SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hi,

Yep. The new heating system (new boiler output.) has probably increased humidity in your home causing moisture to condense on the cold windows.
Problem is the condensation could cause mould to thrive around the window area.?

You may need suitable ventilation?
Yep, started opening the windows but it's so cold and frosty!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good frosty Friday to one and all

Bloods behaving ermm pump behaving........not a lot more to say :)

Reactions: karen8967 and hh1

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Exhausted.

I am too - fighting a cold here, so levels are rubbish at the moment, can't be bothered to report them as just turning a blind eye...

Got a 10k race on Sunday at Draycote Water, which i'm not looking forward to as the storm will hit then, will be dressed in my waterproofs and hoping the gale winds will be behind me and whatever bug is manifesting itself and playing havoc with my levels has dissipated.

Sorry bah humbug blah blah bleugh...

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Well done @MeiChanski, and I hope you’ll find your happy place at the Care Home. It’ll make all the difference to the people spending their days, and nights, there to have a lovely, cheerful, thoughtful, empathetic person taking care of them. My ancient maiden aunt spent her last three years in a care home and the staff were lovely. It made all the difference to her, and to us too, despite the guilt about not having the time and skill to care for her at home. She lived two and a half hours drive away from me and I didn’t have the financial means to be able to give up my job and move in with her.

Reactions: Antje77

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I failed at flying anything with an engine, sailed the 7 seas without too much drama so decided to see if flying without an engine was possible yesterday...............I'm still up in the air about it (boom boom), haven't decided - had a few ups and downs but nothing too catastrophic - may hit the water again but this time white water rafting.......I've walked the river and can see a few nasty bits - don't fancy getting caught is a back current around lunchtime nor the waterfall that I'll probably have to navigate later this evening.......:hilarious:
You've walked the river? With that kind of power, T1 should be curable...:hilarious:

Reactions: Marie 2

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I want to go to the pool, jump in, swim laps for half an hour, take the slide three times and relax in the bubbly bath thing for a while before getting out, get dressed and drive home.

I do not want to have to decide on a half or a whole slice of bread before jumping in, start watching by bg like a hawk after half an hour, trying to keep phone and meter safe and dry, trying to quickly dry a finger well enough to test, deciding on how many sweets or how much from my apple, testing again before driving home, being annoyed at my Libre because it's simply too slow for the swimming drop, and needing to remember to keep a close eye on my bg for half the day to prevent highs or lows from earlier miscalculations.

Yes, I can do all that and enjoy the swimming pool but that's definetely not the same as simply go there for a quick swim in between other things.
Rant over.

I'll stay at home and throw a little private birthday party for Wolf, who turned 6 today :)
84364381_10219762569009041_5030343191170121728_n.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought this was for the upcoming series for Snowpiercer at first!

Hi,

I had no idea there was a series.. Looks like it's a "prequel" about 12 years prior to the events in the film plot?

"From the creators of Orphan Black."

I actually enjoyed that show.

Reactions: db89

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I had no idea there was a series.. Looks like it's a "prequel" about 12 years prior to the events in the film plot?

"From the creators of Orphan Black."

I actually enjoyed that show.

Yeah, I think we're getting it in the UK via Amazon. I think, like Hanna (also available on Prime), it stands completely alone from the film and is a different take on the story.

Remember Orphan Black when it came out, it was an interesting premise but I didn't stick with it for the whole run of seasons. If I remember correctly, I was much more wound up in the world of Fringe at that time (which was excellent).

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sometimes it pays to lower expectations & plan for something, should it go wrong...

But in this case?

"The eyes have it."

I got my licence renewed, full on 3 years!
For some reason, DVLA also sent me a seperate letter outlining my right to appeal?!!!

Against what... :cool:

itstheeasterbeagle01.gif

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah, I think we're getting it in the UK via Amazon. I think, like Hanna (also available on Prime), it stands completely alone from the film and is a different take on the story.

Remember Orphan Black when it came out, it was an interesting premise but I didn't stick with it for the whole run of seasons. If I remember correctly, I was much more wound up in the world of Fringe at that time (which was excellent).

Fringe looks interesting.. But i know what you mean. some shows should stop after the first series.
David Tennant's portrayal of "Kilgrave" in Jessica Jones is worth a watch.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I watched the film 3 days ago. It was strange to say the least

People on a train journey separated by class with the "plebs" having no choice but to eat their own & serve a brutal hierarchy keeping the wheels turning..

I saw it more as a metaphor.

tumblr_molobbcz921qhu7x0o1_500.gif

Reactions: porl69

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes it pays to lower expectations & plan for something, should it go wrong...

But in this case?

"The eyes have it."

I got my licence renewed, full on 3 years!
For some reason, DVLA also sent me a seperate letter outlining my right to appeal?!!!

Against what... :cool:

View attachment 38396

Absolutely, nailed-on result Jay. I'm so pleased for you.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fringe looks interesting.. But i know what you mean. some shows should stop after the first series.
David Tennant's portrayal of "Kilgrave" in Jessica Jones is worth a watch.

Thats a Netflix show is it? I'll add it to my ever-growing list. Don't know how folk find the time for neverending soaps. :hilarious:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Absolutely, nailed-on result Jay. I'm so pleased for you.

Thanks. LOL, i got a gig on tonight too. Came at the right time.
I was a little concerned about getting pulled with an outtadate licence..

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Waves feebly. Oh my, but this half term is knackering.

I am so glad the Japes' Sad and Disappointed Face mostly works before I have to get to full-blown Riot Act. I think every single one of my lot has experienced it this week. That number of Riot Acts might have finished me off.

Basal definitely cut back for now. Judo is working.

Reactions: Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends
Auto mode has been good, not so good on high levels like above 10. I don’t know if running between 7-8mmol is good or problematic in future. But I’m happy that it’s less hypos/ mild hypos. I will be handing in my notice next week, ya girl out of there. There’s quite a few of us leaving so it’s some hot tea waiting to unfold. I’m going home soon too, so I’m very excited about that.