Type 1'stars R Us

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, not nice to wake up low @hh1 @slip hope your BG is being more cooperative, mine certainly isn't
The sun's out so gardening me thinks but it's taking me some time to get going, not feeling guilty though @becca59

Reactions: becca59 and kev-w

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Made a big mistake of trying new chocolate digestives made from oats, they were slightlty higher in fat and sugar than my regular ones which I dont take insulin for or even spike on

But these new ones are deadly, I spiked Right over 10 and I didnt take a reading when it was it's highest because my head was burning too much at this point

Atm I'm terrified of trying new foods because even after reading the labels, my body decides if its gonna spike or not... So in this sense I'm absolutely screwed.

Might just go on a monotonous diet and thats it now, only time I will try something is if its at a restaurant because it's very rare I go to one even before Being Diagnosed LOL

Im absolutely terrified of my sugars raising to 9 because my head feels like its on fire when it does

Tis life

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I’m annoyed and frustrated at my BG at the moment. Is it too early to consider a pump and CGM break? :(

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Well it's starting here (US) , a mad rush to wipe out the stores of basics like paper towels, toilet paper and hand sanitizer. Some areas it's more of a mild wipe out and some it's more of a mad rush.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Well I woke on a nice a nice 5. But then started dropping so I had a couple of small pieces of pineapple I keep cut up just for those not too low but wanting to stop it times? But then I remembered I still had my fruit salad and yum so I had some of that lol and then had to dose.........................at least I never went above 6.4 and am sitting at 5.8 right now................did I get it right????
I'm hoping for a little more of a drop to land at low 5's and trying to abstain from stacking.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone enjoy your day
FB_IMG_1569947193943.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning and wishing you a Happy and a safe Tuesday.
Awoke on double figures :rolleyes: after good number throughout the day, so an extra 1/2 unit this morning.
Did anyone else watch the COVID-19 BBC programme last night, I thought it informative, with lots of questions and answers ?
Take care :)

Reactions: kev-w and karen8967

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
I didn't catch the programme on Corona virus @Robinredbreast, watching a very poorly made programme on telephone scams. I can't understand the need for mad buying of paper things @Marie 2, lucky you having a fruit fix. I miss it

It's a badge day for me, 4.8 and I'm going to the health centre later to be interviewed by a group of trainee doctors about diabetes.... not sure what they'll ask but it's good to give something back.
Feels cold out there so wrap up warm.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Well, they are telling people to be prepared and to make sure you have a supply of essentials just because it's a good idea to be prepared. There are mixed messages about it. But some areas I guess it's worse than others. I have a link of a story about one of our bigger chains here. But the one on our island didn't have this kind of issue except of being out of toilet paper and a few more people shopping. Lol, after this story is read by more tomorrow it probably be out of a lot more things.

I think the first thing to go was hand sanitizer. And maybe masks.....................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shoppers-costco-stores-were-mobbed-162900142.html

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@SueJB that sounds interesting a million and one things I could say to them but No1. is especially if they're aiming to be diabetes consultants, just remind them that their patients are actual people too.

Yesterday was a bit of an up and down day BG wise, nothing too horrendous but certainly not ideal :rolleyes: This morning I was 9.5 so gave my pre-bolus plenty of time to kick in before eating, probably too long as I'm now 3.7 heading south but I've had a left over M&S raspberry jaffa cake which was probably the cause of yesterdays up&downs - they are rather good though!

Reactions: Marie 2

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, just delivered a lady in labour to the maternity unit, so that was a nice job to start the day. Let’s see what the rest of the shift has in store... BG smooth as she goes.

Reactions: karen8967

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
you know when you read something quick and you pick out the key words.... I thought blimey she's delivered a baby! (theres no end to this girls talent!)

Morning chaps, just delivered a lady in labour to the maternity unit,

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
you know when you read something quick and you pick out the key words.... I thought blimey she's delivered a baby! (theres no end to this girls talent!)

I thought exactly the same :)

Good morning (bora da)

Rubbish night last night, coughed for ages, BGs dropped so alarms were going off most of the night then at 5ish alarm going off for a rise in BG, silenced that one pretty quick as I was sooooo tired. Woke to a loverly 17! That will teach me to dismiss alarms. I am now tired and miserable BUT I am alive woohoo WINNER

Reactions: karen8967 and slip

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@SueJB that sounds interesting a million and one things I could say to them but No1. is especially if they're aiming to be diabetes consultants, just remind them that their patients are actual people too.

Yesterday was a bit of an up and down day BG wise, nothing too horrendous but certainly not ideal :rolleyes: This morning I was 9.5 so gave my pre-bolus plenty of time to kick in before eating, probably too long as I'm now 3.7 heading south but I've had a left over M&S raspberry jaffa cake which was probably the cause of yesterdays up&downs - they are rather good though!
will do @slip

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I thought at first she said she delivered a baby too lol.................

Reactions: slip