What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a 5.8 today.

sticking to the no covid news
(as long as i can..;))

but i think the Boris briefings don't really count.
we all need to know this right.. ?

Boris..meh..up front and in the spotlight (don't envy him)
sir patrick..juries still out.
( am i the only one to begin singing the Goodies theme tune when he turns up ? )

but Rishi Rich...looks very solid, can see why boris picked him
says all the right things..(i am NOT an economist or business man/woman)
but very confident and confidence inspiring..and that tag line..WIN

am i beginning to see the growth of a non league team about to outperform and start climbing the table to the next division ?

don't know.
but confidence IS higher.. if not by a lot , but deffo by a little... and progress is progress.

In the storm to come, it's nice to see OUR teams able to chop and change and follow the latest best practice.

Late ..yeah but better then just pursuing a campaign, doomed to fail.

have always lived by the fact that we can all be wrong

and IF you are the bigger person to say , yes i was wrong......I WILL shake your hand.

because trust me , i have been THAT person a few times..:sorry:

Not YOU ....................................ever...?..really...always right
and your NOT on the Cobra Committee,..:woot:

yeah, sure..:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

stay well
stay safe.
JJ

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just discovered that I can play Moonlight Sonata on my guitar. Just the first part tonight; I don't really have more of it in my head right now.
I have also discovered that if you type Sonata on your phone and don't check the spell-check, the phone will change it to Moonlight Donate.

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Latest rumor control is the battle of the pain killers.
It seems as if there is some doubt over this one...
OK, the French minister flagged it up yesterday, but the lab in Vienna which has been quoted says it’s fake news - they are not and never have been investigating the connection between coronavirus and ibuprofen, apparently.
Snopes investigated the story but have designated it Unproven.
RTE Ireland have debunked it.
So, at this stage, it seems to be conjecture. Anyhow, I don’t take ibuprofen as I have asthma and take very little notice of stuff popping up on social media or newspapers.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/covid-19-nsaids-ibuprofen/

Just as an add.

BBC News - Coronavirus and ibuprofen: Separating fact from fiction
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/51929628

Reactions: HarryBeau

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a steady 5.5 on the dice today after home made pitta pizza last night, also made some eggy muffins for snap. Have a lovely day all.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

I just havent eaten breakfast in a morning cos I can't stomach anything at the mo. But my rest of the day eating window was four hours.

Anyway love you and leave you , will catch up with this thread later going to the Pensioners opening times at Iceland between 9 and 11 am. But it is not every Iceland from what I can gather. You will have to check online.

We will see if they have restocked the meat cans, or are we just having the dregs of what is left.

Take care. Seize the day. There was a song, which I saw the video of, though never the words years ago, Today is a Good day to Die, or some such title. It basically means live life to the fullest, or at least that is what I gathered from the video itself. I am sure @jjraak will find it for me by the time I get back.

X

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 this morning, I think I need a crumpet with marmite:)

Bit sniffly but it is the start of allergy season for me so it will be a toss-up whether the raspy throat and shortness of breath are down to allergies or the lurgy. I have decided to pull back on the news apart from the WHO and .gov as all I need to know aside from what's on there is how to keep myself alive.

Bin men have been so some things are still sacred, god bless her Madge :angelic:

On a lighter note... Aspies are setting up support groups for neurotypicals to help them deal with being isolated. As it's our normal state of being we are uniquely qualified in helping our more social monkeys adapt to the new world order. We don't meet up, even online, but we can send an occasional text. ;)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.5 today.

Wet here so indoors by the looks of it.

@SaskiaKC well done with Beethoven on Fritz. Mrs MC often plays that sonata on our piano such a calming piece of music.

Be hopeful and attentive today take care.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just discovered that I can play Moonlight Sonata on my guitar. Just the first part tonight; I don't really have more of it in my head right now.
I have also discovered that if you type Sonata on your phone and don't check the spell-check, the phone will change it to Moonlight Donate.
This might help, guitar tabs for Moonlight Sonata. There are pleanty of websites offering download music with guitar tabs for this sonata at a very reasonable price.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.7 today so thats ok. Hope you are all well as can be, bearing up.
Am I correct in saying that atm we (over 70s anf those who are eligible for the flu jab) should be socially distancing rather than socially isolating which may COME DOWN THE LINE SOON. Answers on a postcard please. @jjraak it was only a matter of time I guess but I just couldnt do it, the link was something else.
My situation here is my lovely friend with us until Sunday 29 then we need to get her to the hospital in Hastings for check up (if it goes ahead as the NHS hospital has of this week commandeered the Spire next door for overflow) get her some essential shopping and meds etc. Might be a bit of creative thinking required!
After that Mr PM and I can self isolate and No 2 son will drop weekly food parcels. I was just thinking @ianpspurs your move was very timely being near your boys.
@gennepher hope your trip to Iceland has been successful.
Have a good day everyone, Inknow you lot will be kind and dont take any chances.
Stay well, stay safe.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up & about since 6am pottering about in between drinking my coffee...all paperwork done & posted so no excuse for not doing any housework...phoned our office many there will be working from home hoping they have someone to process my invoices...seeing lots of kind gestures my next door neighbour (and friend) brought me a huge bottle of hand sanitiser yesterday I have a small one which I can fill from that...lots of locals willing to offer support to neighbours who need it...perhaps we should convene our own COBRA committees...woke to a 6.4.