Type 1'stars R Us

npatel19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
To be fair to you. You did have a worrying stomach bug. You may well be still a little tender from that?

Continue to stay hydrated. Warm water with sliced lemon works for me.
Yes that’s exactly what I’ve been drinking, my mum had made an Indian concoction that is supposed to help the throat and chest so I add a teaspoon of that into my lemon water too. Thank you!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes that’s exactly what I’ve been drinking, my mum had made an Indian concoction that is supposed to help the throat and chest so I add a teaspoon of that into my lemon water too. Thank you!

Though I'm located in the south west UK. I sometimes add a Scottish concoction to mine.

Stay well, the phycology of it, is half the battle.. :)

Reactions: karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Yes, stay well @npatel19, being ill is tough, and especially now when there’s more than bloods to worry about. You’ve come through this time, you’re no doubt stronger than you think.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kev-w Don't you love when you have to eat something just so you can exercise???? Drives me nuts sometimes!

Aye it does, but for swimming it's a banana and for the weights I don't seem to need glucose whilst in the gym but do after a couple of hours, unless it coincides with teatime and then I need a u less insulin :)

I hadn't ridden the bike for a while as I've been busy ripping the house to bits so the 14 mile rides are a shock to the system and I'm not a spring chicken any more :p

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon all, been out hunting and gathering - Lidl for most stuff and Sainsbury’s for the vegan meat replacement things I like. The only thing that I usually bit that was in short supply was eggs and cheap cat food - so we got just the six eggs, and the cats get posh pouch food. Something definitely wrong here...

Welcome to the bonkersness of this thread @npatel19 ! I’m just taking one day at a time regarding the coronavirus, taking reasonable precautions. I’m fairly resigned to catching it sooner rather than later, as not only am I about to start working for the ambulance service as a non-emergency driver (I’m a paramedic student, and we’ve all been put on study leave as the uni is closed, they’ve asked us to work for them in any capacity we’re trained to) and will be working with patients, but my husband works in the main post sorting office. I’ve updated my will and final wishes just in case the worst happens, as a family we’ve had some serious conversations about the possibilities ahead. So everything is in order, which has given me a sense of calm. Whatever happens, happens. So for now I’m enjoying pottering in my garden, reading, knitting, spending time with my husband and son, and settling in for the long haul!

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greeting fellow pumpers and prickers hope you are all keeping well and in good spirits ( not that sort of spirit @Jaylee ) ;)

Woke to rather nice 4.9 this morning but since then been sitting around 9:banghead::banghead:

Decided to go to chemist today to pick prescription. It has been shambolic to say the least with typically 40/50 people queueing up to get in, taking anything from 2-- 3 hours. Opens at 10, so went down about 9.15 and there was still 15 people in front of me. Took 1.5 hours to get served. Not due to a lack of staff either, there must have been about 9 of them, going through orders etc. By the time I left must have been about 60 in the queue.

Really busy day at work as well, as it is end of month.

Its my wifes 60th birthday today, but due to Covid 19 everything has been put on hold. I had booked her in for a Spa day with her sister but obviously hd to cancel. Hopefully the local takeaway is still open.

Take care all and look after yourselves

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think I’m going through some fog. My pump has been beeping through out the day for the last two days, while it was working to some extent, I was extremely tired from the disturbance. My sensor decided to pack up this evening with 3 days left on it. Frustrated as I was, I called medtronic and they said replacements and sensors orders are on back order. I was like okay, I’ll wait for them because I do have spares. My BG hasn’t been too good since Monday, I have a headache from a hypo so I said screw this and took Tresiba and I will resume pumping in 3 days time. I’m going to crawl under my blankets and call it a day.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Greeting fellow pumpers and prickers hope you are all keeping well and in good spirits ( not that sort of spirit @Jaylee ) ;)

Woke to rather nice 4.9 this morning but since then been sitting around 9:banghead::banghead:

Decided to go to chemist today to pick prescription. It has been shambolic to say the least with typically 40/50 people queueing up to get in, taking anything from 2-- 3 hours. Opens at 10, so went down about 9.15 and there was still 15 people in front of me. Took 1.5 hours to get served. Not due to a lack of staff either, there must have been about 9 of them, going through orders etc. By the time I left must have been about 60 in the queue.

Really busy day at work as well, as it is end of month.

Its my wifes 60th birthday today, but due to Covid 19 everything has been put on hold. I had booked her in for a Spa day with her sister but obviously hd to cancel. Hopefully the local takeaway is still open.

Take care all and look after yourselves

smc - The other day when I needed to pick up my own script, I went just after 4pm, having seem queues a few days earlier.

My rationale was by that time, folks might likely be thinking about preparing dinner, feeding children or whatever, and with the sun going down, so was the temperature.

I was there on my own. Not another person, aside from the pharmacy staff.

Of course, I may just have got very lucky, but next time around, I'll put it to the test again - or go later. Our pharmacy is open until 10pm most days.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
smc - The other day when I needed to pick up my own script, I went just after 4pm, having seem queues a few days earlier.

My rationale was by that time, folks might likely be thinking about preparing dinner, feeding children or whatever, and with the sun going down, so was the temperature.

I was there on my own. Not another person, aside from the pharmacy staff.

Of course, I may just have got very lucky, but next time around, I'll put it to the test again - or go later. Our pharmacy is open until 10pm most days.

Ours is now on lunch 1--2 then open 2--5. To be honest the Q's have been constant for weeks now no matter when you go. Dont want to risk going late afternoon in case I cant get it all all. Lucky if they processing 15 people an hour

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Groceries and pharmacies here are closing by 8:00. We have a curfew at 9:00.

I have had 100% time in range for the last 11 of 12 days. The 12th day was a bad pod that decided to act up in the middle of the night. I woke to an alarm, gave myself insulin thinking that solved it and went back to sleep. But since I never dropped enough my alarm didn’t go off for another 2 hours. (Had to change my pod in the middle of the night).

That’s irksome but fine, but I’m more mad it screwed up the very hard to do 100% 14 day streak time in range lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967 and kev-w

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1585723513622.jpg

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, yesterday disappeared in a flash somehow until I really screwed up last night. Took 10u of what should've been Lantus, but was fiddling with both pens at the time (stoopid!) and suddenly realised I didn't know which I'd injected. I practically never have that much Humalog, so if that's what I'd taken I was in trouble . So had to choose between waiting and fixing a potential hypo, or eating and fixing a potential high. I waited, and if I'm ever dim enough to not know again what I've injected (first time in 34 years to be fair) I'm not going to wait. Managed to fix it myself but there was a point where I thought I might have to ask for help. Drop was massive, very fast, and took forever to respond. I think because it was so low and prolonged I had a massive liver dump because I woke at 4.15 this morning at 18+. A cautious correction (couldn't face another hypo!) saw me get up on a 13, hope I've fixed that with a breakfast adjustment. Thought for the day: do not have both pens out together when injecting. Think I'll write that out 100 times......

Have a good day all, like the bunnies @karen8967 :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone, white rabbits x 3.
I recommend today's Tweet of the Day on Radio 4, listen to it on Sounds, it's just before the 6am news. Go to the Sounds site, radio 4, then the schedule.
I use the small local chemist or rather Mr B volunteered to go. Only 1 customer in at a time and he was 2nd in line. The pharmacist recognised him and as the guy in front came out he handed the meds to Mr B. A really brilliant shop and great guy.
Sorry to hear about the pen problem @hh1 It must be great to have hens @slip but can't have them here because of the foxes.
The pond is now finished and ready to fill. I spent all yesterday in the garden so didn't get to do the bathroom flooring. Another day on my knees. I'm no spring chicken either @kev-w but I can still wriggle about on the floor. Stanley knife here I come.
No badge again

Reactions: kev-w and Marie 2

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! Many sympathies on the insulin muddle @hh1 and I can confirm my liver reacted the same for days after my own version of it!

Two days of more usual activity level has sorted me out. I'm saving sugar soaping, the walls and paint work, for another week.Normally I'd do it when furniture has been moved as I do a big clean but In current circumstances I don't think moving furniture again is a problem...

Reactions: karen8967