Corona virus

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wouldn't it be ironic if Trump was brought down by a virus from China named after a Mexican beer.

A little too ironic... :singing:;)

However, I'm folowing Alanis's recommendation..

image.jpeg

Just to keep me from touching my face..

However. I'm a dog walker. I scoop dat poop too..

SugarBuzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
**** doctors. Airport travel.
Has anyone seen the film Idiocracy? :wacky:

Attachments

• EdKetch.jpg
    EdKetch.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 351

SugarBuzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm avoiding the supermarket weekend crowds. I've ordered groceries, including loo paper through Ocado for Thursday night this week.

I hope you're getting the delivery driver to leave it outside your home.

Also, wash it all down before bringing it inside.

Reactions: ert

SugarBuzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Can we keep this thread on track please? We’re talking about the potential impact on type one.

As far as I'm aware Type 1 hasn't specifically been mentioned in the UK mainstream.
Just the over 70s and people with 'respiratory conditions'.

Anyway, I wouldn't trust what the government says. I would just trust your own instincts, after all that's why we are all alive today. A nasty unknown virus and us with weakened immune systems.
I'm in favour of self isolating, though for a few months it could prove tricky for some.

The word on the street is that The Tories want the virus to kill off many of the most vulnerable as it will help with the Social Care and Health Crisis.
"Dead people don't cost money" to put it bluntly.

Reactions: JTL

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Wouldn't it be ironic if Trump was brought down by a virus from China named after a Mexican beer.

So you think if the president of the United States dies of the virus it's ironic and you actually think the virus is named after a beer?

SugarBuzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
There is a known way of stopping it and it's very simple. If a virus cannot spread then it dies. Isolation and social distancing works as was demonstrated by the Chinese.

Thankfully many people and companies in the UK are not listening to the advice from our government and are now isolating themselves and their families.

Put a slightly different spin on the whole situation. Don't act as though you are trying to avoid getting the virus. Act as though you already have it and you are trying to avoid giving it to others.

Isolation will see us through.

Yes. It does make you wonder just why 'governments' allowed it to spread all the way from China.

Well, of course the main reason is MONEY. Wealth before health.

Still, when i first saw it . . . the first thing I thought was 'why the hell would you want to bring all the 'exposed' back (or let others in?'. And now here we are . . . .

SugarBuzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

LOL. Post of the year so far.

Trump's very own Trueman Show.

D

Deleted member 99312

I'm wondering about this:

A British man is seriously ill with Covid-19 in Vietnam, where he is on a ventilator to help him breathe, VnExpress reports.

The 69-year-old reportedly has several underlying health conditions, including diabetes and hypertension, two of the biggest risk factors for coronavirus infection.
https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/two-covid-19-patients-in-vietnam-critically-ill-4069966.html

Is diabetes per se a risk factor, or is it just that people with diabetes are more likely to be in bad health in the first place? If we are diabetic but have perfectly good control and a normal hba1c, are we at any greater risk?

I am type 1 and have borderline hypertension but am otherwise not in the 'older' age groups most at risk generally.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I'm wondering about this:

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/two-covid-19-patients-in-vietnam-critically-ill-4069966.html

Is diabetes per se a risk factor, or is it just that people with diabetes are more likely to be in bad health in the first place? If we are diabetic but have perfectly good control and a normal hba1c, are we at any greater risk?

I am type 1 and have borderline hypertension but am otherwise not in the 'older' age groups most at risk generally.

Some links say we are, some say we're not.......................... I am over 60, type 1 for 31 years, with other medical conditions, fit and active and working too so I will keep going, until I am told otherwise.
Life is a lottery, especially now, but I won't let COVID-19 rule or burden me.

Reactions: Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My son, who is in the high risk group, had a great chat with a GP this morning, regrading another condition that is causing him pain, so he has a blood test on Wednesday,
The GP also spoke about my son's Sarcoidosis and what my son is doing, regarding the virus and according to the GP, is sensible.
Unfortunately, for the GP, he told my son his elderly father is in hospital with COVID-19 and the outlook is not good, so GP is getting on with his job and still trying to help and advise patients. My son said he was the nicest GP he had come across, as he spent time explaining things to him and of course, our thoughts are with him and his family right now..
A little later on, my son has been told by his employer not to go in to work for 4 weeks, but to keep in contact in case of any changes. He went online and apparently he will be entitled to £97 per week, to be paid straight away ( he laughed at this) but he will look into it, at the moment he is ahead with his bills and has plenty of provisions in.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
So you think if the president of the United States dies of the virus it's ironic and you actually think the virus is named after a beer?
You're winding me up yes?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Depends on his contract, but did they say if it was paid or not.......?!

He doesn't get sick pay and if he is off sick, he has to make up his hours.

D

Deleted member 99312

He doesn't get sick pay and if he is off sick, he has to make up his hours.
If he's in the UK then he will be able to get some sort of assistance, whether SSP or Universal Credit, for the period of enforced unpaid absence.