What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. It's back. :)
I have an appointment with the management of the apartment building week after next and I hope they will give me a floor plan and show me an apartment. Based on Internet photos I've seen there will be room for a double bed. I don't need anything bigger; I'm also considering a twin bed; I've slept with cats before in one ... might be big enough for the KittenCat ...

51WT7ke8xFL_ca986faa-cd3b-4dca-8add-65a5e2cf62ed_300x300.jpg
Oh thats helpful you might be able to figure out whether you can fit your mama’s desk too. Great pillows btw.

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @PenguinMum

Yes...
View attachment 38410
I spoke to someone else today who had received an order from China through the post a few days ago...and they too...
View attachment 38411
Tbh I dont blame you. I noted that Dr on YouTube yesterday suggested you could only catch it by being within a certain space of someone infected who were spreading droplets. But then the number of new cases on the cruise ship has rocketed today though the first gentleman has long left the ship so it must be living on surfaces. The real issue is even the medics and scientists are still scratching their heads. I heard on the BBC today the earliest a vaccine might be available is likely to be the start of 2021.
Hope Popeye is still doing good and getting used to the “new arrangements”.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Within this thread of general chat, while many members have indeed been wonderful, kind & courteous nevertheless :

I feel harassed

Foolishly naive

Without a voice

Regarded as irrelevant

Very unhappy

I am sure these were some of the reasons the Forum Community was founded.

Before it’s suggested

I have let the mod staff know

I have waived anonymity to allow BDA to contact me directly. I was feeling deeply distressed, not a state an epileptic, recovering ABI diabetic in her 50’s can afford to be involved with.

So thank yous
emoji253.png
emoji253.png
emoji171.png
to the kind and pleasant members.

Shame I let this annoy me, but in here is supposed to make us ALL feel safe.

I'm sorry you feel that way.
I enjoy reading your posts.
Thank you for posting about Wolf mattresses. I had never heard of them until this past year, and was surprised to learn that they've been around for over a century. I never heard of them growing up, just plenty of other brands, e.g., Simmons, Sealy, and Stearns & Foster. Maybe they just weren't in my area of the country before the Internet; maybe they were local to their own region. Who knows?

352-3528336_lamb-clipart-sheep-flock-wolf-and-lamb-cartoon.png

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 5.0 today - Book him Danno! Up early to take granddaughters to school. I am off with their mum later this afternoon to that there London for a show tomorrow. (Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - its 2 shows actually and you have to watch them the same day or on consecutive days, really looking forward to it)
@ianpspurs I quickly scanned this thread late last night and spotted your post about your lost wedding ring. That’s fantastic, and must be a good omen. Hope everything goes well today.
Have a great day everyone.

Sorry @DJC3 , busy morning...... then a nap..:rolleyes:;)

"So it gives me great pleasure to announce the Winner of the McGarrett award for "Best up and coming FBG, is..... @DJC3 "
book him Dano, & boogie on....

Reactions: HarryBeau

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, I can. And I think your St Valentine's Day idea is a very good one -- perhaps something Mrs Trick could give to Trick60 as a first Valentine for them? :D
I feel that I’ve missed something here

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Y'all, I hope this doesn't offend any of you. It took me by surprise when I was innocently browsing Kindle books on amazon.com, and it made me laugh out loud. And there are even more editions of it on amazon.co.uk than on amazon.com :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prick-Diar..._5?keywords=prick+diary&qid=1581096557&sr=8-5

hahaha..i thought that was the another of the Wicked willies type books..:hilarious:
(* do NOT seacrh on-line IF easily offended.)

On another small note..Kindle lover here., btw)

i look at a site called Hotdealsuk, a sort of best offers website
useful for some things..BUT it DOES have a very good listing for EBOOK..(Look THAT up NOT. Ebooks or any derivative)

Lots of free examples for top books, at zero or 99p.($1) prices..

Selection DO go back up pretty quickly, so you have to browse often or you miss some crackers

sci fi fool here, read many but to have again on the Kindle for free..priceless...(;):D)
is very nice

And a raft of books that i heard of and should have given a go

recent examples.

Asimov foundation books 5****
1984 5****
animal farm 5****

legend..4****,,..Omega man filum ,
Charlton heston..worth trying to find...far better then will smiths version

the Rats..read back in school
the road..always intending to read or see film..hard slog though i am told
max Hastings Armageddon..i like max, gets good reviews
fear and loathing in las vegas..heard of not read, ( have read his books on the Angels ..liked)

and many more, all sorts all genres..Might be worth a hit
(not sure if location bound, but a VPN will let you browse from overseas if that applies.)

And many more self help, food, etc

:)

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A little late @ianpspurs .. but i hope the Move went as smoothly as possible..hope you got the kettle on by now and sat chilling for five minutes.

Might be a good idea around about NOW..to check Julie arrived safely..:)

If NOT... then i'd suggest checking ALL the unopened packages and Boxes,
paying SPECIAL attention to the ones with Muffled cries..;)

(*Ps....Caution on opening ....stand WELL BACK :wideyed: )

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tbh I dont blame you. I noted that Dr on YouTube yesterday suggested you could only catch it by being within a certain space of someone infected who were spreading droplets. But then the number of new cases on the cruise ship has rocketed today though the first gentleman has long left the ship so it must be living on surfaces. The real issue is even the medics and scientists are still scratching their heads. I heard on the BBC today the earliest a vaccine might be available is likely to be the start of 2021.
Hope Popeye is still doing good and getting used to the “new arrangements”.

I did post some info on this a couple days ago. But here is the actual study itself from 2010 explaining that it can last 28 days on metal surfaces.

If you only read the abstract you will get the gist of the study, but there is more info in the rest of the study.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2863430/

Don't laugh but I practised today while I was out to not touch metal. I failed miserably, even though I was trying to consciously not to touch metal surfaces. How on Earth do I open a shop door? The shop toilet presented difficulties. I did very well, using wipes to touch everything, until without thinking I opened the toilet door to leave which was a metal handle and my finger tips touched the metal handle. Everything is metal...I only have fingerless support gloves. I need to get some gloves that cover the whole of my hands....

Popeye is adjusting very well to the new routines and arrangements. Thanks for asking.

I hope your two angels are doing well as well!

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you kind sir, I do try, but this dastardly Dx doesn't half give me the runaround.

Reactions: SaskiaKC