Fasting at night

nerovergil

BANNED
I dont eat anything at night. If i do, it will be keto with meat and veges. I do some low carbs too sometimes (once per month)

anyone fasting at night too?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My overnight fast is usually called sleep.. but I'm guessing that might not be what you mean?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
My overnight fast is usually called sleep.. but I'm guessing that might not be what you mean?

I'm not sure what else you'd call it? It is sleep, but you do fast at the same time... communication breakdown perhaps? :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I fast at nigh. Its the only time I do fast/sleep unless I am basal testing :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i mean from 7pm to 7 am. i dont eat anything
I usually stop eating around 8 pm and then don't eat until 1 pm the following afternoon at the earliest. Is that what you meant?
When you say you eat low carb/keto "once per month" do you expect that to be beneficial?
I eat that way all the time.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I usually stop eating around 8 pm and then don't eat until 1 pm the following afternoon at the earliest. Is that what you meant?
When you say you eat low carb/keto "once per month" do you expect that to be beneficial?
I eat that way all the time.
The OP is a T1, a T1,5 and a skinny T2. Also diet controlled, but diets are boring so no diet, and on insulin. I have a feeling we're being trolled here. OP, do correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: Joony

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i mean from 7pm to 7 am. I dont eat anything
I normally don't have anything with carbs in it after about 6-7pm (I like my dinner early - and it gives my insulin plenty of time to work before going to bed - as even with Fiasp it can takes its stinking time), and then I have breakfast at 6:40am during the week (later at the weekends), but yeah a fair amount of that time is spent asleep.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The OP is a T1, a T1,5 and a skinny T2. Also diet controlled, but diets are boring so no diet, and on insulin. I have a feeling we're being trolled here. OP, do correct me if I'm wrong.
I fear you may be correct...

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I wholeheartedly agree. x

Lilylala

I eat at 7pm then don't eat again until the next day at 7 pm ?????? and yes I don't eat in the night because obviously I'm - asleep.

edited by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't eat after 7PM now. I did try setting up IF rules for myself, but I've fallen into a routine now. I do 20:4 about 3 days a week (eating between 3 and 7 PM) , and I do 18:6 about three days a week (1-7pm) . About once a week on the weekend I have breakfast lunch and dinner. So My fast varies between 12 and 20 hours.

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Note to self: read the whole tread before replying.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Self evident whenever someone besieges the forum with multiple threads as this one attempted to do.

cky852

I don't eat after 7PM now. I did try setting up IF rules for myself, but I've fallen into a routine now. I do 20:4 about 3 days a week (eating between 3 and 7 PM) , and I do 18:6 about three days a week (1-7pm) . About once a week on the weekend I have breakfast lunch and dinner. So My fast varies between 12 and 20 hours.

Hello, I am newly diagnosed for a month and take Metformin 500mg twice a day. I really wants to learn more from all experiences in this forum. I have been told to eat at constant time and constant amount. But I found your IF schedule is different in different days, would it be good for a beginner? I really want to try IF but don't know which way is the best for me.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @cky852 and welcome

Is metformin the only diabetes related medication you’re taking? If so, then there’s no reason why you can’t vary what and when you eat.

I’d advise having a read of the link below and also run a google search on Dr Jason Fung if you’re interested in intermittent fasting. If you’re on insulin or some other glucose lowering medication, then things are indeed more complicated, so please post back here if that’s the case.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.17088/

cky852

Goonergal, thank you for your advice. I will read through the link and find out what Dr. Jason Fung said later.
Metformin is the only medication now.

I just wonder that I take Metformin twice at breakfast (around 7am) and at dinner (around 8pm). And I usually have lunch at 1pm. If I want to skip breakfast, which the easiest way for me, should I take Metformin during lunch or to keep taking at 7am without eating anything?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Goonergal, thank you for your advice. I will read through the link and find out what Dr. Jason Fung said later.
Metformin is the only medication now.

I just wonder that I take Metformin twice at breakfast (around 7am) and at dinner (around 8pm). And I usually have lunch at 1pm. If I want to skip breakfast, which the easiest way for me, should I take Metformin during lunch or to keep taking at 7am without eating anything?

Having never taken metformin, I’m not best placed to answer that. I believe the reason for taking metformin with meals is to minimise any tummy problems that it might cause. Tagging @Rachox who might have some insight into this.