What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No fbg but 5.3 @ 12:20 ish after lots of tea and some cheddar - don't usually eat anything that early but OMAD may not be best for me in the bigger picture. BG level about normal for me around this time - just never shows well in lab tests hence my reticence to endorse LC. I do wonder about A1c versus day to day readings and other markers such as reversal of earlier signs of retinopathy but I would say that wouldn't I if my A1c is not great - (5 year average 5.65)

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
30-03-2020
7.30am FBG 4.8
Left early to go shopping.
Took my Attestation form, correctly filled in with date and time I left the house.
Have to say it was a strange experience. Roads nearly empty, few pedestrians. Not many people in the supermarket either. Attitudes of both shoppers and supermarket management varied widely.
In one store it appeared to be almost business as usual. Except for the labelled Disinfected and Return used trolley here rows. Staff unloading from the same box, working very closely together putting up new displays. There were new screens in front of the cashiers. Some were wearing gloves. Am guessing they provided their own from the variety of colours.
In a different store. No signs on trolleys. Kept my gloves on. But I had to ask one man, who was shopping with a companion, against the lockdown rules, to keep his distance. The same man was behind me at the checkout, neglected to place a divider, so suddenly we are getting our shopping mixed up. The man seemed to think I was the one with a problem. The store manager had to come and void all the extra items off my bill. He had no PPE at all. The cashier was behind a screen, wearing a hairnet, mask, long sleeved top with tight cuffs tucked into her gloves, and a clear helmet similar to a welders mask. Looked like something out of one of those films. But ofc this is real.
Got hugely stressed.
Had long hotter than usual shower and washed my hair when I got home.
Didn't get all I wanted or needed so will have to go again. Maybe tomorrow to get it over with. Then we can stay at home for an extended period of time.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
When i got home , message on this forum. Did we all get one?
Screenshot_20200330-141843_Chrome.jpeg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My FBG this morning was 4.8. Mr Fuzz was late for his breakfast and seemed to have a lot of worries one of whom wasnt Bobs as I now lock her in till he has finished. Both my fridges getting emptier but probs enough till end of week and am grateful to have so much. Such a cold wind the last two days so not venturi g into the garden until the temp goes up a bit. @ianpspurs how is Mrs P today?

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Said I would get my comeuppance after the wine, 5.8 on the meter.

We decided to go for a walk this morning, there is an old railway track just along the road from us so we walked along that then we followed a right of way through some fields before circumnavigating our way back. Not out long but oh it felt so good. The track was relatively deserted just a couple of cyclists and a couple of dog walkers so well able to stay out of the way.

Thought I had managed to get another Tesco slot this morning, it was there and I selected it then I went to quickly put something in the shopping trolley and it was gone! Don't know what happened. There is obviously a skill to this that I haven't figured out yet. Still got my slot for the 13th though so everything rosy.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
30-03-2020
7.30am FBG 4.8
Left early to go shopping.
Took my Attestation form, correctly filled in with date and time I left the house.
Have to say it was a strange experience. Roads nearly empty, few pedestrians. Not many people in the supermarket either. Attitudes of both shoppers and supermarket management varied widely.
In one store it appeared to be almost business as usual. Except for the labelled Disinfected and Return used trolley here rows. Staff unloading from the same box, working very closely together putting up new displays. There were new screens in front of the cashiers. Some were wearing gloves. Am guessing they provided their own from the variety of colours.
In a different store. No signs on trolleys. Kept my gloves on. But I had to ask one man, who was shopping with a companion, against the lockdown rules, to keep his distance. The same man was behind me at the checkout, neglected to place a divider, so suddenly we are getting our shopping mixed up. The man seemed to think I was the one with a problem. The store manager had to come and void all the extra items off my bill. He had no PPE at all. The cashier was behind a screen, wearing a hairnet, mask, long sleeved top with tight cuffs tucked into her gloves, and a clear helmet similar to a welders mask. Looked like something out of one of those films. But ofc this is real.
Got hugely stressed.
Had long hotter than usual shower and washed my hair when I got home.
Didn't get all I wanted or needed so will have to go again. Maybe tomorrow to get it over with. Then we can stay at home for an extended period of time.
Not surprised that you got hugely stressed. Hope you can now relax and unwind.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My FBG this morning was 4.8. Mr Fuzz was late for his breakfast and seemed to have a lot of worries one of whom wasnt Bobs as I now lock her in till he has finished. Both my fridges getting emptier but probs enough till end of week and am grateful to have so much. Such a cold wind the last two days so not venturi g into the garden until the temp goes up a bit. @ianpspurs how is Mrs P today?
Thank you for enquiring about Julie, who is tired/sleepy but otherwise ok. in contact via video calls so I can make snap judgements about changes. So very kind and thoughtful of you to think of her. She is eating, drinking and no change in general condition, so that is positive. Great fbg. I hope you, Mr PM and friend stay well.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for enquiring about my boss who is tired but otherwise ok. She is eating and drinking so that is positive. Great fbg. I hope you, Mr PM and friend stay well.
Thats good to hear. My friend wants to return home in the next couple of days. I have no idea if I am permitted to drive that far but once in her own home she would have another level of security and be near her GP etc.

Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And so it begins.

Sister in law's brother.
Diagnosed and poorly in hospital Scotland.
Family told little they can do.
Ventilator needed for younger patient
He been ill for a bit.. now got pneumonia.

Hard bit is my lot would be there like a shot.
His daughter killed herself last year, so no one else really to be there for him.

A looking now to see what options might be if as doctors expect, he passes away.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And so it begins.

Sister in law's brother.

His daughter killed herself last year, so no one else really to be there for him.

A looking now to see what options might be if as doctors expect, he passes away.
Thats very tough JJ horrible news and of course SIL cant be there. Really tough.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for enquiring about Julie, who is tired/sleepy but otherwise ok. in contact via video calls so I can make snap judgements about changes. So very kind and thoughtful of you to think of her. She is eating, drinking and no change in general condition, so that is positive. Great fbg. I hope you, Mr PM and friend stay well.
Sorry, I missed your post about Julie being ill. Is it the virus?

Reactions: gennepher

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And so it begins.

Sister in law's brother.

That is so sad. What a horrible situation.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today. A digital painting. With SketchClubApp. It took me 4 hours!

I used to love Marcel Marceau when I was younger (this isn't him), but with being profoundly deaf I used to love mime.

So this is my last clown for the moment. I will think of something else for tomorrow..

A37E53E5-F970-40B6-AA0C-515D72F4128C.jpeg