Isolated

Nicki.R

Hi, I am currently in self quarantine for 12 weeks now, I am feeling so lonely. I can't even walk the poor dog.

I can't have visitors as I have pulmonary fibrosis and heart disease too.

Feeling fed up.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fairly sure you can walk your dog. I have two. Hubby walks them because I suffer from a weakness and they can pull me over. No need to feel lonely, we are a great bunch.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that we are fortunate to have the internet which gives us a method of communication while being physically isolated. I don't dismiss the pain of physical isolation though.

I have heard that it helps some people to keep to a regime of getting up at a normal time and getting dressed etc as if going about their normal life.

My sympathies- keep reading around- and posting.

Good luck.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Cabin fever has truly infiltrated many countries and airports here in Australia are largely deserted. Nice to be divorced from reality with a bank of DVDs and live in a quiet town away from the shuffling madness.

Whatever the fallout might be, it will generate into overdrive, the construction of a compliant worldwide medical research team to reach a response to this threat and others sure to follow.

Rose22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I am currently in self quarantine for 12 weeks now, I am feeling so lonely. I can't even walk the poor dog.

Feeling fed up.
Hi, I sympathise, it is hard once loneliness kicks in, try not to focus on those feelings and look for some positives. You have a safe place to be in? Could anyone you know post you letters or magazines to read? Can you face time family/friends? to try pass some time and feel like interacting with people. Do you have any hobbies or puzzles you could do?
You have the dog as your companion, that’s a little blessing I’m sure and they are probably feeling similar to you! Wondering what’s going on, where all the usual visitors and walks are?
Try to take each day as it comes and appreciate what we have in here and now. Otherwise the thought of weeks is daunting for any of us! Keeping a routine may help divide the day and pass the time too?
Sorry I cannot think of any real ways to help you or make this easier. You are stronger than you know, and by taking it a day at time will suddenly be through it and we will all look back with astonishment at how our lives where drastically changed for a period but we did it! Take good care of yourself x

Reactions: Rubyjewelz

Martinjd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I know how your feeling, my daughter has told me she has made other arrangements for my two year old grandson. I have been looking after him two days a week but that has stopped until who knows when, I’m going to miss the little guy so much.

Reactions: Rubyjewelz

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know how your feeling, my daughter has told me she has made other arrangements for my two year old grandson. I have been looking after him two days a week but that has stopped until who knows when, I’m going to miss the little guy so much.

Hi there, this puzzled me, may I ask why? x

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
you cant take your kids round to some one else's house to look after, you cant leave your house..

Even before the latest round of advice taking your kids to an older relative to look after was strongly discouraged to avoid it spreading to people who wouldnt be able to fight it off

Martinjd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi there, this puzzled me, may I ask why? x

Its due to social distancing and avoiding contact, my daughter is a dental nurse who is only treating people in need of emergency treatment. So obviously it’s not a good idea for any of us to have contact. This virus is going to kill an awful lot more people if we don’t take it seriously and follow government instructions.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its due to social distancing and avoiding contact, my daughter is a dental nurse who is only treating people in need of emergency treatment. So obviously it’s not a good idea for any of us to have contact. This virus is going to kill an awful lot more people if we don’t take it seriously and follow government instructions.
I'm missing our little guy too, we know it makes sense but it still hurts doesn't it?

Rubyjewelz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Illness

Feeling fed up.
Hello, i'm isolating too, it's so boring, you're lucky to have a doggie...you can go for a little walk...it's fine...x

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm getting fed up of looking at the same 8 walls (bedroom or living room), I don't feel lonely as I'm not a very sociable person anyway but we live in a terraced house with thin walls and all of our neighbours are SO noisy and I miss being able to go out to get away from them :hilarious:

MollieB

I live in the States, in one of the "epicenters" we can still walk our dogs here. In fact, going on walks is encouraged (as long as you remain the appropriate distance apart). Personally, I have only seen a handful of people out walking so keeping my distance hasn't been a problem.

Reactions: Martinjd

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Martinjd - Try to build yourself some form of routine. Walking your dog? Why not think of doing that first thing or in the evening?

I had to pick up my prescription yesterday. I went about 16:30. My rationale was that the sun was going down, so it was getting cooler. Anyone with family, might be at home by then, people planning to cook could be getting that under way.

I encountered on lady, walking with a baby in a pushchair, or her way to the village shop (opposite the pharmacy), but we were on opposite sides of the road.

There was nobody in the pharmacy,............ Nobody. I was astonished!

Maybe I got really lucky, but it felt like people seem to be taking this latest appeal/requirement more seriously that previous measures.

Obviously, you have to decide for yourself, but maybe plan to have a chat with the little guy every few days? Children can be so cute on video calls, and adults just avoid the video bit, often!

Stay well.