Weekly weigh in - Fridays

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone, welcome to the thread newcomers.
@DCUKMod thank you for your concern and your encouraging words. It must be difficult sharing your story. I will take on board what you said and see how it goes.
Slight increase for me this week. 48.5kg.
Not surprised as had some carb laden meals this week.
FBG has been all over the place. Falling instead of rising in the mornings. Today,
Back to normal... sudden rise, when I was expecting a fall.

It's absolutely fine Lizzy. It's part of me, and i often safe it's a bit part of what made me as I am. It showed I can do almost anything I set my mind to, but setting ones mind to something is not always positive.

We live. We learn, and we move along.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
The burnout was my own fault family pressure it wasn’t that serious it’s only T2 and the nurse being well a cow to me she still is by the way.

I tested daily ate to my meter much to the disgust of the nurse. She’s not even a diabetic nurse.

I lost 3 st go me then I hit rock bottom (depression) and gave up plus money got tight to which didn’t help the mood too.

I was on meds for that but weaned off now. So I’m back to talking more about my feelings not bottling things up. I do lapse but I’m getting better

I keep a journal as well
I'm not happy to hear your dn is being negative towards you. If you get time you need to give your GP feedback. No one deserves negativity when there's a long road ahead. Keep posting here. Feel free to jump into the 'type2 life' thread or the 'moan' thread. We are great listeners.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi peeps! I hope you all had a good week.
Was 107.0kg now 107.5kg
Ate less as wasn't hungry but didn't fast this week as it didn't feel 'right'.
Yeah... slightly miffed. :D but did have to increase my prednisolone by 2.5 to 10.
Your med increase was cause. My novarapid insulin does the same but your health has to come first. Weight loss safely is the key. You can do this. Marathon not a sprint... right?
Ive been fighting weight increase for decades and my intervention once I could concentrate on me has been the biggest achievement. You should come first then you are fully there for others. Ok.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've decided that I'm going to really knuckle down now, I'm tired of being overweight. I desperately want to lose weight from all over, but especially my tummy which has always been big since I was a child, but now the look is not enhanced by a laparotomy a few years back, slit from under bust to top of groin, then the staples were taken out too early and the whole lot split wide open! It was all treated with vacuum pack, but it means that I've been left with divided tummy, which isn't attractive. I've also had a bad back - I've got the beginnings of arthritis in the lumbar region, and had really bad sciatica for 18 months, which was dreadful! On top of other problems (T2, CKD and other things) I've now been told I'm nearing dialysis so am determined to get back on track! So starting weight today. - 96.6k.
Hi @francesk.
Great to see you here.
Weight loss helps with a few things. You won't go wrong reducing or losing any obesity caused by type2.
I thank God there is a few ways to tackle it and here we note or happy Fridays result and even not so apparent ones.
You can do this. You hv already said so. You've had enough of obesity upsetting your health and probables your mind.
We are a good bunch here. Many leave because they've done exceptionally well and some leave the forum after meeting a good network of supportive friends.
Not so much as we are a box of chocolates but more ALSORTS. Ha ha Of course the liquorice is the type2. It gets thinner or fatter depending on the sweet type.
Hv fun here and don't mind about telling the ups and the downs. We can support you. :) :) :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Weighed still as 100.40kgs but had to replace metformin with novarapid yesterday and today due to dye from CT scan. So I may add but I'll work harder to get it back off, including reducing my Toujeo300 insulin which is now only10-12units compared to once 99units. Considering its a triple dose insulin it's definately impresses the surgeons who make the Roux-en-y at Sunderland hospital possible. I'm very very grateful to them. Well all their teams and even the A&E staff on Friday afternoon. They all make my success story theirs too. The nhs is absolutely marvellous. Mr Johnson has right to be proud of it! :) :) :)

Reactions: Ryhia and Lotties

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
77.3kg this week. That's a 1lb loss this week :)

First time since i was 17 i put my details into the BMI calculator and it said my weight was in the "healthy range". I didn't do all the work for aesthetics, i have never been vain but its amazing the difference.

Even the clothes i bought in November are getting pretty loose - in danger of having to by size 30" jeans which is just crazy for me hehe.

I still have a bit to loose but i have achieved my Primary goal of getting into the healthy band, now i just want to reduce my body fat % further.

Just as a note for those just starting out, play the long game - i started out with the aim of 1 - 2 lb a week of sustainable weight loss rather then trying to crash as my experience has been i lost loads in the first few weeks or maybe months then piled it back on.

The graph below is my tracker, slow and steady wins the race, the last 2 months has average 1Lb per week, but again that's still good solid sustainable loss so keep it up people :) (not withstanding i did loose a load in the first few weeks but this is always the case - water loss etc)

upload_2020-1-27_8-28-47.png

aard

beginning 98.7
last week 96.9
this week (wk3) 96.2. -.7 ( off the wagon on weekend, lack of willpower, I think mcdonalds/crisps/coke probably doesn’t fit into a low carb diet).

