Wow I can hardly believe it

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In 12 months I have reduced my weight from 211 lbs to 147lbs. My Hba1c from 78 to 35. I am now off all meds.
I was very carb addicted and a chocoholic. I have lost my sweet tooth.
I have just completer a 72 hour fast. If you had told me 12 months ago I could have managed 3 days without food I would have laughed I rarely went 3 hours without eating.
I have not received any help really from the practice nurse in fact I would go as far as to say that she has been rather obstructive.
I would like to thank all those on this forum for all of the help freely given to the confused newly diagnosed searching for some way forward. I benifited from the combined wisdom of many of you and have learned so much about type 2 and other issues cholesterol, fasting insulin resistance.
So once again a huge thank you to you all.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Way to go @Bildad ! Very well done! Keep up the good work to maintain success despite the lack of support from your HCPs.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
WOW! Just WOW! you must feel on top of the world. Those numbers are phenomenal. Well done. Thanks for sharing.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In 12 months I have reduced my weight from 211 lbs to 147lbs. My Hba1c from 78 to 35. I am now off all meds.
I have just completer a 72 hour fast. If you had told me 12 months ago I could have managed 3 days without food I would have laughed I rarely went 3 hours without eating.
I have not received any help really from the practice nurse in fact I would go as far as to say that she has been rather obstructive.
I would like to thank all those on this forum for all of the help freely given to the confused newly diagnosed searching for some way forward. I benifited from the combined wisdom of many of you and have learned so much about type 2 and other issues cholesterol, fasting insulin resistance.
WHOOP WHOOP....BRILLIANT STUFF.

And One in the eye for the DN, to boot.

well done you..you must be very proud of your resolve and discipline..and rightly so.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Fantastic, you are a winner for sure. I bet your over the moon abut it.

M

Member496333

Fabulous work @Bildad. Well done. Nothing quite like taking back control of your health and wellbeing after a diagnosis that can sometimes feel like the End of Days. It's enlightening, uplifting and life changing.

There's also a certain childish sense of smug satisfaction (or maybe that's just me :shifty:) when you do it against all the best advice of your healthcare team;

burns-excellent.gif

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well done @Bildad ..keep it going....

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great result and how about sharing your story at your surgery. It is probably a story that they don't usually hear and other diabetics may want to know there is another way.
Well done! (geddit?)
images

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You did all the work, and did it well!!! Congrats. :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great success, @Bildad . Well done.
Stick around, keep posting, it encourages others.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done indeed.. taking control can be a very empowering experience.
You have hopefully set yourself up for a much healthier you in future.