What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 after Indian takeaway (no rice or bread) but thats ok.
So much going on here since I slept. @Muddy Cyclist lovely to hear about your day of fun with the girls and noted you have welcomed boys into your fold and yes a referee is a good idea. @gennepher thank you for the beautiful painting, the colours are fabulous. @Debandez lovely new car and wishing you and Eric many happy drives. My Polo is now approaching 5th birthday which is the oldest one I’ve had but hey its going fine though does need a new cam belt soon. I do very little mileage now compared to when the boys were young. @HarryBeau distant hug for the lurgy though I do think you are showing it who’s boss. It would be great if you didnt get called out today. Fingers xxd.
@SaskiaKC you were up very late. In Ireland up until I left in ‘83 when there was a death in the family a “black crepe” was placed on the front door ( by the undertaker) which was black netting with a small card announcing the death. When my mum pased in ‘16 that custom seemed to have gone. @jjraak well done on the new appointment, boss sounds a good un. The thing about Coronovirus is so much is still unknown especially how it is transmitted. They were saying you had to be in the space of someone coughing to be infected but the Diamond Princess has (excuse pun) blown that out of the water. We treated ourselves to the Boots pneumonia vac last week just to add a layer of protection as we are both 60 and have underlying conditions which we manage. If a sterile place like Singapore has a cluster out of top hotels then we should be wary.
Our own personal hygiene will be key I think.
Sorry for the verbal d..... and if I sound panicky I’m really not but just wary of the unknowns.
If I have left anyone out a shout out to you this windy Saturday. Take care out there. Stay well, stay safe.

Good idea. Flu jabs. It's certainly spreading across the globe. South Korea Italy Iran many more cases. Italy towns in lockdown! UK seems to be very blase about the whole thing sadly.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
22-02-2020
Visiting MrSlims aunt. Now on third bottle of fizz. Aunt has remembered there are dietary issues and gone to some trouble to make vegetarian spag bol for us. Dessert is fruit, meringue, ice cream and cream. Refused the meringue and ice cream, passed the grapes to son.
Cherries, blueberries and cream mmmm.
Good job HbA1c was few days ago.
MrSlims Aunt is an internationally recognised artist and one of my favourite people in the world. She is also one of the few that I am able to be entirely natural with. Maybe thats why.
Apparently it's pizza for supper.
But MrSlim asked for something different for me and I got chicken kievs with salad : ) and more sparkling wine. Can't remember the last time I drank so much.
And a wonderful time was had by all.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Will catch up later, looks like another busy day of postings...

As promised the next instalment of my painting, now finished, foreground and fallen trees added. I have included thumb nails of the two previous postings so you can see the changes...

View attachment 38836

Today after Muddy Cycle ride Mrs MC wanted to visit a winter garden at Dorothy Clive Gardens Staffordshire. The scents were heady, colours amazing, here am I amongst the Corpus.
View attachment 38839
Yes it was cold although a South Westerly.
I was expecting to see a man full of mud riding a bike ;-)
Wonderful painting, loving them all. From you and @gennepher. So talented.

Reactions: Barb McD

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning - so am back in the 5s. No doggie walk this morning as it is raining heavily (I edited this as I thought my original description would be moderated).

So have loads of time now to catch up with the posts and drink coffee before I set off to work at 9am.

Really enjoyed half term - even though it was too wet and windy to venture out much. Actually it felt very cosy and Hygge all week.

Barb McD

3.1 Temp 40.3C @ 7am

Hey folks *waves* happy Monday to you all.

Quick q - NHS. Is it worth emails/letters/even more emails when dealing with the NHS? Or should I just re-evaluate, cash in everything & go private?

Saw gastro “consultant” last Thursday & had to put on my best “I work with engineers” voice when he blithely told me my swollen, painful abdomen is registering on ultrasound as within normal parameters as he scooted his chair towards his door, telling me another “special” set of endoscopic tests (already done) had been requested, I said “poor manners, poor form, rude - and you went to Queen’s?” Pointed out I’d had three minutes of his time. He went red, answered my questions with hostility...not expecting any kind of help from that end. That was The Causeway hospital. RVH Belfast neuro/RABIU @ Musgrave, Antrim Area Hospital & satellite clinics in Ballymena, all have been a tiny bit more than purely useless to me. 8 months of trying to get help.

Just printed the forms to request my notes from the four trusts I’ve orbited - I might have to really fight here and I can say without fear of sounding a fool - I’m ready...

Rant over, steam blown, idiot pills this morning so I can rest.

