What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I took my life in my hands and am now waiting the arrival of my divorce papers. Today I risked a portrait of Mrs MC, non of you will have a clue if it's a true likeness or not, Mrs MC is not happy and I have to say there is a likeness but something very menacing about it. Yes Mrs MC can be very menacing but I have strict instructions to get it sorted before this evenings dinner or else. So a quick post here and back to the drawing board :banghead:

Edit, whoops forgot to add picture, pastel A4 90 minutes.
View attachment 39865

And just for good measure I did a quick charcoal drawing of some trees in a farmers field that I took a photo of a few years ago, sadly they have now all been cut down. A4 about 15 minutes. Miss typed 35 minutes.

View attachment 39866

A great pastel portrait :)

@Muddy Cyclist it is sad the way trees in fields get cut down...

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today.
Worked in SketcheClubApp.

It has probably taken me near on 3 hours.

I have several laughing Buddhas. Some fancy. But this one is a clay one. I have a rosary (no I am not Catholic, nor am I religious, but J bought this rosary for me when we visited St Winefrides Well, before I moved to Wales). I keep it wrapped round Laughing Buddha.

So, my offering for today...

View attachment 39864
Like that a lot

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5-star mattress review written 2 years ago --

"It's super comfortable and plush and it feels like you are royalty and you will wake up to Prince Harry."

:D:eek::sorry::angelic:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I could have worked for days and days and never achieved any symmetry at all on my own! :D

Your knitwear work sounds fascinating. :) What is a knitting machine like?
I've just Googled Kaffe Fassett. Lovely colors and designs.
upload_2020-3-31_16-59-9.jpeg

That's similar to my knitting machine, My work area was just as messy,

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was talking on here a few days ago about having problems finding vegetable seeds on Amazon, I was going to grow my own veg, to save going out.

Someone suggested for tomato seeds, to plant seeds from shop bought tomatoes. So with that idea, I googled to see what else I could do with shop bought vegetables...here is a You Tube video on that subject...then I remembered...I used to do that years ago...maybe I have found my lost mind again...

Reactions: SlimLizzy

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5-star mattress review written 2 years ago --

"It's super comfortable and plush and it feels like you are royalty and you will wake up to Prince Harry."

:D:eek::sorry::angelic:

That review must have been posted by Meghan

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.1 this morning

- speaking of forgetting things I suddenly realised I hadn't hit post earlier :banghead:

Loved the misty field and fences @Muddy Cyclist and I'm envious of your courage in going for portraits! @gennepher going from strength to strength :)

good sleep and comfort to all :)

fairly boring catch up art today - still lifes I suppose ;)
no 1 was done with the cheap watercolour paint on typing paper - I wanted to try painting glass, no 2 is one of those physalis fruits done with some ancient gouache I found (from my schooldays :hilarious:), on typing paper.
upload_2020-3-31_22-46-17.jpeg

upload_2020-3-31_22-46-35.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.1 this morning

- speaking of forgetting things I suddenly realised I hadn't hit post earlier :banghead:

Loved the misty field and fences @Muddy Cyclist and I'm envious of your courage in going for portraits! @gennepher going from strength to strength :)

good sleep and comfort to all :)

fairly boring catch up art today - still lifes I suppose ;)
no 1 was done with the cheap watercolour paint on typing paper - I wanted to try painting glass, no 2 is one of those physalis fruits done with some ancient gouache I found (from my schooldays :hilarious:), on typing paper.
View attachment 39872
View attachment 39873
Thanks for compliments, portraits are something I have never done before, a lot to learn and more difficult than landscapes in my opinion. I admire you can do still life a bit like portrait art things have to look as they should, no room for mistakes unless you go for the abstract or Impressionism style. Well drawn and painted.

Reactions: HarryBeau