What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @gennepher . Careful, your monitoring of police and RAF aircraft movements may get you an unexpected visit to a building with a blue light outside!
Went to the farm shop and then went crazy! They had my veg box, plus eggs, then I got them to add meat, alcohol (oops) more salad, two avocado. The birds were singing, the young lady had a nice smile, the sun was shining. I suddenly felt refreshed and better about the world for a little while.
Guitar. Listen and set your mind to the glory of Spain, its colour, scale, tempestuous history and the spirit of the people.

anyone know HOW to post WIN/WIN/WIN..to any post cos THIS deserves it.

the epitome of coming together
we don't like the same team, we live in different parts of the uk,
we are opposite in so many way that seemed important to many, a scant few weeks ago.

yet we have ( i hope ) have always had a respectful appreciation of each others tribes affiliations.

Yet THIS post Gives ME hope.
music i NEVER knew .
From someone i Barely know (no disrespect )
a life that may still exist, yet i now barely recognise, and a seafaring lifestyle i can only envy.

massive cheers for brightening a dark cloudy day..:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No, cycling help, Aerobic exercise helps. Stress is the usual cause so overload of C19 virus, son getting kicked by a horse and carrying on working instead of getting his leg looked at all unfortunately contributed to this attack. It will pass. But thank you for your concern, at least now my mind fogs gone away.
When I said that, I was thinking more the mud and cold and damp and that you had to stay muddy until you got home contributing to your fibro attack.
But as you say added stress with everything contributed to it.

I hope it resolves quickly.
Hugs.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Mr @Muddy Cyclist. Glad all is sorted. 1 hour to clean bike?? C'mon man, get that hose and brush, pause, get WD40, pause, apply favourite chain/sprocket oil. Open beer. 30 mins?
The most useful advise there @True Blue is Open Beer :joyful:

WD40, to heavy GT85 much lighter and of course can't use pressure washer because of blasting dirt into bearings, then drying then stripping chain, rear mech and chain rings, decontaminating disc brakes, re indexing gears, waxing frame, tightening spokes almost more complicated than marine Diesel engines :joyful:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apoplectic..incandescent..Full on ***...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52120578

spurs and some other clubs are asking the government to pay staff wages.....***

while we are sat indoors getting by, the medical staff are risking their lives, the teams cant
speak to the players they give tens of thousands of pounds a week to and get stuck in as a TEAM

GREADY Grasping..B*******

i hope we remember long and hard how disgusting football and the PFA behaved during a time of national crisis.

(may have been posted earlier..sorry ..AAGGHH )

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did find it very funny, stopped dead in the mud and had no option but to wade out, mud to my knees, I had to use sticks to get mud off as I had a 5 mile ride to get home, took 1 hour to clean bike. :banghead:

yep pretty funny..:hilarious::hilarious:

so glad you posted ..but more glad you got home safe. :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Knew I knew the face @jjraak only I remember her as looking like used to like her music might have to listen again, as like you I am enjoying re-listening to stuff I remember but also starting to appreciate things I haven't heard before.

ah so you looked and know of her.

Yet here i am unaware she sang.

how fab is the interweb

(the TWD exceptional tv imho .. less sci-fi more real drams, real peoples emotions as you might expect in times of heightened danger (rings a bell doesn't it, sadly )

with the action elements..which i like but which were not the Engagement, it was THAT how would i behave ..
would i be shane, could i be rick, maybe i would be glenn, or more likely dale.
Lots of stoing female roles, without the pandering to PC BS.there because they deserve to be there.

well worth a watch..personally i loved it.

agree the do over on music has been a revelation.
#time well spent.

take care @Ryhia
stay well

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Apoplectic..incandescent..Full on ***...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52120578

spurs and some other clubs are asking the government to pay staff wages.....***

while we are sat indoors getting by, the medical staff are risking their lives, the teams cant
speak to the players they give tens of thousands of pounds a week and get stuck in as a TEAM

GREADY Grasping..B*******

i hope we remember long and hard how disgusting football and the PFA behaved during a time of national crisis.

