What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9 at 4 am

Painting for today for my daily challenge to myself.
Not happy with it at all.

View attachment 38880

Acrylics Pink and purple and white, squished on to A4 paper. Left to dry.
The green and pink felt tips you can see. The Japanese fude pen for trees. And I used the white chalkboard pen to squiggle some white lines etc

Rain and wind here.
Back in bed with cat.
My mood is very low. Nothing will make me happy today. So I am going to turn electric blanket on, and go to sleep until my brain learns to behave itself...I have some rose and jasmine essential oils in my mister that is going besides my bed. I have a heated eye mask ready. I will be meditating.. Give me a couple of hours or so to turn this round. I hate wasting time being depressed. It doesn't achieve anything. I was like this yesterday, and usually after a night's sleep I can turn this round, If only the sun would shine, then that would help. But it's a uniformly grey day outside.

I will look back in when I am positive again.
Take care.
Hugs if you need them....

Hug for feeling down.
I hope it is OK to say I like your painting this morning. It looks like Easter Sunday morning to me, I can practically smell the fresh dawn air.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hug for feeling down.
I hope it is OK to say I like your painting this morning. It looks like Easter Sunday morning to me, I can practically smell the fresh dawn air.
Good call that. OT have you ever read Tony Campolo It's Friday but Sunday's comin? https://www.thriftbooks.com/a/tony-campolo/223717/ Never given a car a name but guess I should call this one H - for obvious reasons. Julie has a Freelander (black) which should be called Frodo I guess based on size. Roof comes off and all that. Ideal for carting trees etc about.
EidG_TpBx4SwMeK89qx7FDFByeJUMgXnh-Y1Kozkdg2bP5sd3XVHKL1A2L21m4PNXeNT0BL00D_Q4MtX3WHkZtp2hs293DYqiJG3uBsYgh019UkexNb5wYpb3RrFUQe6vBUojWAI

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Am old crush name..unrequited sadly
Well actually she never even knew.. Younger and a lot more bashful

And apt because I loved it.

Had bikes first, so the freedoms etc I know and enjoyed, but the fun and stuff I had in that car, just magical, looking back...
Gang of us on way to Brighton, music blaring,
The many GF's, that the car put within sensible commuting distances. And those many good night kisses...ooh la la.

Right age, right time.. Guess you had to be there. Sure we all had our own "moments" :D

Ah, you remind me of summer nights in the Bugg, taking the long route to the swimming pool just to get a Slurpee and see the cute guy who worked at the Exxon station ... or was it Standard ... funny, I can't remember now for sure ... :D

You should write a song, it would be lovely. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Muddy Cyclist My father's middle name was Willis and his first car was a '48 Hudson. When I was very young I asked its name and he said it was "Will's brother" so to me it was always "Will the brudder."

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fifi sounds like my Opel.
The first time I visited England, with my parents back in 1972, we rented a Cortina. Great car! :)

Ah the Opel's... How strange is sounds when the world uses different names for things we know well..Vauxhall's here..Opel was the European ( German) brand name.

Yes the Cortina was a good car, very popular, easy to work on.

Had a Rover, heater packed up..
To fix.. remove Engine from car ..:wideyed::woot:

Ford.. Pop bonnet. (Aka hood;))
10 minutes work if that replace heater matrix..job jobbed..

Spoilt me for cars today. ... Stop by side of road.
Park up as best you can. call AA..Wait to get wallet whacked...rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good call that. OT have you ever read Tony Campolo It's Friday but Sunday's comin? https://www.thriftbooks.com/a/tony-campolo/223717/ Never given a car a name but guess I should call this one H - for obvious reasons

Haha (double meaning there :D)

Thank you for telling me about the book. I had never heard of Tony Campolo before.The book sounds very interesting. I will have to see if I can find a copy. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah the Opel's... How strange is sounds when there world uses different names fur things we know well..Vauxhall's here..Opel was the European ( German) brand name
Yes was a good car, very popular, easy to work on.

Park up as best you can. call AA..Wait to get wallet whacked...rinse and repeat.

Wow -- I had no idea and Opel was a German Vauxhall!
I know what you mean about today's cars. Reading all the recent posts about the new ones, I've been wonderfing if they are fun to drive. I don't know if I'd know how to get into a new car, let alone drive one. Time was, anyone who could shift gears could drive any car. If you needed to drive a friend's car, you just got in, checked where R was on the gear lever knob, and turned the key. Nowadays ...

With the Opel, I could pop the hood (bonnet ;)), and use a flathead screwdriver to adjust the fuel/air mixture when needed. OTOH, tires were very hard to find ...
I had a dear friend back in the early '70s who had a beautiful grey Vauxhall with red seats.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After a 3 course meal and 2 glasses wine I'm well chuffed. Didnt go up during the night either.

Not a good signal here in the Lake district but managing....just.

Some picks for you. What a difference a day makes!!!

