What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Somedays the great jester in the sky looks down and you just know it's your turn.

Her Ladyship, obviously concerned for my health just informed me that she is buying me a robot window cleaner as "you are probably not safe on a ladder coughing like that". She also let me know the new pressure washer has arrived and it is forecast to be sunny for a week. :banghead:

If I survive this I definitely need a new home :(

I would love to know what planet your ladyship is from.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.
Me and me's logged on earlier, but life, the universe and Mrs J intervened, such is life.
A 5.6 this morning and a hmmmm just what is that meter up to.

A big apology I don't have time to read in depth all of the posts, but I have noticed that at least 3 of our regular posters are having more than their fair share of trouble. To all who are having problems my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Now I'm not saying that being locked down and under intense scrutiny by Mrs J and our children is getting to me, but I can't break wind without them wanting to stuff a thermometer where the sun doesn't shine, corks would be more appropriate.
Have a great afternoon folks.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.
Me and me's logged on earlier, but life, the universe and Mrs J intervened, such is life.
A 5.6 this morning and a hmmmm just what is that meter up to.

A big apology I don't have time to read in depth all of the posts, but I have noticed that at least 3 of our regular posters are having more than their fair share of trouble. To all who are having problems my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Now I'm not saying that being locked down and under intense scrutiny by Mrs J and our children is getting to me, but I can't break wind without them wanting to stuff a thermometer where the sun doesn't shine, corks would be more appropriate.
Have a great afternoon folks.
Winner for your attitude to adversity which I would imagine was forged during the really dark times earlier in life. Stay put young man and endure the tough love. Your loved/loving ones need you to hang around for a good while yet and we also need you to be here. Now shove that cork and thermometer just a little further up and clench!

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm losing my mind... does that count? ;)
Did you leave it in the scanner....?
0E39DF8E-93DA-48D6-B648-173C4F1DCBF2.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today.
Worked in SketcheClubApp.

It has probably taken me near on 3 hours.

I have several laughing Buddhas. Some fancy. But this one is a clay one. I have a rosary (no I am not Catholic, nor am I religious, but J bought this rosary for me when we visited St Winefrides Well, before I moved to Wales). I keep it wrapped round Laughing Buddha.

So, my offering for today...

8BC83E9F-949B-4553-8281-0A7307091002.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting for today.
Worked in SketcheClubApp.

It has probably taken me near on 3 hours.

I have several laughing Buddhas. Some fancy. But this one is a clay one. I have a rosary (no I am not Catholic, nor am I religious, but J bought this rosary for me when we visited St Winefrides Well, before I moved to Wales). I keep it wrapped round Laughing Buddha.

So, my offering for today...

View attachment 39864
At first sight I thought it was a photo of the statue. Well drawn @gennepher.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So did you do a lot of intarsia then? (Just put that in to confuse the guys). Used to have an old Passap then moved onto a Singer but nothing fancy, certainly never graduated to a computerized machine. Can you remember the knitted skirts you could make, mine always managed to droop after washing. Lol.
Actually, I think my designs were more Fair-Isle than Intarsia. I started with a second hand machine in the late 70s and then graduated to a top of the range machine. I think it was a Knitmaster. It was built in Japan and the instruction book was not a very good translation into English.

I never tried skirts but do remember my mother hand knitting a woollen swimming costume when I was a child. As you can imagine it was not a success. The droop of your skirt was nothing compared the droop of this swimming costume when exiting the swimming pool.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's great - it would have taken you hours and hours of work to have achieved such perfect symmetry.

When my children were young I started designing and making knitwear on a knitting machine. Had a shop window in the little local store and post office. My inspiration was Kaffe Fassett. The machine aided perfect symmetry - just like the app. I loved working with colour and design.

I could have worked for days and days and never achieved any symmetry at all on my own! :D

Your knitwear work sounds fascinating. :) What is a knitting machine like?
I've just Googled Kaffe Fassett. Lovely colors and designs.