(may have been posted earlier..sorry ..AAGGHH )
Hubby expressing similar opinions. "They are a disgrace" his words.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lovely @True Blue thank you for reminding me of this pieces.

One of my favourites and the first classical piece I learned on my guitar and sounds fantastic but actually very easy to play is a Romance in Major and Minor keys. Whilst I play it reasonably I'm nowhere near as good as this fellow, enjoy....

Fabulous post.
and THAT is easy :woot:

..fair play.

i'll just listen...

love it.
cheers for posting.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Signing off for the day.

FBG 5.2
Temp 35.8

and my contribution to GUITAR..

sad to say i knew little, BUT have learned much
so thank you all.
most appreciated.
thanks to all you all i NOW know MORE.

Not a link i shared before but most certainly the same artist.
well worth a watch.

in awe of those with such skill .

love and respect
live long & prosper

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No, cycling help, Aerobic exercise helps. Stress is the usual cause so overload of C19 virus, son getting kicked by a horse and carrying on working instead of getting his leg looked at all unfortunately contributed to this attack. It will pass. But thank you for your concern, at least now my mind fogs gone away.
I agree about the C19 overload. It is getting more and more scary.
Hope your son's leg is OK. Did he get it looked at.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay.
Painting for today.

There is a watercolour app called Auryn Ink.
So I was trying that out, but it was very frustrating because it was a whole new skill set to learn...so it got deleted and I went back to the SketchClubApp...

The SketchClubApp has the feeling of painting in acrylics. Which I very much like. It is more satisfying.

I have no idea what you will make of this.

I don't know what I make of it either...it has taken more than a couple of hours.

View attachment 39915

Cool.
Thank you for posting it. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bother 13 minutes late, no watercolour today but a quick A4 pencil sketch of an idea for a painting. Inspired by some reflections in the strong cold light of last week near Fair Oak Pools which I Cycle past on Cannock Chase. The painting will be more abstract than this sketch with strong light and darker shades.
IMG_2846.JPG

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree about the C19 overload. It is getting more and more scary.
Hope your son's leg is OK. Did he get it looked at.
No he's quite stoical, also worried about visiting hospital at the moment. He dropped us off some farm Eggs on his way home today and could hardly get out of his van, heaven knows how he's shoeing horses. Thank you for your concern.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
More mysterious than mystery men and women. Very atmospheric and I want to explore it.
Thank you for posting it.
I hope you are feeling better.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No he's quite stoical, also worried about visiting hospital at the moment. He dropped us off some farm Eggs on his way home today and could hardly get out of his van, heaven knows how he's shoeing horses. Thank you for your concern.

I hope he will be OK. I never had health insurance when I was getting injured by horses ... except once when a 3yo bucked me off. So I just kept going. Kicked is about the one injury I've never suffered.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope he will be OK. I never had health insurance when I was getting injured by horses ... except once when a 3yo bucked me off. So I just kept going. Kicked is about the one injury I've never suffered.
Apparently someone spooked the horse and my son had got the rear leg well flexed so a lot of force when the horse spooked.

Thanks for compliment on sketch, I might have ago at a Watercolour based on the sketch, today Wednesday.

Re my Fibromyalgia I am lucky my bouts only last round 24 hours, this one about 12 hours so I am relieved it's almost gone.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Trump.
many US networks no longer feed the briefings and i can see why..

BUT as someone who hates trump, but fauci is on point.

I like FAUCI

here he is before being over ruled
we all all light up when we talk about stuff we got prepped before OR things we BELIEVE

he believes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52115535

EDIT.
Oops even the BBC aren't showing it now.
Was an hours briefing on trump tackling the crisis
Of drug cartels...seriously.

And threat's to Iran, etc not to attack the us
Wonder if he is planning something to take the heat off.

He did mention covid, which was were Mr FAUCI came into his own.

#prayforamerica

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 this morning and a temp of 35.6

Been awake since 0230 after a heavy coughing bout shook me up. Cough is still occurring but I have a bit more control over it. Feeling exhausted so will be away from the net today. Take care

Reactions: karen8967