Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
11.3 this morning. Feel like **** ☹️
Do you need to see your GP? How are you? I’m worried about you.

OK, today you’re 11.3, that’s high, sure, but only in January you were 17.9! That’s quite a success, and kinda mirrors my control. If you wish, give us some more background: Meds and HBA1C etc.

Reactions: bigjim19

Makalalee

Hiya
My metaformin was increased last week from 1 to 2 tablets (500mg each). Although they are the slow release they are upsetting my tummy. 4 toilet dashes in 1 hour so not going to work today. Just feel a bit overwhelmed at the moment with it all

Do you need to see your GP? How are you? I’m worried about you.

OK, today you’re 11.3, that’s high, sure, but only in January you were 17.9! That’s quite a success, and kinda mirrors my control. If you wish, give us some more background: Meds and HBA1C etc.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
8.3 - Why? Because yesterday I had had an evening meal of a Bowl SpagBol AND 12 noon lunch of scrambled eggs on a delicious Bagel. However, during the day, and after 18 hour fast I registered 5.3. My Levels ARE erratic, but I know that during today they will come down. And yet again, I’m starting to get the real measure of these ZombieCarbosteins.

I now know HOW I can get spikes and that I’m no longer in sheer terror or a panic. I hope this helps others.