Attachments

• 20200223_152310_resized.jpg
    20200223_152310_resized.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 245
  • 20200223_150145_resized.jpg
    20200223_150145_resized.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 266
  • 20200223_184716_resized.jpg
    20200223_184716_resized.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 261
  • 20200223_191752_resized.jpg
    20200223_191752_resized.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 264
  • 20200223_193511_resized.jpg
    20200223_193511_resized.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 250
  • 20200224_083226_resized.jpg
    20200224_083226_resized.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 238
  • 20200224_084207_resized.jpg
    20200224_084207_resized.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 20200224_084317_resized.jpg
    20200224_084317_resized.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 261
  • 20200224_113418_resized.jpg
    20200224_113418_resized.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 260
  • 20200224_113421_resized.jpg
    20200224_113421_resized.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 258

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow -- I had no idea and Opel was a German Vauxhall!
I know what you mean about today's cars. Reading all the recent posts about the new ones, I've been wonderfing if they are fun to drive. I don't know if I'd know how to get into a new car, let alone drive one. Time was, anyone who could shift gears could drive any car. If you needed to drive a friend's car, you just got in, checked where R was on the gear lever knob, and turned the key. Nowadays ...

With the Opel, I could pop the hood (bonnet ;)), and use a flathead screwdriver to adjust the fuel/air mixture when needed. OTOH, tires were very hard to find ...
I had a dear friend back in the early '70s who had a beautiful grey Vauxhall with red seats.

Most impressed... Outstanding.
Must be that horsey background.

I think a few used spacers etc to make other tyre size fit. At least that's what the custom car drivers did... And bikers too
Swap out a swing arm, fit bigger boots no problem.. Usually.

And of course for you guys the Vauxhall's, opels where all General motors.

Reactions: HarryBeau

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good afternoon. fbs of 8.7 today at 9.20am ( Overslept). Appointment this afternoon with diabetic nurse. I'm hoping she doesn't recommend an increase in medication but tbh I don't know what more I can do. I've been low carbing for quite a while and at one point had to have medication reduced as I was having hypos but lately my levels are always higher than they should be! It's 15 years since diagnosis so I wonder if that has anything to do with it? On the positive side just think how much worse things would have been if I hadn't discovered this wonderful forum and low carbing! My surgery are still giving me a diet sheet recommending 5 portions of carbs/ day! Have a good week everyone. You deserve it.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon. fbs of 8.7 today at 9.20am ( Overslept). Appointment this afternoon with diabetic nurse. I'm hoping she doesn't recommend an increase in medication but tbh I don't know what more I can do. I've been low carbing for quite a while and at one point had to have medication reduced as I was having hypos but lately my levels are always higher than they should be! It's 15 years since diagnosis so I wonder if that has anything to do with it? On the positive side just think how much worse things would have been if I hadn't discovered this wonderful forum and low carbing! My surgery are still giving me a diet sheet recommending 5 portions of carbs/ day! Have a good week everyone. You deserve it.:)
So how do I give a hug cum winner rating? I suspect from reading your posts you have the resources not to be bounced into meds you don't want. Have a hinner rating and I hope appointment with DN goes well from your point of view not hers.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a bottle of glue this morning for me...:)

wot :watching:..., it's cockney rhyming slang, init.

bottle of glue 2..a 5.2 to be exact, my lovelies
(ala richard van dyke )

raining since i got up, so as i can't do anything outside i might as well get out,
and stock up fridge freezer,,and get a few extra essentials in...just in case.:bag:.

( worry wart or realist...you decide...i'm gone ;))

stay safe all, :)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you by any change also have charge of a big bird?

I wouldn't say she's big, I mean, in fairness she's lost quite a bit but is still on the chunky monkey side (j/k) :)

we rented a Cortina. Great car!

Ah the Opel's... How strange is sounds when the world uses different names for things we know well..Vauxhall's here..Opel was the European ( German) brand name.

Yes the Cortina was a good car, very popular, easy to work on.

All this talk of the Cortina! I started my love affair with them in a Mk1 and ended it some years later in a bright red Mk3 Crayford convertible 2 door Cortina (rare). The Mk1 was upgraded by Janspeed with a stage 2 engine which made it somewhat uncontrollable.

A Rover P5 did come into my life for a while, lovely quiet car and easy to maintain. Worst car was a Citreon CX Pallas, looked like a spaceship but was always breaking down.

Like @jjraak I have fond memories of dating and the Cortina. All my cars had names, it was only polite :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a quick check of bloods before i go.
2 eggs, 3 skinny rashers of streaky bacon, 3 skinny Irish sausages,3 mushrooms, 1 tomato
and ONE slice of warburtons seeded batch loaf (11 carbs per slice) well buttered

returns an investment of 6.2.......2 hours after first bite.(thank you alexa ;))
that'll do for me, tommy..:D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After a 3 course meal and 2 glasses wine I'm well chuffed. Didnt go up during the night either.

Not a good signal here in the Lake district but managing....just.

Some picks for you. What a difference a day makes!!!

Thank you for posting the beautiful photos. It looks like a very nice place. #4 down on the left looks a lot like the area I am planning on moving to, as it looked a couple of weeks ago. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Most impressed... Outstanding.
Must be that horsey background.

I think a few used spacers etc to make other tyre size fit. At least that's what the custom car drivers did... And bikers too
Swap out a swing arm, fit bigger boots no problem.. Usually.

And of course for you guys the Vauxhall's, opels where all General motors.

Come to think of it, we bought our Opel from a Buick dealer, and Buicks are made by GM.
I wish we'd known about the spacers and swing arms. What are those, by the way? :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh no! That is a definite swipe left. Would you consider GSOH?, own teeth, and runs on tea, avocado and salad?

Absolutely! He could eat all the avocado I don't like. :)
What is a GSOH, BTW? Going by the avocado and salad, I am guessing not a German Shepherd Or Horse?
o_O

Reactions: jjraak