What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good to see the numbers going down and hopefully the dentist will solve the troublesome mouth issue. I am sure solving the mouth mystery will be a blessed relief. Take care.
Thank you, @ianpspurs. The dentist says my teeth are fine, just sensitive which was no surprise. Relieved that I didn't need any treatment other than a preventative clean and I now know there was no dental cause for my sore mouth. My diabetic review on Monday will be interesting. Arrived home to be welcomed by a strong smell of gas. Rushed to kitchen to find one of the knobs on the gas stove had accidentally been turned on. All clear now. Sounds like you are settling well into your new abode.:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got back.
Weather app lied. It rained.
So I needed my orange poncho on my mobility scooter...
Was a good morning.
Got everything I set out to find.
Second hand bookshops. Bought old maps. Bought old books. And bought about two hundred old postcards (sorted through hundreds)...a very good selection, and some antique stamps on then...the shop guy said they would have more soon...

The shop guy talked to me about his youth (?). I was very clever in primary school he said, and they didn't know what to do with me, so they sent me to the library where I read every book he told me. But I didn't know what to do then, so I opened up an atlas, and saw all the countries of the world, and I made a vow. The vow was I would speak to 11 people of different religions from every country of the world. That was my goal he said. Apparently he had spoken to people from all the countries of the world with 11 different religions from each country, bar one religion in one country. Then, last year, he saw a family while waiting at a bus stop in Chester. He approached them, asked their country of origin, then asked them their religion, and finally he had achieved his childhood goal. Why 11 I asked? Eleven people in a football team, he replied.....

In bed now with cat and electric blanket. I am chilled to the bone in this bitter wind.
But going out first thing this morning the traffic was unusually aggressive...but I can hold my own...

Don't you wish for the halcyon days of driving when you first learnt to drive?
Here is a taster...
Have a read of the comments too

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, everyone. :) FBS 7.2 this morning; outside temperature 1 degree. The sky is a very unusual color, something between

s-l300.jpg

and

bluebird_eggs_crop.jpg

I'd just about forgotten it could be this color.

@gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist thank you for the paintings.

@ianpspurs The Mutt and Mattock would be a great name for a paint-and-sip session if I were the one doing the painting and sipping. It would describe my efforts very well.

@HarryBeau hugs for you, and hoping your cold will go away. I asked the KittenCat if she would like to work with Charlie and Lola on a Nursing For Cats course; she replied that it would be a little too much like having a kindle of grandkittens for the day ... I did ask, though.

@jjraak Your new boss sounds like a good guy.

@ianpspurs Greetings from Southeast America to Farther East America. I will have to spend some time today with Titus; it's been too long. Thank you for posting the verses.

Happy Weekend Eve, everyone. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got back.
Weather app lied. It rained.
So I needed my orange poncho on my mobility scooter...
Was a good morning.
Got everything I set out to find.
Second hand bookshops. Bought old maps. Bought old books. And bought about two hundred old postcards (sorted through hundreds)...a very good selection, and some antique stamps on then...the shop guy said they would have more soon...

The shop guy talked to me about his youth (?). I was very clever in primary school he said, and they didn't know what to do with me, so they sent me to the library where I read every book he told me. But I didn't know what to do then, so I opened up an atlas, and saw all the countries of the world, and I made a vow. The vow was I would speak to 11 people of different religions from every country of the world. That was my goal he said. Apparently he had spoken to people from all the countries of the world with 11 different religions from each country, bar one religion in one country. Then, last year, he saw a family while waiting at a bus stop in Chester. He approached them, asked their country of origin, then asked them their religion, and finally he had achieved his childhood goal. Why 11 I asked? Eleven people in a football team, he replied.....

In bed now with cat and electric blanket. I am chilled to the bone in this bitter wind.
But going out first thing this morning the traffic was unusually aggressive...but I can hold my own...

Don't you wish for the halcyon days of driving when you first learnt to drive?
Here is a taster...
Have a read of the comments too

Brilliant road trip! Thank you for posting that. :) I also enjoyed reading about your visit to the bookshop, and the man's story.
I would like to get a mobility scooter after I move.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mostly black bears, although grizzly's were seen at the garbage dump on occasion. I just thought if there were bears around a ground floor flat with a glass door would not be the ideal choice for me. We used to get up on a morning and the garbage bags would be torn apart with rubbish strewn around. Much better to be up a level.

