What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do remember being covered in a bubbly swimming costume @Ryhia another home made failure by my mother...she had used shirring elastic on one of her white nylon blouses...to make a swimming costume for me...and don’t even go there...white nylon and water do not go together...
Oh that's so funny but not for you I bet! Maybe that's a subject for a run of posts, (funny) "mortifying moments". Not that I would mention any of mine as they are still mortifying to me. ;)

Reactions: SaskiaKC

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And @jjraak these are the same two previous helicopters a few moments.

One appears to be going somewhere specific, and is at a much higher altitude.

View attachment 39897

And here is a pic of it.

View attachment 39898

Might keep you occupied awhile...

Me going back to that app. ..
Hello @gennepher . Careful, your monitoring of police and RAF aircraft movements may get you an unexpected visit to a building with a blue light outside!
Went to the farm shop and then went crazy! They had my veg box, plus eggs, then I got them to add meat, alcohol (oops) more salad, two avocado. The birds were singing, the young lady had a nice smile, the sun was shining. I suddenly felt refreshed and better about the world for a little while.
Guitar. Listen and set your mind to the glory of Spain, its colour, scale, tempestuous history and the spirit of the people.

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Something new to learn every day @OldButBold

The giveaway is the lozenge flight path at Shawbury, it forms a timed circuit that you have to do without visuals. So knowing the wind speed plus wind direction you work out how that will affect your airspeed and fly that pattern as close as possible. That pilot made a nice job of it :)

EDIT

Found the training diagram, same as your flightpath
holds 2 Sectors normal.gif

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Some may find this cute others not. I did ask permission from their parents but they were both too dog tired to care. (dadjokes2u.co.uk - always a winner.)
upload_2020-4-1_16-5-16.png

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All these mysterious women's photos on the thread today ...
Not that I would know a mysterious woman if I met one ...
Mystery-men are more in my line of sight ... :D :cool::eek:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher
I buried mine in my dad’s vegetable garden @HarryBeau and @Krystyna23040
along with all the home made knitted wool vests my mother hand knitted me. It was like being covered in a nettle vest...
They didn’t find them until my father dug over the vegetable garden in Autumn... then I got into trouble...
That has bought back so many memories. Horrible itchy home made knitted wool vests. Yuk.
@gennepher and @HarryBeau my mother was horrified when she saw the wool swimming costume malfunction and she never made me wear it again.
The itchy home made knitted wool vests I had to hide. Luckily she never found them.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh that's so funny but not for you I bet! Maybe that's a subject for a run of posts, (funny) "mortifying moments". Not that I would mention any of mine as they are still mortifying to me. ;)
Very mortifying, so much so still a vivid memory well more than half a century later @Ryhia

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The giveaway is the lozenge flight path at Shawbury, it forms a timed circuit that you have to do without visuals. So knowing the wind speed plus wind direction you work out how that will affect your airspeed and fly that pattern as close as possible. That pilot made a nice job of it :)

EDIT

Found the training diagram, same as your flightpath
View attachment 39909

Ah, that is very interesting @OldButBold
It did seem pretty good somehow, but I didn't know what I was actually looking at.
It is quite riveting to watch...

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher

That has bought back so many memories. Horrible itchy home made knitted wool vests. Yuk.
@gennepher and @HarryBeau my mother was horrified when she saw the wool swimming costume malfunction and she never made me wear it again.
The itchy home made knitted wool vests I had to hide. Luckily she never found them.

How many of us hid/buried/got rid of those itchy wool vests?
I still cannot wear wool next to my skin now....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay.
Painting for today.

There is a watercolour app called Auryn Ink.
So I was trying that out, but it was very frustrating because it was a whole new skill set to learn...so it got deleted and I went back to the SketchClubApp...

The SketchClubApp has the feeling of painting in acrylics. Which I very much like. It is more satisfying.

I have no idea what you will make of this.

I don't know what I make of it either...it has taken more than a couple of hours.

BB4F640B-EB95-4F18-AC5F-607D48634BCA.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay.
Painting for today.

There is a watercolour app called Auryn Ink.
So I was trying that out, but it was very frustrating because it was a whole new skill set to learn...so it got deleted and I went back to the SketchClubApp...

The SketchClubApp has the feeling of painting in acrylics. Which I very much like. It is more satisfying.

I have no idea what you will make of this.

I don't know what I make of it either...it has taken more than a couple of hours.

View attachment 39915
What I make of it is a fantastic piece of art graciously shared by a talented, patient and determined lady. I have no idea what you will make of that.:angelic:

Reactions: Ryhia

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I think they should bring back liberty bodices, some even had suspenders to keep your knitted stockings up. Very a la mode. Not!

The PE kit at my secondary school was also mortifying - it was a green gym slip which had to be made by a tailoring company it was a shift like dress with an elasticated waist and bloomers and this was the early 60s. Fortunately the uniform was modernized in the second year I was there after the old head mistress retired.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did she make you wear it even when she found out it stretched - my mother would have done - you didn't get away with anything with her.
Your mother sounds a lot like mine was. Luckily, when she saw what happened when I came out of the water she didn't make me wear it again. She normally wouldn't take any notice of me refusing to wear something.

Reactions: jjraak

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Personally I think they should bring back liberty bodices, some even had suspenders to keep your knitted stockings up.

Dear god woman, I'm coming over all unnecessary! **** hot in here :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am the same - it completely put me off wool next to my skin. I also hated wearing a liberty bodice - really uncomfortable.