What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
People who get the letter and are on their own with no outside help some sort of basic food package is supposed to be delivered by volunteers or the armed forces.

I have no idea how it works and it probably won't if online shopping is anything to go by.
A massive fail then @Muddy Cyclist

My friends are waiting until April for their online deliveries, and what will be in stock then?

I have spent the day, with the help of an online friend to try and find out what my surgery and pharmacy are doing about repeat prescriptions. Obviously phone lines are busy. So my online friend found email addresses for the surgery and a couple of other things to get me possible help.

My brain has flatlined in any effort to help myself or compose any letters, so she had to draft emails for me to copy and paste. I even made a pigs ear of that. But I managed it in the end.

I am exhausted and I haven't completed my digital painting yet, be so must finish that now....

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

My friends are waiting until April for their online deliveries, and what will be in stock then?

I have spent the day, with the help of an online friend to try and find out what my surgery and pharmacy are doing about repeat prescriptions. Obviously phone lines are busy. So my online friend found email addresses for the surgery and a couple of other things to get me possible help.

My brain has flatlined in any effort to help myself or compose any letters, so she had to draft emails for me to copy and paste. I even made a pigs ear of that. But I managed it in the end.

I am exhausted and I haven't completed my digital painting yet, be so must finish that now....

Hug for the day,
win for the determined attitude.
like the outside world
the painting will wait patiently for us.

take care
gennepher

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
20200324_134800.jpg

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Productive day for me managed to strip and polish MILs dinning chairs, felt a bit odd having them but MILwillnever gobackto her bungalow, so Chablis Chick (really,) shabby chick mainly because I could not get all that black Errcol stain off but we now can sit 12 around our dinning table when the leaves are added. However no family gatherings foran unknown amount of time..
Here are two of them done....
View attachment 39591
Not in style of our dinning room but sort of match the kitchen...
View attachment 39592

I think I'm going to have to slow down with this DIY stuff Mrs MC will be expecting more. :joyful:
You've done a good job. Very good job. Lovely.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You take care of yourself and Popeye @gennepher . Realistically, nothing much will change in 12 weeks. My horizon is the 18 months to 2 - at least? - years until a vaccine appears. If bg goes a little awry due to restrictions and specific food shortages it can be pulled back - I know how to do that. Very Bee Gees right now especially NHS staff, undertakers, all deemed needed to put themselves and their family in harm's way for the greater good. My bg or freedom are of no flipping importance unless I hinder the medics through wilful neglect. Besides, clocks go forward this weekend so I'll get an extra hour indoors:) and Spurs can't flop for weeks.
And we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive
Thanks @ianpspurs
Nothing will change in a few months, I agree. I see the current situation until at least to after next Christmas, to next March...
I hate the clocks going forward, it depresses me and makes me sad, because I was just getting used to and welcoming the early daylight...

Reactions: jjraak

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes

Just catching up.
Well stay strong you are doing what you can. Remember if you exhaust yourself you can't help your friend. Take time out for yourself. Recharge your energy levels and take time out for painting.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just catching up.
Well stay strong you are doing what you can. Remember if you exhaust yourself you can't help your friend. Take time out for yourself. Recharge your energy levels and take time out for painting.
I do need to recharge. Painting is recharging @alf_Josiah
I need to paint more...
Thank you.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Feel a lot more positive this evening. My rewrites of the lesson plans and exercise sheets went really well today (brain was working better than it was yesterday) so tomorrow will email them to class members. They now have a large repertoire of stretches and release work which will be helpful during these stressful times.

