What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher @SaskiaKC @ianpspurs @dunelm @PenguinMum thank you for the comments re art.

It was interesting doing the Plein Air painting, the water was like a mini storm at sea, my hands were shaking with the cold and the paper flapped about. Thinking on it now it was a bit of madness I shall give it another month before I venture to try again. I used to sketch outside throughout the year but probably because I am now weighing in at 11 stone 7lbs I feel the cold or maybe I'm just getting old.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51606368

cruise ship transferred to uk
4 have virus
What about all the folk coming back from Lombardy (half term and Milan fashion week) in the last couple of days. Will they be screened as they arrive in the UK? The folk on the Diamond Princess paid the price because the Japanese couldnt cope with moving 3,000 off the ship into a safer quarantine. More questions than answers jj.

Reactions: Barb McD

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 yesterday
6.7 today! We had a dinner party for friends. I had egg mayo myself to start to avoid pate and toast. Chicken in bacon with garlic cheese and lots of good veg. Skipped the choc n salted caramel dessert. Cheese. Coffee. Wine. Too much. So much so when I was sorting the kitchen some dessert found it's way into my mouth!!! Very late on. 1am so no surprise on the score on the door.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 yesterday
6.7 today! We had a dinner party for friends. I had egg mayo myself to start to avoid pate and toast. Chicken in bacon with garlic cheese and lots of good veg. Skipped the choc n salted caramel dessert. Cheese. Coffee. Wine. Too much. So much so when I was sorting the kitchen some dessert found it's way into my mouth!!! Very late on. 1am so no surprise on the score on the door.
Sounds like a great night Debs and well done for cooking for everyone. I only cook for family now and if its friends we go out but not that often more likely in warmer months.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Better a John Deere than a "Dear John."

All those "useful" badges I saw here earlier reminded me of when my mother used to suggest, "Make yourself useful as well as ornamental," probably when we were sitting around getting in the way of housekeeping!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 yesterday

Very impressive Deb, especially for someone with a self professed dislike of cooking. I think you did very well to just have a bit of the pud, by that time of night I think I’d have scoffed all the leftovers.

Reactions: dunelm and Barb McD

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

All those "useful" badges I saw here earlier reminded me of when my mother used to suggest, "Make yourself useful as well as ornamental," probably when we were sitting around getting in the way of housekeeping!
But just how useful are we? Thinking of the ZA I was thinking other than my camper van full of gin what use is an artist, I suppose the musician in me may earn some Merritt for entertainment, but I guess most people will be to exhausted for entertainment to matter much. Now @ianpspurs with his horticultural skills will be worth keeping, I think I had better work out how to start making Gin or purchase a copper still for whisky making if I am going to be Useful to the community, can't even look ornamental anymore. :joyful:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

My mother would say 'good for neither use or ornament'

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
She is an insulin dependent T2 who never tests before she drives & won't change her carb consumption...when she was back & forth hitting my car she also hit my neighbours behind her with my neighbour & her daughter still in the vehicle...her car door (big SUV) was partly open as she reversed she careered back & forth she also took down part of my neighbours wall...she never apologised & behaved very poorly...not once did she ask how my neighbours in the car were...we haven't spoken for several years...I tired very hard to encourage her to make slight changes for her sake & others (road users) she refused point blank none of it was her fault.
Not surprising that you haven't spoken for several years. Quite scary that she is such an unsafe driver.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know if we are created to be useful.
In good pantomime tradition "Oh yes we are!' :joyful:

We are to complex and miraculous a creation not to be useful, I have no idea how we were created or where we will end up, have no time for organised religion but do believe there is eternal progression and as such everyone is useful, either now or in some unknown future. Each and everyone of us has a part to play we are amazing with much to offer.

So once again "oh yes we are!"

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Will catch up later, looks like another busy day of postings...

As promised the next instalment of my painting, now finished, foreground and fallen trees added. I have included thumb nails of the two previous postings so you can see the changes...

View attachment 38836

Today after Muddy Cycle ride Mrs MC wanted to visit a winter garden at Dorothy Clive Gardens Staffordshire. The scents were heady, colours amazing, here am I amongst the Corpus.
View attachment 38839
Yes it was cold although a South Westerly.
Think your painting is scrumptious, maybe not the right word for the context but that is the word which comes to mind - I'm taking the meaning as delightful, gorgeous. stunning, wonderful, enchanting, etc., etc.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Inspired by a windswept dog walk over farmland minutes from home, short walk as poor Moet my Labrador does not see well if at all. Painted the landscape outside ' plein air' dashed off in 25 minutes as it's a bitter wind, A4 in watercolour.. now off to do some gardening as sun is out.
View attachment 38858
How is poor Moet coping around your house and garden?
your painting definitely captures windswept farmland.

Reactions: HarryBeau