COVID 2019 Comorbidity with Diabetes

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I read these type of articles daily...[sigh]. Missed that one. Thanks for the link Robinredbreast. :)

I spent weeks learning everything I could about our president, his history, his campaign, and some of what he's done during his term in office. He is a con man who is loyal only to himself and his family. I grew up in the region of the US where his supporters are highly concentrated. What scares me more than the coronavirus is that he may be re-elected.

Reactions: francesk and jjraak

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Masks? I understand that all they do is protect other people who come close to you. They do nothing to protect the person wearing the mask. Am I wrong?

Plenty of toilet rolls in our local Sainsburys, also tissues, hand gels, soap and anything else.

Why do people want to stock up on toilet rolls? Genuine question.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I read these type of articles daily...[sigh]. Missed that one. Thanks for the link Robinredbreast. :)

I spent weeks learning everything I could about our president, his history, his campaign, and some of what he's done during his term in office. He is a con man who is loyal only to himself and his family. I grew up in the region of the US where his supporters are highly concentrated. What scares me more than the coronavirus is that he may be re-elected.

I sympathise wholeheartedly Winnie ............. and we have Boris Johnson.:rolleyes:

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Masks? I understand that all they do is protect other people who come close to you. They do nothing to protect the person wearing the mask. Am I wrong?

Plenty of toilet rolls in our local Sainsburys, also tissues, hand gels, soap and anything else.

Why do people want to stock up on toilet rolls? Genuine question.
That’s certainly what they say about masks. Personally I think they are more useful than they claim but subject to widespread misuse and limited stocks hence the advice. I might be wrong. Others seem to agree with me going by their sold out status. I have 5 for a family of 5! Hardly stockpiling.

Not a hand gel to be hand in miles around here. The rest are in and out of stock

Because they think supply chains are going to be broken when everyone gets sick and all sorts will go out of stock. Because of the media coverage of the Australian panic buying creating more panic it will happen here, self fulfilling prophecy!

Reactions: Bluetit1802
D

Deleted member 308541

Because of the media coverage of the Australian panic buying creating more panic it will happen here, self fulfilling prophecy!
I was talking to the pharmacy home delivery driver on Thursday, and she said they did not have any hand sanitiser left in store, and they had a put a limit of two bottles per customer before they run out.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Because they think supply chains are going to be broken when everyone gets sick and all sorts will go out of stock. Because of the media coverage of the Australian panic buying creating more panic it will happen here, self fulfilling prophecy!

If they knew the truth about what has happened down here, they'd think before they spoke. No shortages where I live on anything. Rolls, tissues, canned food, masks. Nothing.

The media are so lazy. They BUY into and feed the panic of a few morons. Imbecilic

Reactions: jjraak

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Obviously, this is worse than ordinary flu or I don't think that the government would be reacting in this manner. I understand it could affect people with underlying health problems worse, but at least I know that I am diabetic so could be more at risk. I feel for the many people who don't know they are diabetic as they won't know they are more at risk and maybe won't take this virus as seriously as they should. Just my thoughts. Take care everyone.

Reactions: Bill_St

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Unbelieveable... It's okay to go to work if you have tested positive for the coronavirus if you're feeling okay because you'll recover just fine. This is not a big deal people.
and don't worry it'll will just go away, is what you say to a child whose had a nightmare, not a public concerned enough to be worried, after watching the carnage in china, over the last few weeks and months

Scary thing is the comments i see, re the US govt approach to this.

They MUST have watched this from early DEC
saw it clearly early Jan,
and *** we ALL saw it and watched early FEB,
yet not until early MARCH do THEN stop to think.."you know what, this might be worth preparing for"
Yet a week after saying the testing kits WOULD be available they admit, nope, sorry, maybe next week, perhaps..
and all this while the families in the Seattle nursing home are STILL waiting for their loved ones to be tested AFTER the deaths....Heartbreaking Unbelievable incompetence.

The sad fact is most looked at china and thought Cluster ****

Yet the US is doing even worse when you consider that while china didn't have a clue what was going to happen,
the US had a Owners Guide, Workshop manual and a nightly tv training show for 30 + days.

It has the feeling of Katrina all over again, about it.
I hope they DO pull out all the stops asap, for all you on the other side of the Pond.

Have to say i'm not impressed by any of the so called experts on this.
China..messed up (Wuhan and the lies)
Japan messed up (cruise ship)
Italy (how many ?)
Iran (way too slow to take action )
America..( the land of preppers unprepared..:rolleyes:)

lets hope somewhere those who DO have the sense of scale to see and action real issues, come to the fore and are left to do their jobs.

Last edited:
Reactions: kokhongw

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
jjraak, thanks for posting the article on what the residents and their family members are going through at LifeCare in Washington. It's heart breaking.

Our son is a firefighter, north of Seattle. I was shocked to read this... "In total, 31 firefighters and 3 police officers would ultimately be quarantined or isolated. As of this writing, 18 are showing symptoms."
https://www.kuow.org/stories/the-days-leading-up-to-the-outbreak-at-life-care-center-in-kirkland

Post edited by moderator to remove references to deleted content

Last edited by a moderator:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
jjraak, thanks for posting the article on what the residents and their family members are going through at LifeCare in Washington. It's heart breaking.

Our son is a firefighter, north of Seattle. I was shocked to read this... "In total, 31 firefighters and 3 police officers would ultimately be quarantined or isolated. As of this writing, 18 are showing symptoms."
https://www.kuow.org/stories/the-days-leading-up-to-the-outbreak-at-life-care-center-in-kirkland
how awful and inept of those in charge.

Thank you for the link,
i do hope your sons ok,

Edited by moderator to remove references to deleted content

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheers @Debandez

not finding many maps useful re actual sites of infection.
and the few above are not upto date, map side, figs are good, but..prefer the World version, data better presented
the Hopkins one is likely the best here,yet that too just gives a total number for london

and in a sign of the unconsidered aspects of the outbreaks, this stood out for me

The BBC's Rome correspondent Mark Lowen tweeted that a resident in the quarantined Italian town of Codogno told him the most upsetting thing for many people there is that funerals are not being permitted for coronavirus victims because of the need to limit gatherings.

"Priests are saying a couple of prayers - and that's it," he wrote.

'can't recall this being enacted for "just Flu"..so probably silly Italians, just panicking...:rolleyes:

and why on earth anyone would even consider a Cruise at this time...their like plague ships whether they have a real case or just suspected..once that lock down begins the virus seems to just multiply.

think we are all going to have to evaluate what IS important and adapt our lives at least in the short term until we get some better way to control this

Last edited:

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a look around Facebook site. Found this gem of an article...

What it's REALLY like to catch coronavirus: First British victim, 25, describes how 'worst disease he ever had' left him sweating, shivering, and struggling to breathe as his eyes burned and bones ached
  • Connor Reed, 25, an expat teacher from North Wales, lives and works in Wuhan
  • In November, he became the first British man to catch the deadly coronavirus
  • Here he explains how he beat the illness that is sweeping across the globe

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8075633/First-British-victim-25-describes-coronavirus.html

Edited by moderator to remove references to deleted content

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a look around Facebook. Found this gem of an article...

What it's REALLY like to catch coronavirus: First British victim, 25, describes how 'worst disease he ever had' left him sweating, shivering, and struggling to breathe as his eyes burned and bones ached
  • Connor Reed, 25, an expat teacher from North Wales, lives and works in Wuhan
  • In November, he became the first British man to catch the deadly coronavirus
  • Here he explains how he beat the illness that is sweeping across the globe

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8075633/First-British-victim-25-describes-coronavirus.html

That feeling better at day 6 does seem to be very common from what i have read.
then it kicks the ***** out of you.

Does NOT sound nice.:arghh:
I get and have and have had asthma attacks..i SO do NOT want that level of crispy lungs....:***:

edited by moderator to remove references to deleted content

Reactions: Debandez