Next week no reward days and will not skip gym, baby steps.

Reactions: Ryhia

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
beginning 98.7
last week 96.9
this week (wk3) 96.2. -.7 ( off the wagon on weekend, lack of willpower, I think mcdonalds/crisps/coke probably doesn’t fit into a low carb diet).

Still a good loss :) if it drops too quickly its not good for you any way. slow and steady wins the race! McDonalds is a struggle for me also, if im with the family and have to eat there i have to go with chicken fillets, salad and diet drink. i cant say its a treat but i dont use it as such, save my treats for something good rather then

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
beginning 98.7
last week 96.9

Aardvark, don't be so hard on yourself. McDonalds, without the bun, chorizo/salami crisps and Coke Zero all fit the lifestyle.

Some folks prefer to pass on sweeteners, but if you're ok with them, then go for it.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Still a good loss :) if it drops too quickly its not good for you any way. slow and steady wins the race! McDonalds is a struggle for me also, if im with the family and have to eat there i have to go with chicken fillets, salad and diet drink. i cant say its a treat but i dont use it as such, save my treats for something good rather then
Without bun has still helped lose weight on low carb. For loads of us. Enjoy with water as even fizzy diet drinks can mess you up. I lose on water or coffee with tiny bit cream. We are all different but no one results on Mc Donald's bread. Heavy protein is only way to go. Do you find the same?

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Without bun has still helped lose weight on low carb. For loads of us. Enjoy with water as even fizzy diet drinks can mess you up. I lose on water or coffee with tiny bit cream. We are all different but no one results on Mc Donald's bread. Heavy protein is only way to go. Do you find the same?
To be honest, im loosing on a more traditional diet - i have cut out all simple carbs but still have beans, lentils, whole gain things like Bulgar wheat. Shredded wheat for breakfast etc..

Smaller portions and plenty of exercise. In a fortunate position that im 35 and before this all started was mobile without any major issues, so i managed to ramp up activity pretty significantly. I take in probably double the protein, a third of the carbs and a third of the fat of the "daily recommended" but maybe only about 1700 calories.

I have bowel cancer in my family pretty badly, so im trying this first as LCHF could give me problems with the low fiber levels among other things. But my bloods on this diet seem to be very good, down to 33. I suspect this ism ore to do with weight loss and exercise then diet.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yipee! I've reach my 99kgs goal. I'm 99.70kgs this morning.
I've been distracted with spitting blood, stomach pain and black waste but after CT scan and an endoscopy they found polyps which cause the pain and alot of inflammation in my digestive system. Back to surgeon and GP for different meds I hope.
Just need an official diagnosis. Still up in the air whether 761 is too much insulin for my weight. I'll be interested to see if it changes with more weight loss. Still on insulin with metformin. If I stop insulin I range 13-20 even on low carb. I'm guessing protein and low carbs still not aggreable to me at this lower weight, still.

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
108.6kg 41.1%bf
Up from
107.5kg 40.9%.
Such is the effect of not fasting 3 days a week.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
31-01-2020
Last week 48.6 this week 47.1 Eek!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I guess you don't want to lose any more.
Hi Lotties, definitely not. Am working the opposite way to most pepole on this site. Have always been borderline underweight, normal for me was around 8 stone 10 lb. but it's getting silly. Am now 7 stone 6lb.
Lost about 3 lb in a week.
Just checked BMI 16.7
Metric weights in post above.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yipee! I've reach my 99kgs goal. I'm 99.70kgs this morning.
I've been distracted with spitting blood, stomach pain and black waste but after CT scan and an endoscopy they found polyps which cause the pain and alot of inflammation in my digestive system. Back to surgeon and GP for different meds I hope.
Just need an official diagnosis. Still up in the air whether 761 is too much insulin for my weight. I'll be interested to see if it changes with more weight loss. Still on insulin with metformin. If I stop insulin I range 13-20 even on low carb. I'm guessing protein and low carbs still not aggreable to me at this lower weight, still.
Well done and a winner for the weight loss. Hug for the new inflammation problem

AllieRainbow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone.

I am back after over a year and a half of stress and life going down the toilet due to family illness and bereavement. However, I am drawing a line under that now and tackling the weight and the blood sugar with LCHF and exercise. I am also testing again, and getting the BG down rapidly. After around 6 weeks I am feeling so much better, although I had around 3 weeks eating too many carbs over the Christmas period, which set me back to the start again.

16/12/2020 - 281.0 lbs / BMI 40.3 / FBG unknown, but ranging around 9-10s during the day.
31/01/2020 - 264.2 lbs / BMI 37.9 / FBG 7.0 / Waist:Height ratio 68.5%

Last edited: