What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Barb McD

Been reading the thread for ages, what an absolute delight it’s been. Laughed a lot, related completely, empathised entirely but one little thing - my car is called Ioniq of Borg 1.6 self charging hybrid 180bhp, black & mean with a sport mode I’m way way too old for, and I love her. And football. F1. Rugby. I am a domestic appliance engineer (this is where I check I’m really female)

Phew!! Yes I am.

Fun & funny, sweet & supportive - nice guys xx

Reactions: karen8967

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am a domestic appliance engineer

So... you admit to being U.S.E.F.U.L!
You now have to wear the new badge, and I guess the artists etc should get one too :)

useful.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been reading the thread for ages, what an absolute delight it’s been. Laughed a lot, related completely, empathised entirely but one little thing - my car is called Ioniq of Borg 1.6 self charging hybrid 180bhp, black & mean with a sport mode I’m way way too old for, and I love her. And football. F1. Rugby. I am a domestic appliance engineer (this is where I check I’m really female)

Phew!! Yes I am.

One is never too old for sport mode. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Phew!! Yes I am.

I wish you and my mother could have met. She was a Home Economist, as was a family friend. They would have enjoyed talking about domestic appliances with you.
Did Frank Gilbreth figure at all in your studies?

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Phew!! Yes I am.

Never too old @Barb McD ...sound delish
nice big chunk of bhp..

had some random chap walk pasr as just getting on bike.."Too old for YOU mate" and carried on walking...:wideyed:
and he's right...... walking IS MUCH safer...PEDS :rolleyes:

:D

just being cheeky really @Barb McD

i do think the lines are mixing and blurring nowadays, pretty sure the differences are dispersing out somewhat.
back in the day the boys would go out, get wrecked, get home at 5 am and still get into work, the next morning.
...the girls ..not so much.

Now the girls go out get wrecked, get home at 5 am and come into work the next morning, looking rough to be fair, but IN.
...the boys.,aahh the boys..."i won't be in today, got a stomach ache...:rolleyes:"..'Man Card' mentally collected and marked as 'insufficient evidence' ;).

Barb McD

@Saskia

Oh yes, but we adapted the admin adhesion to time & motion, wore it down & FINALLY got the message across that customers are more important . Ended up on “problem” calls as a consult - sympathised with the women, challenged the male customers because I’ve never looked like I could work a normal wash never mind pull out their Miele & rewire anything

However, going into supplying a local repair/spares service as an owner - Lillian & Frank became my alternative reading and I put The Art of War away & got my lads on the road treating both the job & their own time management with respect. Helped us all have happy customers & finish early .

@OldButBold LOVE MY BADGE!!!!

Reactions: HarryBeau

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
22-02-2020
Visiting MrSlims aunt. Now on third bottle of fizz. Aunt has remembered there are dietary issues and gone to some trouble to make vegetarian spag bol for us. Dessert is fruit, meringue, ice cream and cream. Refused the meringue and ice cream, passed the grapes to son.
Cherries, blueberries and cream mmmm.
Good job HbA1c was few days ago.
MrSlims Aunt is an internationally recognised artist and one of my favourite people in the world. She is also one of the few that I am able to be entirely natural with. Maybe thats why.
Apparently it's pizza for supper.
But MrSlim asked for something different for me and I got chicken kievs with salad : ) and more sparkling wine. Can't remember the last time I drank so much.

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A beautiful badge!!!

I shall award you and @Muddy Cyclist one for services rendered in making the day bearable for us through your art. There are many others but I should leave it to our wordsmith extraordinaire @jjraak to officiate their release as he's probably much better at delivering merit badges :)

useful.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, yes, but what colour are the dogs. :wideyed:

;)

The blackberries sound nice . And at least you can point to a reason .
Weather not so good though... Wise dogs indeed.

Oh and for Mr K.. Good to have him in board
An update on his application, just had a cancellation, so I've taken the liberty of penciling him in for his first session in Nov 2026

Lucky to be getting one so soon I might add
Many blokes get no help what so ever, it's only thanks to charities like my own. MMBA.
Where we help those identified as in " Danger" of this Tsunami of
Over guessing overload, and help make men better again.

Takes years of therapy, as you'd imagine.
Local pubs have been most helpful letting me set up therapy booths..( just seats actually., Due to budget cuts, something had to go, so I could still medicate using ancient much tested and approved medicines. :D )
Mr K says thank you for saving him a place - although he does not know how he will cope until 2026.
He did say that perhaps his weekly Friday evening trip to the bar at our local social club with his two friends that he has been doing for 40 years is probably the only thing that keeps him sane.

My doggies are Archie who is chocolate mixed with quite a lot of grey and Poppy who is jet black and very shiny - she matches my car perfectly although they both prefer Mr K's car - a Jaguar. Much more their style.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Will catch up later, looks like another busy day of postings...

As promised the next instalment of my painting, now finished, foreground and fallen trees added. I have included thumb nails of the two previous postings so you can see the changes...

IMG_2639.JPG

Today after Muddy Cycle ride Mrs MC wanted to visit a winter garden at Dorothy Clive Gardens Staffordshire. The scents were heady, colours amazing, here am I amongst the Corpus.
IMG_2643.JPG

Yes it was cold although a South Westerly.

Attachments

• IMG_2630.JPG
    IMG_2630.JPG
    576.9 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2632.JPG
    IMG_2632.JPG
    748.8 KB · Views: 227