We had a lovely doggie walk in the sunshine at the little fen that is really close to our house. That really lifted our spirits. It is always so quiet there - its a little hidden gem.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, everyone.
I got a phone call from the small-town apartment this afternoon. They have an apartment ready for me. :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At last finished my daily painting that's taken 4 days, but only about 2 hours in total painting time. Third in my Slate series, not happy with it so shall probably paint another to replace it at some point..wattercolour based on the old mine buildings on Snowdon Watkins Trail, A4 Size. have put the other two up as Thumbnails...
View attachment 39593

View attachment 39594 View attachment 39595

You've inspired me (with @gennepher ). Bought this!
@jjraak agree completely with your sentiments. However this current way of managing food and medicines isnt working so far as I can see. How many consecutive days can I put myself at risk to queue for a packet of paracetemol at Boots? I am fearing our monthly prescription drugs (9 for Mr PM and 4 for me) may not continue to be available. AND when we get further into this towards the peak I am going to have to put myself in harms way to pick them up even though I want and need to lockdown.
The Govt always seems to me to be several steps behind on everything. The cant keep saying there is enough food to go round and then not take control and stop relying on the public to self police. It is NOT working. We need ration lists and meds posted to us NOW. I cant believe I was asked to use the same pen at Boots this morningbto sign for a prescription. This just SHOUDNT be happening. I want to be responsible and considerate of everyone else but things like this MUST change.
PS. Relatives in Ireland are going to post me patacetemol so that will be a big help.
Sorry for rant. Are others not having the same experience as me??
For our once a day exercise today we walked to aldi, right past a pharmacy, with NO QUEUE. I rang buzzer. Lady came. Paracetamol please. (I was going to buy to send you). Non in! I will be going into town tomorrow to buy a couple of essentials and will be on the lookout again.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I keep waking up in the middle of the night and being unable to get back to sleep - very frustrating then I’m tired all afternoon. FBG is 4.3 at the moment, I’ve made a mug of tea and back in bed feeling quite cosy and warm and happy to be here.
Planned big Mothering Sunday dinner obviously won’t be happening now but there’s still plenty to feel grateful for.
@PenguinMum have you looked at this https://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk to get your meds delivered? Free delivery on all NHS prescriptions
@Muddy Cyclist I love your slate pictures and @gennepher your art app is really interesting, I’ve just received some coloured pencils I ordered, plus blender and burnisher pencils. I’m going to take inspiration from you both and start to draw again.
Hope everyone has a contented and relaxed day as possible.
Hubby uses pharmacy2u. Works well for his BP meds. Delivered in the post. Ordered online.
I've ordered an art set too! Me and Eric are going to do a drawing a day over facetime with our 3 year old granddaughter. I'm useless but Eric used to go to lessons. He is a natural. You may have stiff competition @Muddy Cyclist and @gennepher ;-)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You've inspired me (with @gennepher ). Bought this!

For our once a day exercise today we walked to aldi, right past a pharmacy, with NO QUEUE. I rang buzzer. Lady came. Paracetamol please. (I was going to buy to send you). Non in! I will be going into town tomorrow to buy a couple of essentials and will be on the lookout again.
So kind of you Debs...I got 200 paracetemol in the mail today from my bro in Ireland so crisis averted! How is your auntie over there coping?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, everyone.
I got a phone call from the small-town apartment this afternoon. They have an apartment ready for me. :)
That is great news! Will you be able to proceed now or have to wait due to restrictions of movement? I like good news :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So kind of you Debs...I got 200 paracetemol in the mail today from my bro in Ireland so crisis averted! How is your auntie over there coping?

She is 80. Has COPD. On warfarin. She has had 2 big ops for aortic aneurysm. 1st wasnt successful. 2nd one moreso. That said she was recently hospitalised following our meet up in Scotland recently. She was very unwell when she returned home. Severe leg pain. She was in hospital for a few days. She has a clot. Not good news as I dont think they can operate again. She is self isolating. Taking things a day at a time. She has 10 children and many grandchildren. Most live in or around Dublin and are popping up to see her through the window. She isnt letting it get her down. I posted my latest letter to her yesterday. We write every week. Sometimes twice. She wont let me email Haha. Prefers the written word. I am worried about her but her voice messages on what's app give me much reassurance she is doing ok.

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is great news! Will you be able to proceed now or have to wait due to restrictions of movement? I like good news :)

I can proceed. Wednesday morning (today) I will turn in my 30 days' notice here. I hope I won't have to stay here for the full 30 days; I'm ready to go whenever my friend can help move me.

I'm glad you got some paracetamol. I hope you've been able to get some rest -- what are you doing awake so early? :)