What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I know I should be in bed, but I'm not!

Interesting day as family at the nod of a head and the blink of an eye grew from 3 granddaughters to 3 granddaughters and 3 potentiomal grandsons, phew what a shock to the system, I now know what a boxing referee feels like. :joyful:

Wildlife Centre Visit was great, did all the nature trails, learnt that a Peregrine Falcon can fly at 200 mph, played lots of silly games, sword fights, wizards, pirates, home made boat races on the stream all whilst negotiating the flood plains of the river Trent. I also have three fans seen below...
IMG_2634.JPG

@DJC3 these are the three creators of the snow drops art. Thank you for the compliment I will pass it on.

@jjraak I see what you mean about Mount Fuji but the inspiration for the painting came from @Ryhia mentioning Canadian Bears. Your job interview seemed to go well, fingers crossed. Oh, I gave up years ago trying to convince Mrs MC which car we should buy, non of the ones I wanted met the criteria, leather heated seats and the subdued dash lighting of exactly the right tone and colour. Although Mrs MC did discover a Sports Gear Box and Suspension option in a car about 3 cars back so all cars since have had to have those options also.

@Ryhia I will try and finish the painting Saturday, that's today where does time go? But Muddy Cycle Ride first.

@dogslife hug for discomfort but at least you knowteeth and gums OK, hope you improve quickly.

@Debandez when you posted 'I got a warm fuzzy feeling reading this post.' Were you still sat on that new cars heated seat.

@ianpspurs you mentioned your neighbours decorating doors with Wreaths. Our next door neighbour is Canadian and changes Wreathes every season, maybe it's a season thing.

3am this is crazy must go to bed.

BG now 5.5 lets see what Dawn delivers.

Reactions: DJC3 and HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a 128Gb USB stick that I use for secondary data backup. Currently, it has around 37,000 electronic novels on it which only total 5Gb. So I'd say 'yes', a modern USB is capable as a backup option.

This is the one I use
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ultra-Flair-Flash-Drive/dp/B015CH1PJU/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3PELAY2TJWAPA&keywords=128gb+usb&qid=1582266347&s=digital-text&sprefix=128gb+usb,digital-text,179&sr=8-4

edit: forgot the important bit. FBG at 6.2 this morning :)
Thanks very much for the info

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
out to see potential boss yesterday.
meet in pub he said, we'll have a drink and discuss the role etc
fine, see you there at 1pm

7 pm arrive home..:wacky:

Think i'm going to like this boss..:D

a slight hangover, and just took a look outside and the weather seems to be a balmy 5.8 on the BG Richter scale...:happy:

A few tasks today, rain looks to be holding off here for today and winds good until this evening.

@Debandez ...Liking the assistants you took on, they both look very bright and attentive,
going to be a real asset to you long term..think you might have to watch the little un, heard they can be slightly bossy..;)

and @karen8967 ..love the wording on that poem, so spot on.
must save it so i can re-read on those days that don't :rolleyes: go as planned....:)

@Muddy Cyclist & @gennepher ..with you now talking of art classes, and @Debandez in teacher mode, are we on the way to having our own 'Thread' academy :bookworm:..?..

i think if we look hard enough we might even find a headmaster, if one's needed..:D

( i hope they allow talking at the back..:bag:;) )

Have a good un all

Another here here pasted . I saved Karen's poem too. Shared it on my fb as very inspirational. @dunelm for Headmaster.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What is your new car like? Is it fun to drive? :)

Meet 'Anna'. Eric wanted her to be called Elsa (from Frozen!). But I said Anna (not only from frozen but my dear mums name). A lovely white white too if you know what I mean. Not only 50 shades of grey these days.

She is identical to our past 3 cars but newer. We love the drive she gives but also the space. Used as a van when we have projects on.

Found this amazing cheese yesterday in Sainsburys. Made my omelette even more delicious. Sharing the love.

Attachments

• 20200220_152427_resized_1.jpg
    20200220_152427_resized_1.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 236
  • 20200221_102027_resized.jpg
    20200221_102027_resized.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 238

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do love heated seats and heated steering wheels. It is so cold in the winter when I finish work at 9pm it is so lovely to get warm quickly.

My husband was really shocked when I chose a car just because it had a heated steering wheel and seats. He commented that I hadn't even asked what the engine size was.

I think some American can manufacturer needs to invent a cooled steering wheel. I have never heard of a heated one before, but many many times I have gotten into a car in the summertime only to have the steering wheel too hot to touch. Modern padded steering wheels are only slightly less hot than the older hard ones. :(

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do love heated seats and heated steering wheels. It is so cold in the winter when I finish work at 9pm it is so lovely to get warm quickly.

My husband was really shocked when I chose a car just because it had a heated steering wheel and seats. He commented that I hadn't even asked what the engine size was.
I choose for the colour regardless of how many wheels it has or if it even has an engine ;-)

Reactions: Ryhia and SaskiaKC

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Interesting day as family at the nod of a head and the blink of an eye grew from 3 granddaughters to 3 granddaughters and 3 potentiomal grandsons, phew what a shock to the system, I now know what a boxing referee feels like. :joyful:

Wildlife Centre Visit was great, did all the nature trails, learnt that a Peregrine Falcon can fly at 200 mph, played lots of silly games, sword fights, wizards, pirates, home made boat races on the stream all whilst negotiating the flood plains of the river Trent. I also have three fans seen below...
View attachment 38812

@DJC3 these are the three creators of the snow drops art. Thank you for the compliment I will pass it on.

@jjraak I see what you mean about Mount Fuji but the inspiration for the painting came from @Ryhia mentioning Canadian Bears. Your job interview seemed to go well, fingers crossed. Oh, I gave up years ago trying to convince Mrs MC which car we should buy, non of the ones I wanted met the criteria, leather heated seats and the subdued dash lighting of exactly the right tone and colour. Although Mrs MC did discover a Sports Gear Box and Suspension option in a car about 3 cars back so all cars since have had to have those options also.

@Ryhia I will try and finish the painting Saturday, that's today where does time go? But Muddy Cycle Ride first.

@dogslife hug for discomfort but at least you knowteeth and gums OK, hope you improve quickly.

@Debandez when you posted 'I got a warm fuzzy feeling reading this post.' Were you still sat on that new cars heated seat.

@ianpspurs you mentioned your neighbours decorating doors with Wreaths. Our next door neighbour is Canadian and changes Wreathes every season, maybe it's a season thing.

GM 03:38...
Secret Mission. the LOO.
Primary Objective. get to loo in shortest time possible
Secondary Mission to do that WITHOUT waking the missus.

03:30 success..Loo has been stormed..Little or No resistance.
Moving back to Location ONE.

MISSION ABORT..ABORT....Enemy contact..:woot::***::***::***:

SITREP: Ambushed by cat on way back from loo for cuddles and/or food.
Currently under house arrest and being checked very 'Closely' :wideyed: for Contraband,
by the head Honcho of the Furry Militia.

YES, Of Course i broke ..who wouldn't under that kind of INTENSE questioning
yep, Folded like a cheap deck of cards.
Showed him were the 'Stash; was but he already KNEW that..:wideyed:
( Think Base security has been compromised.... :woot:)

Gave him a little snack,..then thought "just one QUICK look..perhaps.."..FATAL. Schoolboy error
Blue light kills the sleepy gene stone dead..(well almost ;))

So now kettle on, tea brewing.

night all...:)

Reactions: karen8967

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Meet 'Anna'. Eric wanted her to be called Elsa (from Frozen!). But I said Anna (not only from frozen but my dear mums name). A lovely white white too if you know what I mean. Not only 50 shades of grey these days.

She is identical to our past 3 cars but newer. We love the drive she gives but also the space. Used as a van when we have projects on.

Found this amazing cheese yesterday in Sainsburys. Made my omelette even more delicious. Sharing the love.

Anna is lovely! Thank you for posting her picture. :) The name "Anna" has family associations for me too.
The cheese is making me hungry. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 38812

That sounds one amazing day with the grandkids @Muddy Cyclist
I absolutely love the portrait of them with the fans!!!
Brilliant!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice ..:D

He's a deffo a keeper, stays sane even though lovely as you are, it must be torment for him...
(my sincere sympathies to Mr K :bag:)

and not picking on you, @Krystyna23040 ..it's an epidemic
this is just one of many, many i have observed..
that just shows the divide between men and women.

and it's not just here, i observe this on many other forum threads..NO WOMEN EVER mentions WHAT car it is first..WHY NOT ?

FIRST WORLD TOPIC amongst men..what car you got.." it's a vauxhall, volvo, vollkswagen, bmw, ford, etc etc etc."..then it's onto the gadgetrs and then, maybe, just maybe colour of it

here it's like a cross between charades and listening to the wife....:banghead:

" oh did i tell you so & so's bought her daughter a new car"
"Of really..how lovely, what is it."
"ooh i can't remember.. it's BLUE if that helps.....and pretty "

"No not really..any idea of the make maybe, ..what year is it, perhaps....?."
"Not sure, but i know it's one of those ones that has that Bluetooth camera thing..and a dash cam radio "

"Hon, ..hon, where you gone....??/ "..as she hears the front door gently close
as i leave the house, screaming quietly into the night air...:banghead::banghead:.:rolleyes:

Yes i know @HarryBeau , you do know your onions,...:D

Btw, if Mr K wants to join my men's self help group, get him to call me..
waiting list is waaaayy long, obviously
but i'll happily put him on it..:)

;)
Dont read my last post! You will need the Kleenex!!!

Reactions: gennepher

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Secret Mission. the LOO.

Currently under house arrest and being checked very 'Closely' :wideyed: for Contraband,

Gave him a little snack,..then thought "just one QUICK look..perhaps.."..FATAL. Schoolboy error

Copy that, LOO 1, now I know the problem in my own home. It's the blue "off" light on the TV.
It rouses the KittenCat from slumber and makes her think she is hungry.
I hate getting up to go to the bathroom before daylight, because almost every single time I do I wake the KittenCat, who immediately decides it is time for breakfast. She has food out round the clock, but of course none of it will do at a quarter to dawn.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I'm watching this like a hawk. So sad for China. Wuhan especially as the epicentre and so many infected. I watch videos on twitter and find what I'm seeing and hearing very worrying. Let's hope they get a handle on this 'virus' quickly. Outside China cruise ships particularly vulnerable I feel. Hoping the next month sees it disappear as fast as it came.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Secret Mission. the LOO.

V. Funny. Make me a cuppa too please, I'm joining you on this mission impossible You really should apply for MI5 job. You have ALL the terminology under your belt so a great start. 'The name is James.....James Bond'. If you can say this in the voice of Sean Connery you've clinched it!

That said, I like the sound of your potential new boss, like their style. Pub interview!

EDIT: no sugar in my tea thanks I'm diabetic and sweet enough ;-)