What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
April Fool and living up to my name. Went a Muddy Cycle ride 1 hour, the red mist came down and I decided to tackle a rocky trail, need to keep in practise. Then the responsible me clicked in, I had not seen a soul and at the last minute as I approached the rocks at great speed decided it was safer to miss them, result deep mud. Big bike clean then shower.:joyful:

But it was fun!

View attachment 39892
View attachment 39891

Ooo Cr-@p...:wideyed:

did you ride it or bury it and then dig it up..???:***:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay.
Painting for today.

There is a watercolour app called Auryn Ink.
So I was trying that out, but it was very frustrating because it was a whole new skill set to learn...so it got deleted and I went back to the SketchClubApp...

The SketchClubApp has the feeling of painting in acrylics. Which I very much like. It is more satisfying.

I have no idea what you will make of this.

I don't know what I make of it either...it has taken more than a couple of hours.

View attachment 39915
Really striking and stunning picture.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Personally I think they should bring back liberty bodices, some even had suspenders to keep your knitted stockings up. Very a la mode. Not!

The PE kit at my secondary school was also mortifying - it was a green gym slip which had to be made by a tailoring company it was a shift like dress with an elasticated waist and bloomers and this was the early 60s. Fortunately the uniform was modernized in the second year I was there after the old head mistress retired.
I remember the navy blue bloomers. @Ryhia

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @gennepher . Careful, your monitoring of police and RAF aircraft movements may get you an unexpected visit to a building with a blue light outside!
Went to the farm shop and then went crazy! They had my veg box, plus eggs, then I got them to add meat, alcohol (oops) more salad, two avocado. The birds were singing, the young lady had a nice smile, the sun was shining. I suddenly felt refreshed and better about the world for a little while.
Guitar. Listen and set your mind to the glory of Spain, its colour, scale, tempestuous history and the spirit of the people.
Lovely @True Blue thank you for reminding me of this pieces.

One of my favourites and the first classical piece I learned on my guitar and sounds fantastic but actually very easy to play is a Romance in Major and Minor keys. Whilst I play it reasonably I'm nowhere near as good as this fellow, enjoy....

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I think they should bring back liberty bodices, some even had suspenders to keep your knitted stockings up. Very a la mode.
I remember having to wear a liberty bodice. It mysteriously disappeared. Luckily my mother never found it.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening All. Busy day for me driving around the M25 at a sedate pace returning my friend to her home and medical infrastructure. I can scarcely read about the knitted vests and swimsuits :facepalm: without itching. Lovely photo of Bill and Ben on the edge of their pink rug, new men both! @gennepher thank you for the lovely picture, intrigues me, the colours. I would call it Demure Black Swan and Eagle Eyed Owl guard the cherry tree.
What happened about Popeye litter? I hope you didnt go out. Wishing @OldButBold a satisfactory night.
Remember All, stay/get well, stay safe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay.
Painting for today.

There is a watercolour app called Auryn Ink.
So I was trying that out, but it was very frustrating because it was a whole new skill set to learn...so it got deleted and I went back to the SketchClubApp...

The SketchClubApp has the feeling of painting in acrylics. Which I very much like. It is more satisfying.

I have no idea what you will make of this.

I don't know what I make of it either...it has taken more than a couple of hours.

View attachment 39915
Liked very much again @gennepher .

I'm not sure I will get any done today, this afternoon had a Fibromyalgia Attack so feeling cold, hurt, exhausted and yuk. I can't believe how fast it came on, fingers crossed it will go as quickly. If it does will do a piece of art this evening.

PS EDIT.. all you ladies with knitted swimming costumes at least had straps so you kept mostly decent when it was wet, not so with knitted trunks. :joyful:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening All. Busy day for me driving around the M25 at a sedate pace returning my friend to her home and medical infrastructure. I can scarcely read about the knitted vests and swimsuits :facepalm: without itching. Lovely photo of Bill and Ben on the edge of their pink rug, new men both! @gennepher thank you for the lovely picture, intrigues me, the colours. I would call it Demure Black Swan and Eagle Eyed Owl guard the cherry tree.
What happened about Popeye litter? I hope you didnt go out. Wishing @OldButBold a satisfactory night.
Remember All, stay/get well, stay safe.
Glad you had a very successful day @PenguinMum and got your friend back safely.
Thank you for the painting compliments

Yes I did go out, very first thing. And I got the cat litter that Popeye likes, which was good thank you.

You have a rest now. You need it.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooo Cr-@p...:wideyed:

did you ride it or bury it and then dig it up..???:***:
I did find it very funny, stopped dead in the mud and had no option but to wade out, mud to my knees, I had to use sticks to get mud off as I had a 5 mile ride to get home, took 1 hour to clean bike. :banghead:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Liked very much again @gennepher .

I'm not sure I will get any done today, this afternoon had a Fibromyalgia Attack so feeling cold, hurt, exhausted and yuk. I can't believe how fast it came on, fingers crossed it will go as quickly. If it does will do a piece of art this evening.

PS EDIT.. all you ladies with knitted swimming costumes at least had straps so you kept mostly decent when it was wet, not so with knitted trunks. :joyful:
I hope the fibro goes away quickly.
Thank you for the painting compliment.

Oh dear for the knitted trunks :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did find it very funny, stopped dead in the mud and had no option but to wade out, mud to my knees, I had to use sticks to get mud off as I had a 5 mile ride to get home, took 1 hour to clean bike. :banghead:
Sorry. I know it’s not funny and probably contributed to your fibro attack...but you got me laughing...

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I never had to wear a liberty bodice thank goodness...
Hugs for you for what our parents put us through....
Even though we hated them as they were so old fashioned as well as being hand-me-downs, had to admit they kept us warm in the winter. Autumn you added your liberty bodice until spring, spring you got the spring tonic to drink every morning until it was gone - and no don't ask me how she made it, I wish I could remember, I think it may have been Epsom Salts, hot water and lemons, my mum swore by it as her mum had. Certainly didn't do us any harm.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry. I know it’s not funny and probably contributed to your fibro attack...but you got me laughing...
No, cycling help, Aerobic exercise helps. Stress is the usual cause so overload of C19 virus, son getting kicked by a horse and carrying on working instead of getting his leg looked at all unfortunately contributed to this attack. It will pass. But thank you for your concern, at least now my mind fogs gone away.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
S EDIT.. all you ladies with knitted swimming costumes at least had straps so you kept mostly decent when it was wet, not so with knitted trunks.
It does make me wonder what on earth made anyone think that knitted swimwear would work. Knitted trunks especially were never going to be OK.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Mr @Muddy Cyclist. Glad all is sorted. 1 hour to clean bike?? C'mon man, get that hose and brush, pause, get WD40, pause, apply favourite chain/sprocket oil. Open beer. 30 mins?