Videoed on the highway to Grande Cache, where I used to live.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=grande+cache+bears&view=detail&mid=BD5EC69A385C9FCE754FBD5EC69A385C9FCE754F&FORM=VIRE

Unfortunately the Grande Cache site says the bear videos are no longer available. But you make a very good point about bears and ground-floor apartments! Another good reason for hoping for an upper-level one. Actually I would like to be on the top floor, both for views and for the lack of any upstairs noisy neighbors. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, everyone. :) FBS 7.2 this morning; outside temperature 1 degree. The sky is a very unusual color, something between

s-l300.jpg

and

bluebird_eggs_crop.jpg

I'd just about forgotten it could be this color.

@gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist thank you for the paintings.

@ianpspurs The Mutt and Mattock would be a great name for a paint-and-sip session if I were the one doing the painting and sipping. It would describe my efforts very well.

@HarryBeau hugs for you, and hoping your cold will go away. I asked the KittenCat if she would like to work with Charlie and Lola on a Nursing For Cats course; she replied that it would be a little too much like having a kindle of grandkittens for the day ... I did ask, though.

@jjraak Your new boss sounds like a good guy.

@ianpspurs Greetings from Southeast America to Farther East America. I will have to spend some time today with Titus; it's been too long. Thank you for posting the verses.

Happy Weekend Eve, everyone. :)

I think that is ice crystals in the sky @SaskiaKC , the nearer it is to duck egg blue...
And thank you for the painting compliment.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
She is such a sensible cat Saskia...I'm on the Lemsip Max with a little hot toddy here & there...covered in Vicks Vapour Rub the heating & the fire are on...just a quick tidy then it's onto the sofa for a feet up afternoon and a little snooze.
Sounds just right do the kittens join you and snuggle up? I hope you dont get called out over the weekend, at least tomorrow, so you have a chance to get better.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately the Grande Cache site says the bear videos are no longer available. But you make a very good point about bears and ground-floor apartments! Another good reason for hoping for an upper-level one. Actually I would like to be on the top floor, both for views and for the lack of any upstairs noisy neighbors. :)
I hope you get a flat with a balcony high up. How many floors does the building have? I think it would be lovely to be up at tree level in nice sunny weather.

Reactions: jjraak

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
3.2! New libre sensor and obviously didn't give it enough time bedding in before activating it! But looking ok now towards end of the day.

To give you a laugh:
Sitting in the new car this morning. I thought I'd had some sort of an accident. until I realised it has heated seats :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200221-115034_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200221-115034_Facebook.jpg
    975.6 KB · Views: 272

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Titus, as always. awaits patiently. Took in a parcel for neighbours and delivered it this morning. Lovely young lady called Bleah with a toddler called Constantine - gorgeous names. We have your compatriots on both sides. Seems they have wreaths on the door all year round (threw me a little initially thinking how long have I slept for?) - is that common?

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do hope you get an upper level apartment with a lovely balcony. Hopefully you won't have too long to wait as it sounds like a lovely place to live.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope you get a flat with a balcony high up. How many floors does the building have? I think it would be lovely to be up at tree level in nice sunny weather.

The building has 5 floors. I do love living up high, because of the view and the quiet and relative privacy. But then I remember the convenience of living on a lower floor that has direct access to the outdoors. No waiting for the elevator!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do hope you get an upper level apartment with a lovely balcony. Hopefully you won't have too long to wait as it sounds like a lovely place to live.

Thank you. :) I have a feeling that I really need to get going on downsizing and throwing out. I've done a lot this year so far but now that the countdown has actually begun I need make sure I will be ready to load and go when I get the word. I will have to give a months' notice here, but I know from past moves that 30 days on notice can seem more like 30 minutes!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Titus, as always. awaits patiently. Took in a parcel for neighbours and delivered it this morning. Lovely young lady called Bleah with a toddler called Constantine - gorgeous names. We have your compatriots on both sides. Seems they have wreaths on the door all year round (threw me a little initially thinking how long have I slept for?) - is that common?

Yes, for some people it's common. I don't know why. I saw a wreath on the front door of a house just the other day, and for a minute I was confused -- It's not Christmas ... is it Easter? No ... Thanksgiving? No ... Oh, well ...
I guess they just like the decoration, and maybe it helps visitors identify their house if the house number isn't visible from the street?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
3.2! New libre sensor and obviously didn't give it enough time bedding in before activating it! But looking ok now towards end of the day.
To give you a laugh:
Sitting in the new car this morning. I thought I'd had some sort of an accident. until I realised it has heated seats :)

I enjoyed reading about food in the Fifties. :)