What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

my sister's holiday was cancelled for the second time last night (should have been flying out this morning), so she and her hubby are in B+Q getting a new shower fitting for their bathroom, they've decided that at least they will be productive ;)

I'm making a list of 'stuff that would benefit from attention' :hilarious:

Thank you all for your hugs, our thread community is :)

Hope your day treats you well :)

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 on my meter so neither panic nor celebration rather a must try harder kind of reading. Amazing artwork @gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist. @PenguinMum our move does seem quite timely now although the much bigger garden with spring, summer and autumn would have made isolation more splendid. Eye screening scheduled for today which will be fun if it goes ahead. Phase 1 refit nearing completion so tedious box and bag emptying ahead. We collect the puppies tomorrow as kitchen and flooring will be finished (next Tuesday). Next phase is to set up my gym then hopefully once they are vaccinated and strong enough, isolated/distanced dog walks in the forests here. I should finally have some idea if this new life suits me apart from proximity to kin *@geefull hug for anxiety but great that you posted. Take care all because we certainly do live in interesting times.
*typed before your post today

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who aren't panic buying.

Those pet fanatics with no sense of humour please read no further, you will only get offended.

As the Chinese curse goes may you live in interesting times, well the times are interesting, but I must in fairness point out other newspapers are available.
Now being a transplant patient on host of nasty anti rejection drugs as the media refer to them immusuppression drugs I am now on lock down, great, all social and unsocial events for me cancelled. Never mind.

Since I last reported in my bloods have been anything between 5.1 and 8.9 an interesting spread, but very informative if look at them inconjuction with a food diary.

Well folks I have nipped onto the thread and skimmed through the replies at times, but I won't be catching up, please forgive me.
Have you all seen those little notices where you can put your contact details and give them to the vulnerable and elderly? Well I did, well let's say I put a selfish neighbours details on the form and distributed them hehehe, I never said I was nice did I.
Because I am on lock down I have caught up on a few woodworking projects and gardening.
Well folks and I hope you are well, have a great day, remembering today is good day to panic buy, fresh air, running water and footsteps.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An absolute tragedy yesterday...my shopping arrived minus the crumpets:bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:.

Text Col. Crumpet and he will sort those blighters out tout suite :)

CF.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who aren't panic buying.

Those pet fanatics with no sense of humour please read no further, you will only get offended.

As the Chinese curse goes may you live in interesting times, well the times are interesting, but I must in fairness point out other newspapers are available.
Now being a transplant patient on host of nasty anti rejection drugs as the media refer to them immusuppression drugs I am now on lock down, great, all social and unsocial events for me cancelled. Never mind.

Since I last reported in my bloods have been anything between 5.1 and 8.9 an interesting spread, but very informative if look at them inconjuction with a food diary.

Well folks I have nipped onto the thread and skimmed through the replies at times, but I won't be catching up, please forgive me.
Have you all seen those little notices where you can put your contact details and give them to the vulnerable and elderly? Well I did, well let's say I put a selfish neighbours details on the form and distributed them hehehe, I never said I was nice did I.
Because I am on lock down I have caught up on a few woodworking projects and gardening.
Well folks and I hope you are well, have a great day, remembering today is good day to panic buy, fresh air, running water and footsteps.
Good to know you are still functioning and that "quirky" sense of humour remains intact. Oh, how Mrs @alf_Josiah must be looking forward to lock down with her reward for being a good gal. Stay in touch as we may all need to be Mrs A J's support group.

Reactions: trick60

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from the potential of another International Bin Day in the dark and dangerous north. Potential because unlike @OldButBold - ours are still in the “due” phase and unlike the Amazon van, the bin lorry cannot be tracked - genius idea - must get onto the council.

The wonder wheel of not much cooking yesterday bounced about and came in with a 5.1 this am - just can’t please some body parts these days.

Corner shops and garages now seem to be more of an attraction than supermarkets brimming with empty shelves. We have registered with Morrisons Supermarket for home delivery and placed an order - Next Wednesday. We have plenty of supplies until then and probably way beyond - except for wine - blast - still not managed to re-stock after Christmas - I keep buying the odd bottle but it seems to dissapear.

Our twin grandchildren, Chaos and Mayhem, turned three yesterday so we had a tea party for them using a multi hook up on IPads - just glad that I was not involved in whatever crazy stuff that they were eating.