Laters, cheers

B

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.1 for me. Looks horrible out there but actually the thought of going out in it with Dennis this morning isn’t filling me with gloom. My new 100% rainproof coat with warm inner lining is fabulous and I positively relish being out in the elements in it.
Dentist this arvo not looking forward to that.
Hope your week kicks off to a good start everyone.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick q - NHS. Is it worth emails/letters/even more emails when dealing with the NHS? Or should I just re-evaluate, cash in everything & go private?
Wear em down they are supposed to be there for us!
However I don't hold out much hope, I sent hundreds regarding the treatment of my poor old mom and the stock replies were always 'Sorry you are not happy with our care' then all sorts of information that improved nothing. I even had one letter which said 'Sorry you are not happy with the care given to your husband' really it was my mom. NO hope I'm afraid.

Reactions: dunelm and Barb McD

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9 at 4 am

Painting for today for my daily challenge to myself.
Not happy with it at all.

65E0F543-D99B-4453-8CE0-F9F7A3A8050D.jpeg

Acrylics Pink and purple and white, squished on to A4 paper. Left to dry.
The green and pink felt tips you can see. The Japanese fude pen for trees. And I used the white chalkboard pen to squiggle some white lines etc

Rain and wind here.
Back in bed with cat.
My mood is very low. Nothing will make me happy today. So I am going to turn electric blanket on, and go to sleep until my brain learns to behave itself...I have some rose and jasmine essential oils in my mister that is going besides my bed. I have a heated eye mask ready. I will be meditating.. Give me a couple of hours or so to turn this round. I hate wasting time being depressed. It doesn't achieve anything. I was like this yesterday, and usually after a night's sleep I can turn this round, If only the sun would shine, then that would help. But it's a uniformly grey day outside.

I will look back in when I am positive again.
Take care.
Hugs if you need them....

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9 at 4 am

View attachment 38880

The green and pink felt tips you can see. The Japanese fude pen for trees. And I used the white chalkboard pen to squiggle some white lines etc

Rain and wind here.
Back in bed with cat.
My mood is very low. Nothing will make me happy today. So I am going to turn electric blanket on, and go to sleep until my brain learns to behave itself...I have some rose and jasmine essential oils in my mister that is going besides my bed. I have a heated eye mask ready. I will be meditating.. Give me a couple of hours or so to turn this round. I hate wasting time being depressed. It doesn't achieve anything. I was like this yesterday, and usually after a night's sleep I can turn this round, If only the sun would shine, then that would help. But it's a uniformly grey day outside.

Take care.
Painting OK probably just your mood @gennepher take care find that strong, resilient, stoical you.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Still windy here (the weather) and 5.8 which is acceptable after mashed swede and carrott (in freezer since Christmas) with my lamb chop.
Am off to the metropolis to meet friends for lunch but will be glad to get home out of the wind. @DJC3 great fbg and. Can well imagine how blowy it is your way. Enjoy your Seasalt raincoat. I’ve pledged not to buy any clothes this year at least until the Seasalt sale. @Barb McD hug for the unsatisfactory consultation. @trick60 I like the sound of the jaffa cake log cabin, hope it was the right logs (you will have to wade thru yesterday’s posts to get that).
Try and have a good Monday all. Stay well, stay safe.

Barb McD

@ Muddy - thank you, much as I thought. Sad state of affairs. C’est la vie...or not.

@ Penguin - thank you x

@ gennepher - hugs back at you. In buckets. I’ve walked thousands of miles in my head fighting demons. You can do this (again & again) because you have courage.
We are strong //heart

B

Reactions: dunelm

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9 at 4 am

View attachment 38880

Rain and wind here.
Back in bed with cat.

Take care.
Sorry you are feeling down Gennepher and hope the comfort and meditation helps. Sending you lots of hugs. The trees and the pink hues in your painting are lovely to me.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This was much better and it had Air Con and big enough to sleep in. I have mentioned this before,this was my 4.2 litre Nissan Patrol which I abused, pulled horse trailers, forded rivers and lakes, climbed mountains, got stuck in Irish Peat bogs and drove every day as my works vehicle travelling up and down motorways to computer clients. It did 700,000 miles and the only thing I ever replaced was wheel bearings, lets see you do that in a John Deer. Oh and it's now running around somwhere in Russia, brilliant. Oh and yes it's black.
View attachment 38867
Wow - that's one really impressive vehicle.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
New neighbor along block just had a new wood burner fitted last week. Oops!
You can still burn dried seasoned wood although that is more expensive (of course) and no doubt when the unseasoned (wet) wood is outlawed the price of that is likely to increase

Reactions: Ryhia

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe your area will get a nice delivery of those new electric buses out PM is promising, don't hold your breath though. :)
Given his disaster when as Mayor when he tried to reinvent the old route master busses that is very unlikely...it cost a fortune was spectacularly unsuccessful now that has been conveniently forgotten alongside his proposed garden bridge project.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist