What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My daily painting is early today.
I was trying to do a Chinese brush painting within the SketchClubApp but failed miserably. The brush strokes available were not good enough. I need to look for a different app for Chinese painting.

So, I used the blend too, and blurred it all, and inverted the picture, put it through another tool and got this black effect. I then used the paint fill tool, which normally I am useless with, but because there were defined areas the paint fill stayed where I wanted it. Then I did a bit more.

Not my usual kind of painting :)

I am early today with my painting because I am starting a new project today, which I will be posting later on with photos. You will have to wait....in anticipation...(hopefully!)

View attachment 40021
Good to be experimental and successful when you are, well done.

Awaiting new project with baited breath.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Deserted London in picture
Newsreaders journey into newsrooms.

BBC News - Coronavirus: Sophie Raworth's deserted London
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-52155029
I know it's very different here on Cannock Chase. But that feeling of emptiness she describes is just how it feels when I am Peddling all alone over the Heath and through the forest it's a very different feeling to that when alone in wilderness or on a mountain peak. Thanks for the link.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, day #7 here. A good nights sleep after one bout of coughing. Bloods are a remarkable 4.9 this morning temp 36.2. Walking still a problem, enjoy your Sunday :)

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Deserted London in picture
Newsreaders journey into newsrooms.

BBC News - Coronavirus: Sophie Raworth's deserted London
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-52155029
This except from Sophie Raworth's article is very poignant...
"As I run, my mind projects on to the city a kaleidoscope of memories, layer upon layer, of my family, friends, places, parties that I've been to, as if though they've all gone. There is a strangeness about this time."

I am getting that 'kaleidoscope of memories, layer upon layer...'

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Brilliant fbg @OldButBold and great that you are posting amidst all this - saw it on anther thread. My fbg was a wholly sub-optimal 5.6 today. Yah, boo sucks innit bruv and even being led by the science no one knows if that is accurate or if what I am doing is effective. Now, where have i heard that before? So as I am shielded - or in official letter terminology extremely clinically vulnerable - where to today? Taylor, J is ever helpful so Carolina it is, - at least in my mind. Meanwhile a whole host of people I'll never know and mostly never be able to thank personally are prepared to risk their all for us. Quite a special Palm Sunday. Enjoy the sun, keep your distance. My little granddaughter needs her mummy kept safe. It's personal - very.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52145140

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

Happy whatever day it is, who cares the sun is shining.
Today I shall open a bag of sand, roll my trousers up, stick my feet in a bucket of water and pretend I'm at the seaside.

Oh and a 5.0 this morning.

Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.5 this sunny Palm Sunday morning. Jobs for this morning climb on a chair and clean the cooker hood. Then onto weeding until it gets too warm, then on to a garden chair and a book. Grateful to be well, grateful to have an outside space.
@gennepher thanks for the colourful art and intrigued by whats to come! Hope Popeye continues to heal. @Debandez sorry to hear your news, hope they both recover. For those still not taking this seriously its only when its someone close to them the penny will drop. @OldButBold good to see you checking in and progress seems to be made. Take it very easy. Like you all are I miss seeing my boys and my new grandkitten will be quite grown up when I PG get to meet her. Eldest son isolated alone in Dublin so vey lonely for a young man. But we have a lot to be thankful for, so much, actually.
Try and enjoy Sunday. Stay/get well, stay safe, always.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the smart molecular scattering towards the blue in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of mainly horizontal hill running eggs boiled three ways came in at a steady 5.5 this am.

For many, this date brings back memories as we sailed away to war on the Canberra and the loss of so many friends.
It is a day I have to survive inside. Every man an emperor.

Have as wonderful day as you can - we are going to le jardin arrière for a picnic.
Koffy calls

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
05-04-2020
7.45am FBG 5 3
@OldButBold glad you got a nights rest. Wishing you WELL.
@Ryhia Unkind schoolmates used to call me sparrow knees...And do drawings.

Got no commitment that's my problem I'd forgotten all about them. :banghead:[/QUOTE]
Was wondering if it's a frozen shoulder?
Walking fingers up walls is one of my twice daily (most days)remedial exercises. It does help increase range of movement.
@PenguinMum its wonderful that your plan for the day includes a slot for relaxation.
Am afraid if I tried that would end up even further behind. Looks for running emoji

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fd.jpg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
For many, this date brings back memories as we sailed away to war on the Canberra and the loss of so many friends.
I gave you a hug, for today. As a fellow biker, you in the dark and dangerous norf, and me and me's in the soft down sarf, we must stick together.
There is nothing wrong with shedding a tear for fallen friends and comrades and it's good that their sacrifice is not forgotten.
Raise a koffy for them this morning and tonight a glass of something stronger.
Stay safe, stay well and stay apart.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Ankle improved enormously not painful like yesterday. E-mail provider has sorted out their problems so email is still OK.

Lovely sunny day - this afternoon we will get out the reclining garden chairs and relax and read in the garden.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I gave you a hug, for today. As a fellow biker, you in the dark and dangerous norf, and me and me's in the soft down sarf, we must stick together.
There is nothing wrong with shedding a tear for fallen friends and comrades and it's good that their sacrifice is not forgotten.
Raise a koffy for them this morning and tonight a glass of something stronger.
Stay safe, stay well and stay apart.
So much wisdom in your posts @alf_Josiah often overlooked by those who can't see beyond the very human frailty of not being able to curb/tailor your more alternative outlook. @dunelm hug and I clearly have no idea what today means to you and so many others. It would be wrong and insulting to pretend I do. Equally wrong not to extend the hand of humanity to you - passing by on the other side isn't appropriate here.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from the smart molecular scattering towards the blue in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of mainly horizontal hill running eggs boiled three ways came in at a steady 5.5 this am.

Have as wonderful day as you can - we are going to le jardin arrière for a picnic.
Koffy calls

win for the fbg.
gentle hug for the reminder of a difficult time.
hope you manage the passage inside and find a little peace in today

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

Happy whatever day it is, who cares the sun is shining.
Today I shall open a bag of sand, roll my trousers up, stick my feet in a bucket of water and pretend I'm at the seaside.

Oh and a 5.0 this morning.

don't believe i gave one before, but never a better time to remind ourselves of jollier times.

which will come again, soon enough

Reactions: alf_Josiah