. I do lapse but I’m getting better

I keep a journal as well

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi peeps! I hope you all had a good week.
Was 107.0kg now 107.5kg
Ate less as wasn't hungry but didn't fast this week as it didn't feel 'right'.
Yeah... slightly miffed. :D but did have to increase my prednisolone by 2.5 to 10.

francesk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've decided that I'm going to really knuckle down now, I'm tired of being overweight. I desperately want to lose weight from all over, but especially my tummy which has always been big since I was a child, but now the look is not enhanced by a laparotomy a few years back, slit from under bust to top of groin, then the staples were taken out too early and the whole lot split wide open! It was all treated with vacuum pack, but it means that I've been left with divided tummy, which isn't attractive. I've also had a bad back - I've got the beginnings of arthritis in the lumbar region, and had really bad sciatica for 18 months, which was dreadful! On top of other problems (T2, CKD and other things) I've now been told I'm nearing dialysis so am determined to get back on track! So starting weight today. - 96.6k.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Hello everyone, welcome to the thread newcomers.
@DCUKMod thank you for your concern and your encouraging words. It must be difficult sharing your story. I will take on board what you said and see how it goes.
Slight increase for me this week. 48.5kg.
Not surprised as had some carb laden meals this week.
FBG has been all over the place. Falling instead of rising in the mornings. Today,
Back to normal... sudden rise, when I was expecting a fall.