Have as great a day as you can, big hug to Londoners who are two weeks into the future. I expect that mission creep will expand out of the cities fairly soon if certain members of our country don’t play this new Waddingtons game called Social Distancing.

Koffy - and on my own thank you.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from the potential of another International Bin Day in the dark and dangerous north. Potential because unlike @OldButBold - ours are still in the “due” phase and unlike the Amazon van, the bin lorry cannot be tracked - genius idea - must get onto the council.

The wonder wheel of not much cooking yesterday bounced about and came in with a 5.1 this am - just can’t please some body parts these days.

Corner shops and garages now seem to be more of an attraction than supermarkets brimming with empty shelves. We have registered with Morrisons Supermarket for home delivery and placed an order - Next Wednesday. We have plenty of supplies until then and probably way beyond - except for wine - blast - still not managed to re-stock after Christmas - I keep buying the odd bottle but it seems to dissapear.

Our twin grandchildren, Chaos and Mayhem, turned three yesterday so we had a tea party for them using a multi hook up on IPads - just glad that I was not involved in whatever crazy stuff that they were eating.

Have as great a day as you can, big hug to Londoners who are two weeks into the future. I expect that mission creep will expand out of the cities fairly soon if certain members of our country don’t play this new Waddingtons game called Social Distancing.

Koffy - and on my own thank you.
Bins? Moved on to skips here - same 2 week cycle but more room for the 200 loo rolls. Restocking wine seems a quaint notion. The facebook portal we bought to share MILs 90th with the Welsh is proving to be a top acquisition in these times. Take care in that there Frozen North - what date does the brown paper and goose fat officially come off or is that purely judged by olfactory organ?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Asked missus to just come home
Good call @jjraak I have been mulling over the prospect of driving down to our office to deliver paperwork & invoices...yesterday decided it's not worth the risk & posted them...many of our office staff are now working from home & many colleagues are expressing concerns about the enclosed proximity of courts police stations prison & custody suites...worrying if there is no work for me as someone who is self employed...I may need food parcels soon I'll start with @OldButBold I need those crumpets more than you...DM me for a delivery address:D:D:D.

Reactions: Ryhia

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can't see courts staying open
Why would any staff risk turning up ?

Might ALL be shut down by tomorrow.

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can't see courts staying open
Just been reading emails circulated via the LCCSA discussing that very issue, not just the courts...there are the prisons the police stations & custody suites TBH hygiene in those establishments is not great at the best of times...read one colleague who didn't want to let detainees use his pen asked the staff to provide one for his client they refused & no relaxing on being able to use/have hand sanitser or other products...where is this spirit of co-operation?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Hospital appointment went really well. Consultant said eyes ok so no eye injections needed at the moment. Next check in 3 months likely to be delayed because of the virus.

The eye clinic at the Norfolk and Norwich was spotless. Equipment sanitised after each patient and lots of hand sanitiser around. Was advised to keep hands on lap and not touch anything.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
18-03-2020
5.55am FBG 5.1 hey body clock! Why the early morning wakeup? Three days un a row now. Did manage to go back to sleep, another sign that I am not properly well yet. Along with the now infrequent coughs and sneezes.
7.30am FBG 5.3
@gennepher i was outraged for you at the uncaring attitude of that smoker.
Virtual hugs for all who need them. Stay well,

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
18-03-2020
5.55am FBG 5.1 hey body clock! Why the early morning wakeup? Three days un a row now. Did manage to go back to sleep, another sign that I am not properly well yet. Along with the now infrequent coughs and sneezes.
7.30am FBG 5.3
@gennepher i was outraged for you at the uncaring attitude of that smoker.
Virtual hugs for all who need them. Stay well,
Hug for the coughing and signs of malaise (hope it remains general rather than that which cannot be named) One imagines smokers may not be the only group who find lockdown rather trying leading to some much more unintended/unfortunate consequences but outrage is well directed in that case. Take care of yourself and the inestimable Mr SL.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
BBC news live updates.

Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, has admitted that political leaders initially "underestimated" the virus. In an interview with German newspaper Bild, she also said: "We understand that measures that seemed drastic two or three weeks ago, need to be taken now."

40km tailbacks as poles queue to get into Poland.

Across Europe counties taking action.
Shutdown.cant be far away

Last edited: