What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy to see how my story of the guinea-pigs and other pets brought back good memories to many :)

OK I am 28 minutes past yesterday but here is yesterday's art. COlour Pencil a tad larger than A4 20 minutes.
Inspired by @OldButBold photograph and his wonderful description of lost souls. This is a study for some paintings I will do based on the photograph, probably in oils or acrylic. I have included the photo as a thumbnail.

View attachment 39632

View attachment 39633

That is a stunning drawing, especially with @OldButBold 's description, 'Souls lost at sea returning to the land' to go with it. My mother drowned 23 years ago in a sailing accident during a storm and your work really touched me.

I'm not sure how close I'm dancing to the forum rules here but do you perchance sell your work?
(If so, please don't post a link, that would definitely cross the line of the forum rules.)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Who would have ever have seriously considered that the commute to work could have deadly consequences.
The dangers were always there from numerous sources we all just didn't acknowledge them. Many other cultures are much more open in acknowledging them and giving thanks to who or what ever they feel kept them safe. Moot point whether our sophistication or sophistry has taken the biggest hit.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning which was a nice start. Went downhill a bit when No2 daughter ( the yr2 trainee nurse) said that 3 people on her course had been mugged for their NHS ID lanyards. Beggars belief and I wish festering genital warts upon these people.
@PenguinMum don’t feel ashamed about not speaking up to the pharmacist, it’s quite understandable - he was at fault not you.
@Muddy Cyclist I really love your drawing, coloured pencils can produce amazing results in the right hands which yours quite evidently are! Thanks to @OldButBold for the inspiration too.

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hancock mullered by pierce on breakfast TV.
Surprised he didn't storm off.. But still insisting all this is just advisory...and the health workers have the kit it's just about getting it to them..
And testing IS being ramped up.:rolleyes:

How I wish they'd stop using that word and instead CALL it like it is.. we SHOULD but we can't...because we left it too late ..:banghead:

Sat here in central London .. busier then I expected,. Though rush hour is greatly eased.
I guess we'll be paying in two weeks time for the lack of leadership.

Over 9 Milliion people, have been spreading
this for weeks
Sort out payments, and shut us down now .

Give us a some chance of getting this under control, please.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy to see how my story of the guinea-pigs and other pets brought back good memories to many :)

That is a stunning drawing, especially with @OldButBold 's description, 'Souls lost at sea returning to the land' to go with it. My mother drowned 23 years ago in a sailing accident during a storm and your work really touched me.

I'm not sure how close I'm dancing to the forum rules here but do you perchance sell your work?
(If so, please don't post a link, that would definitely cross the line of the forum rules.)
Thank you for your compliments re art work and posting your animal experiences. How sad you lost your mother to the wilder elements of our world but hope my work touched you with a positive and lovely memory of your mom.

I paint for pleasure and hopefully to share my imagination with others, so never sell my work but give it away to who ever enjoys it. Occasionally people like a piece of art I finish and if I think I could do better often re create it and offer them either. Sorry no website or social media outlet, just what I post here, inspired by @gennepher and her idea to paint one a day.

Edit : actually @gennepher idea to paint one a day was at first quite a challenge but a good one as it made me pick up my brushes, pencils and pastels. Now it's going to be a mental life saver as Mrs MC and I are 70 and are trying to do our bit to protect us and the brave NHS workers by staying at home, not see family and friends, even finding it hard to decide if we should go and get fresh food and I have decided to curtail my Muddy CYcle rides incase of crashes, so painting, music making and garden are essential. Oh and I should say Mrs MC is looking after her horse but is not going to ride for the same reasons.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What ??

When did taking the bus to work for millions become risky ?
So there was no bombs, crashes, sick people mingling, muggings, attacks on people? People always knew the rest of the passengers weren't contagious or murderous? History isn't littered with examples of plagues?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So there was no bombs, crashes, sick people mingling, muggings, attacks on people? People always knew the rest of the passengers weren't contagious or murderous? History isn't littered with examples of plagues?
Utter tosh at this moment in time

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Utter tosh at this moment in time
Respect for your concern and rural Suffolk isn't London so our perspectives are bound to be different. We seem as a society to have become far too complacent around all kinds of risk - dismissed as Health and Safety gone mad. This threat (COVID) is on a whole new level and it has highlighted the danger of that complacency especially in heavily populated areas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krystyna23040

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...no time to read posts have to get ready for work...I'm in Central London cant say I'm not worried but have to go to work...will be packing the usual things in bag hand sanitiser anti-bacterial wipes disposable gloves...myself & my colleagues considered key workers many thousands of us self employed not backed by this government with financial protection as other workers are hoping those measures will be revised today...keep safe everyone.
Do take the best care you can HB and its people like you that keep us ticking along unlike the crowds of idiots out in the parks and beaches yesterday. Watch your back or more importantly your front. :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all from the quietness of the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of strange days and staying at home came in at a fair to middling 4.3 this am.

Stayed at home yesterday and will be doing so now unless I need to forage for wine and other essentials.
The garden is looking spruce after supervising Mrs Miggins from the safety of the summer house.
I have now set up a gym in the conservatory; road bike on a back wheel conversion kit, resistance bands, kettle bells, weights and exercise mat - probably will only visit it once.
Hope everyone is well and not going insane just yet. I had my insanity melt down quite a long time ago and do my mind altering mantra, curtesy of a wonderful CBT psych, as and when - you have to escape into the realms of reality some times - Make it so Spock.

Here is my favorite version of “From A Distance”, words included for @gennepher
Have a great day if you can, don’t forget to wear your hoola hoop if you venure outdoors.

Koffy calls

Thank you very much @dunelm
, especially for including a video with the words as part of the video. I am having problem at the mo in getting captions/subtitles with the internet being a bit overloaded at the moment.

Reactions: Ryhia

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
yes it is as i am finding out each day.

The songs are getting better, the family are lovely for making such effort, the least we can do is congregate as per govt instructions. more come out each day, may be an issue at some point, but i do check my 6 at all times and move as others get close.

we are blessed, as will others be. once we all come to this point, sadly.

a slight side note, the lady NHS.has hit me..
the video of the Medic crying because of no food left on shelves...hit me too

i have suggested to our group, that when we shop, we all buy ONE item extra for the NHS in our locality.
sure many may not need it, but as this crisis bites, they do and will suffer the most...less time, more stress, poor food choice

be nice if we could all chip in a bit to add to their shopping
and if given to a NHS worker, but not needed by them it could then go to the team at the local hospital to distribute as they see fit to those team members going without, due to the selfless acts of theirs and the selfish actions of others.

i see it as a giant harvest festival for NHS staff..Sod the chocolates,, lets give them the option of a choice of foods. while
they work saving lives, while we sit at home

the least they deserve and we can offer, is that they get to EAT proper decent food at the end of shift, after they have slaved away working to save US & our families.
The soup/stew kitchen where my hubby was volunteering had a directive for it to close so this charity is no longer able to support the homeless and low income families at this time. This left their cooking unit redundant for the foreseeable. Anyway the person who runs it got a phone call from someone who used to volunteer at the charity asking if it were possible to use the unit as some people in Middlesbrough council are wanting a place where they can make up food parcels to distribute to the vulnerable in the area. Not sure if it is official food parcels which the PM talked about or something of a voluntary nature.

Those who administer the soup kitchen charity think this is a great idea and great use of their resources as some of those people they can no longer cater for will hopefully be identified amongst those who are vulnerable. The charity has offered all the stocks of food in the warehouse to start them off.

Last edited:
Reactions: SlimLizzy

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do take the best care you can HB and its people like you that keep us ticking along unlike the crowds of idiots out in the parks and beaches yesterday. Watch your back or more importantly your front. :)
Thanks PM just had a phone call from the company I work with they have said don't go to work today...they will pay me then have a meeting about how to deal with this...relieved.

Reactions: DJC3

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. It appears a little discussion is running over risk and perceived risk. A subjective issue.

A young 5.8 this morning.

My tasks for today are long in list and if I don't complete some of them, murderous, well to be more correct Mrs J will murder me, perhaps the first death attributed to lockdown. If I post no more then we will know I have been murdered.
Have a great day all and stay safe.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So much for the great Gov idea of keeping 70 year olds at home. Mrs MC and I have just tried to shop on line at all of our local supermarkets NON can offer any Pick up or Delivery slots to select from :banghead:

So I have to go shopping or subject my kids to the risk. No alternative.

Edit just for info we are not desperate YET! But it does not bode well in my opinion.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Fbg of 6.2 which makes me feel the need to exculpate myself in these austere times. OMAD and LCHF yesterday along with isolation ending up with that result feels like letting the side down badly. Fantastic art work @Muddy Cyclist and @gennepher. Heart warming tales (the singing) @jjraak and (the rent) @Muddy Cyclist. @dunelm great fbg and I too find that version of the song my favourite. Have this sentiment on the house - I like this video the best.

lyrics https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/judds/lovecanbuildabridge.html

Beautiful @ianpspurs
Thank you for the lyrics.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hancock mullered by pierce on breakfast TV.
Good he's hopelessly incompetent as are the rest of the cabinet we need leadership & strong direction it won't come from the present administration get them to step aside...we must have better crisis managers in the Tory party bring them forward or if it has to be cross party managers so be it...now is not the time for egos or status party politics must be put aside we have to work out the best way to limit/mitigate the damage this virus is inflicting & will inflict...keep as safe as you can everyone.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist