Saving the planet

D

Deleted member 308541

When you come to think of it the UK will freeze and starve in the dark if all of this doom and gloom comes to pass.

There is no manufacturing industry left, all of the great ship builders that were in Scotland and NI all gone. Aircraft made by great British manufacturers all gone.
Cars and trucks gone, the girl at the club has just bought a MG it's made in China.
Coal mines are gone, North sea oil and gas will be gone.
Probably go on for other industries but whatever.

Now you want to shaft the farmer as well.

So last one out of the UK turn out the light if there is one burning... :meh:

Edit: put in a :meh:

Last edited by a moderator:

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
All UK airports must close by 2050 for the country to reach its target of net zero climate emissions by then, scientists say.
Because electric or zero-emission aircraft cannot be developed in time, most British airports will need to close by the end of this decade, and all flying will have to stop by 2050 until non-polluting versions are available.
Electrification of surface transport, rail and road, needs to be rapid, with the phasing out of all development of petrol and diesel cars immediately. Even if all private cars are electric, the amount of traffic will have to fall to 60% of 2020 levels by 2050, and all cars will have to be smaller.
https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wor...ports-must-shut-to-reach-2050-climate-target/

The lunatics really have taken over the asylum and got the public at large on board their sinking ship!

Reactions: zand

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When you come to think of it the UK will freeze and starve in the dark if all of this doom and gloom comes to pass.

There is no manufacturing industry left, all of the great ship builders that were in Scotland and NI all gone. Aircraft made by great British manufacturers all gone.
Cars and trucks gone, the girl at the club has just bought a MG it's made in China.
Coal mines are gone, North sea oil and gas will be gone.
Probably go on for other industries but whatever.

Now you want to shaft the farmer as well.

So last one out of the UK turn out the light if there is one burning... :meh:

Edit: put in a :meh:

Coal mines?
Lol, I saw a more in depth report a few nights ago? suggesting the reopening of a mine that was closed in the 80s & rejuvenating the deprived area..
All done in a carbon nuteral way of course.. ;)

I did find a breif summary on YouTube.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Coal mines?
Lol, I saw a more in depth report a few nights ago? suggesting the reopening of a mine that was closed in the 80s & rejuvenating the deprived area..
All done in a carbon nuteral way of course.. ;)

I did find a breif summary on YouTube.

Coal ia an important source of many minerals used in the medicinal and chemical industries. It also provides the coke for use in the Haber Bosch process for making ammonia and fertilizer. If it is being opened to supply heating and power then it is not being used properly, but it is a very useful commodity in many ways, and some mining should continue. NB The largest coal fired power station and the most modern was Drax in Yorkshire, whixh has been reborn again as a biomass burner, It still produces GHG bu now the sources are renewable, and not fossil fuels.

Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The UN say the population will stabilise and then start dropping in around twenty years maybe thirty.
We can feed a dozen planet earths maybe more and there's plenty of coal oil and gas to go around yet.

Hi, yeah.
Feed this dozen earths with what?
Is the focus seems souly on the human race? (Some of which have had problems filling the bowl as it is.?
Even regarding the vegan movement & extiction rebellion.
Or is a little reforestation & sanctuary for endangered species taken into consideration too?
Lol, ok, so we won't get the Dodo back.

There is a conscious movement to save "spaceship Earth." & fixing the hole in the sky.
But there appears little thought regarding the critters just tagging along for the ride..
Some of which were masters of the "life support" department, before a bulldozer came crashing through.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In post '37 of this thrad I noted that there was not much interest in the severe pollution given out by cargo shipping and that there seemed o be no moves to reduce it.

seems I was not 100% correct in that, Correct about the pollution, but there is hope on the horizon
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51548361

However, getting enough ammonia may be a deterrent. Storing it is also a challenge. Especially since same fertilizer will be needed to feed the soyabean industry too. But they can use Glyphosate instead, I suppose?

During the two world wars, there was a similar shortage of ammonia, and also of phosphorus which was urgently required for munitions and matches, They solved this by altering the plumbing in the gents in pubs, and collecting the water of life as it fell. This fulfilled all our needs, and we spent our pennies wisely. No doubt a similar scheme could be employed in light of the current emergency. However the projected 10 million diabetics in the uk may present a problem with the added glucose which was not a problem 60 years ago.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Hi, yeah.
Feed this dozen earths with what?
Is the focus seems souly on the human race? (Some of which have had problems filling the bowl as it is.?
Even regarding the vegan movement & extiction rebellion.
Or is a little reforestation & sanctuary for endangered species taken into consideration too?
Lol, ok, so we won't get the Dodo back.

There is a conscious movement to save "spaceship Earth." & fixing the hole in the sky.
But there appears little thought regarding the critters just tagging along for the ride..
Some of which were masters of the "life support" department, before a bulldozer came crashing through.
Remember butter beef lamb chicken pork mountains?
Wine and milk lakes?
This stuff was dumped or burned 24/7 for years and some estimate we could have fed twenty planet earths but our monetary system .... capitalism can't cope with an abundance so it had to be destroyed to keep prices up and the system going.
We ended up having to pay for the land to grow nothing and still do so thirty years later.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
The other creatures is not to do with climate change but pollution.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Remember butter beef lamb chicken pork mountains?
Wine and milk lakes?
This stuff was dumped or burned 24/7 for years and some estimate we could have fed twenty planet earths but our monetary system .... capitalism can't cope with an abundance so it had to be destroyed to keep prices up and the system going.
We ended up having to pay for the land to grow nothing and still do so thirty years later.

Now you mention it. I do remember. Destroyed instead of giving to the poor. ;)

Capitalism at its most ugly.

The other creatures is not to do with climate change but pollution.

Pollution can be attributed.. But to paraphrase the chorus in the song "Big yellow taxi." Take paradise, put up a book shelf too?
I was thinking more removal of habitat..

... & selling it in "Habitat?"

Reactions: JTL

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Now you mention it. I do remember. Destroyed instead of giving to the poor. ;)

Capitalism at its most ugly.

Pollution can be attributed.. But to paraphrase the chorus in the song "Big yellow taxi." Take paradise, put up a book shelf too?
I was thinking more removal of habitat..

... & selling it in "Habitat?"
Had a drink of hot chocolate a few weeks back and said to my wife there's an unpleasant oilt test to this.
Had a look at the ingredients list .... palm oil.
Why?
Lot of habitat destroyed to make something taste worse!
Been fine the last hundred years without.
Why oh why do they suddenly put palm oil in drinking chocolate?

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a drink of hot chocolate a few weeks back and said to my wife there's an unpleasant oilt test to this.
Had a look at the ingredients list .... palm oil.
Why?
Lot of habitat destroyed to make something taste worse!
Been fine the last hundred years without.
Why oh why do they suddenly put palm oil in drinking chocolate?
https://www.choc-affair.com/news/palm-oil-alternatives-in-the-chocolate-industry/
Palm oil is a major ingredient of modern dairy free products aimed at the vegan market, Icecream, dairy cream in cakes, soft cheeze such as Quark and in childrens yoghurts. Unfortunate;y it is reported that any plausible alternative oil product would require around 9x more land and more water to cultivate to give the same amount of oil. They are experimenting with some genetically altered Rape, but these too are not land or energy efficient to produce,

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4834613/

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I have read stuff since the seventies about the plans for globalisation as directed by the Rockefeller family and the other usual suspects.
The banning of all religion but a new globalist religion.
The forcing of everyone into super cities on meat free diets.
One world government where the world is basically owned by the international bankers.
The Club of Rome is a good starting point with their plans for ten kingdoms and six currencies in the world.
You can jump on it as being NEW WORLD ORDER conspiracy theory but I'm watching it all unfold.
Part of the super city life is now coming into view with an all electric life where people will no longer travel .... not us ordinary plebs anyway.
The meat free diet is just over the horizon .... but not for the elite of course who will continue to eat whatever they like wherever the fancy takes them .... only essential journeys of course ..... millions of people are falling into line like good brainwashed manipulated controlled proles.
It's quite disturbing how it has all slowly come into view.
Pass me a tinfoil hat I don't mind.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have read stuff since the seventies about the plans for globalisation as directed by the Rockefeller family and the other usual suspects.
One world government where the world is basically owned by the international bankers.
The Club of Rome is a good starting point with their plans for ten kingdoms and six currencies in the world.
You can jump on it as being NEW WORLD ORDER conspiracy theory but I'm watching it all unfold.
Part of the super city life is now coming into view with an all electric life where people will no longer travel .... not us ordinary plebs anyway.
The meat free diet is just over the horizon .... but not for the elite of course who will continue to eat whatever they like wherever the fancy takes them .... only essential journeys of course ..... millions of people are falling into line like good brainwashed manipulated controlled proles.
Here come the Illuminati. Interesting you mention Rockefeller. He was a member of the Seventh Day Adventists, as was Wm Kellogg, and also the family behind the Wellcome Trust, I believe. Now we really are touching on conspiracy theory. Oooops! Think this will derail if we go down this path. It will not save th planet that way.

Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Oh, 'ello!?

I've read this stuff too. Weren't the Rothschilds involved somewhere, funding wars on both sides.?
I've got a real tin hat hanging up in the garage from one of "those wars."

Say no more..

D

Deleted member 308541

the girl at the club has just bought a MG it's made in China.
Here's a pix of the MG that is now made in China.

UTcMQKI.jpg

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well JTL all that you have put on here was not really what I asked yours should have been a different thread..
I was interested in what people were doing if they wanted to be more friendly to the environment like changing their diets in some way, trying to use less plastics and more friendly household cleaners etc

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I shall continue doing what I have always done. Re-use, repair and recycle. I just wish everything could be repaired. I hate todays throwaway society.

Congrats on your great grandchild @Pinkorchid . I have a grandson and when he comes to me for the day he uses the highchair that I bought for his daddy over 30 years ago and the rocking chair my parents bought for me 60 years ago.

I try to be green in the cleaning products I use. I won't be eating less meat as I don't believe that producing meat in the way we do here in the UK is harmful to the planet.

It's the problem with plastic pollution which concerns me most. I don't see any point in shops charging for plastic bags. Just ban them altogether.

Reactions: lindisfel